any way to check it? Could this be anything but a bad SIM card (i.e., software or phone hardware issue)?
    12-23-08 05:12 PM
    Can you take it out and do a battery pull to see if it makes it go away?
    12-23-08 05:18 PM
    I am also getting that same message. This happened when I entered the wrong SIM PUK code more than a certain amount of times (foolish and ignorant, as to I did not know what I was doing) and at first it locked me out of my phone ENTIRELY. But connecting it to the computer and pulling the battery fixed that. Once my phone booted back up I was getting SIM card errors. Since I am not planning on leaving the United States anytime soon I just took out the SIM card. Also, I didn't want to call Global Support only because it would have been no benefit for me anyway. The SIM card is lodged in the slot pretty well so my advice would to get an eraser or a piece of sticky tape and pluck it out if you do decide to remove it. I am bookmarking this thread for now if someone comes up with an answer/fix for this.
    12-23-08 08:51 PM
    battery pull fixed mine
    12-23-08 09:04 PM
    If you go to "Manage Connections" then to "Mobile Network Options" and select "Network Techology" to be "1XEV" and not the default "Global".

This will fix the SIM error message.
    12-23-08 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD