Theirs a new update...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Still does not work on OS .75. Talked to Verizon tech and as mentioned before in this thread, the app is designed for the new OS release. Do not hold your breath for the release.
    05-28-09 04:20 PM
    I'm not on .75 havevent been since dec. It works but in captibilty mode.

05-28-09 04:43 PM
    I installed the 2.0.13 version onto my storm earlier in the day and couldn't get it to work not matter what I tried. I removed the 2.0.13 version and reinstalled the 1.0.3 version which still works without any problems. According to another post about this update, the only change is the addition of the ability to manage Friends & Family.

05-28-09 04:51 PM
    I have set everything correctly. I open the app and the Welcome to My Verizon screen shows up. After that, blank white screen. I try using the BB button to select an option but that freezes up the app completely. I then get a Java error. Why can some people get this to work and I having no luck.

Running .148 with no mods.
    Already deleted and installed three times.

Anyone?
    05-28-09 07:11 PM
    I have set everything correctly. I open the app and the Welcome to My Verizon screen shows up. After that, blank white screen. I try using the BB button to select an option but that freezes up the app completely. I then get a Java error. Why can some people get this to work and I having no luck.

Running .148 with no mods.
    Already deleted and installed three times.

Anyone?
    It's slow and buggy for me, but it kinda works. I'm rockin .148 also

I tried compat. mode on/off, and it NOW works for me with it OFF. After the screen goes white, maybe 15 seconds later I can hit the BB button and the menu will pop up. Then I can choose what info I want.
    Last edited by catbertz; 05-28-09 at 07:38 PM.
    05-28-09 07:35 PM
    Works great for me on running .148
    05-28-09 07:41 PM
    I have "one bill" from Verizon and some functions like balance don't work with that setup.
    05-28-09 07:55 PM
    I was running my storm with a 4.7.0.141 hybrid a few weeks ago and after much trouble installed MyVerizon 1.0.3 and it seemed to work fine, but then I erased it and installed 4.7.0.148 and now I'm trying to reinstall MyVerizon, but now I can only get 2.0.13 and it doesn't work with my Storm.

My error is that the app opens fine and its not in compatibility mode, but then all it does it go to My Balance, if I try to close the app, open the main menu or another feature I see the server and hourglass then it returns me to My Balance.

Anyone have a link or file for the 1.0.3 version?
    05-29-09 04:57 PM
    I was running my storm with a 4.7.0.141 hybrid a few weeks ago and after much trouble installed MyVerizon 1.0.3 and it seemed to work fine, but then I erased it and installed 4.7.0.148 and now I'm trying to reinstall MyVerizon, but now I can only get 2.0.13 and it doesn't work with my Storm.

My error is that the app opens fine and its not in compatibility mode, but then all it does it go to My Balance, if I try to close the app, open the main menu or another feature I see the server and hourglass then it returns me to My Balance.

Anyone have a link or file for the 1.0.3 version?
    You are right, the 1.0.3 works on the storm without any problems as long as you are using one of the later beta leaks. The 2.0.13 version works also but only through the BB menu. The screen will only show as completely white but if you use the BB menu to select one of the options, it will display it properly on the screen. You can get the app loader files to install version 1.0.3 from the following link.

My Verizon 1.0.3

05-29-09 05:51 PM
    Hello Guys. I am not sure if someone posted this information but I thought it was cool so I figured I would share it.

Here�s what you can do with the My Verizon application:

Check balance
    Check usege
    Make a payment
    View current plan
    Add/Remove features
    Reset Voicemail password
    Store locator
    Check to see if a # is IN

To download, from your device go to:
    VZStart

Once its downloaded, please follow these instructions since the compatibility needs to be disabled:
    • Options
    • Advanced Options
    • Applications
    • Scroll to and highlight MyVerizon then press menu (Blackberry) button, if compatibility is enabled there will be a selection to "disable compatibility." If compatibility is already disabled, you will not see a "disable compatibility"
      selection.

The link above isn't working. It says "The system was unable to process your request, please try again later."
    06-09-09 01:26 PM
    It works. I can see how some people think it doesn't work. Once you get a white screen, you have to hit the blackberry button to bring up the menu and access the features. If you aren't sure about the short link, just click here:

My Verizon

I can't believe how useful this app is. It really should come standard on all Verizon BBs.
    06-09-09 01:50 PM
    It works. I can see how some people think it doesn't work. Once you get a white screen, you have to hit the blackberry button to bring up the menu and access the features. If you aren't sure about the short link, just click here:

My Verizon

I can't believe how useful this app is. It really should come standard on all Verizon BBs.
    The link you posted downloads a .jad file. i could only do that on my pc and then email it back to myself. But, then when I try to open the attachment, it says "download failed"
    I really liked this application. Any ideas on where else I can get it?
    06-15-09 01:41 PM
    You are right, the 1.0.3 works on the storm without any problems as long as you are using one of the later beta leaks. The 2.0.13 version works also but only through the BB menu. The screen will only show as completely white but if you use the BB menu to select one of the options, it will display it properly on the screen. You can get the app loader files to install version 1.0.3 from the following link.

My Verizon 1.0.3

There are 2 files in this. Which one do we install on the Storm and how?
    Thank you
    06-15-09 01:51 PM

My Verizon

I managed to download it to my storm, but now it only shows me payment details, can't get to any of the other features. Moreover, it hangs
    I've had to delete this app twice off my phone and restart... aaargh
    06-15-09 02:10 PM
    There are 2 files in this. Which one do we install on the Storm and how?
    Thank you
    After you extract the files, use the browse option in app loader to select the alx file to add the app to your available apps list. Make sure that the box next to My Verizon is checked off and the click next twice to install.

06-15-09 02:40 PM
    After you extract the files, use the browse option in app loader to select the alx file to add the app to your available apps list. Make sure that the box next to My Verizon is checked off and the click next twice to install.

Ok Thanks. I guess there is no other way than to use DM to install this.
    06-15-09 02:50 PM
    Ok Thanks. I guess there is no other way than to use DM to install this.
    You can use the OTA to install the latest one but DM is the only way to install the older version.

My Verizon

06-15-09 04:26 PM

My Verizon 1.0.3

thanks for the link to the older version....that one works a lot more consistently for me than the updated one and i inadvertently deleted it when i was trying to delete the verizon app store
    06-15-09 04:31 PM
    You can use the OTA to install the latest one but DM is the only way to install the older version.

My Verizon

The latest one isn't working on my Storm. Way too many bugs
    I think the app is awesome. I wish there was some way to get it to work with the Storm seamlessly.
    Last edited by hansumstranger; 06-15-09 at 04:41 PM.
    06-15-09 04:38 PM
    The latest one isn't working on my Storm. Way too many bugs
    I think the app is awesome. I wish there was some way to get it to work with the Storm seamlessly.
    The latest one works but the main screen won't show. In order to use it, you have to select the features from the bb menu. After that whatever feature you wanted will display.

06-15-09 04:50 PM
    The latest one works but the main screen won't show. In order to use it, you have to select the features from the bb menu. After that whatever feature you wanted will display.

The latest one only shows me my billing information. If I try any of the other features, it goes into an infinite loop of contacting the server! I have to do a battery pull to get it to exit. I've tried both enabling and disabling compatibility, neither worked.
    I hope VzW puts out an update that works with the Storm.
    06-15-09 05:06 PM
    Doesn't work for storm since the last update. Hope they get it fix soon

06-15-09 06:33 PM
    My Verizon is now officially available for the Storm. I went to VZW's mobile home page and then to "Get Apps" and it is there.

OTA:
    http://mobile.vzw.com/download/myver...rizonStorm.jad
    06-18-09 03:39 PM
    I like this latest version. I find it more visually appealing than those for the other bbs.

06-18-09 03:52 PM
    that version still doesn't quite work.
    on several selections, I was able to view some account information once, then selecting a differenct one would freeze while contacting the server.

Compatibility Mode helps with viewing the selections, but that only seems because the Non-compatibility mode doesn't load properly, as there is no actual GUI, it all seemed to be handled by the BB menu.

It would probably be easier to pay over the phone or a BB browser compatible with their payment site.
    06-18-09 04:00 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD