Hello Guys. I am not sure if someone posted this information but I thought it was cool so I figured I would share it.

Here�s what you can do with the My Verizon application:

Check balance
    Check usege
    Make a payment
    View current plan
    Add/Remove features
    Reset Voicemail password
    Store locator
    Check to see if a # is IN

To download, from your device go to:
    http://is.gd/tXiY

Once its downloaded, please follow these instructions since the compatibility needs to be disabled:
    • Options
    • Advanced Options
    • Applications
    • Scroll to and highlight MyVerizon then press menu (Blackberry) button, if compatibility is enabled there will be a selection to "disable compatibility." If compatibility is already disabled, you will not see a "disable compatibility"
      selection.
    05-21-09 06:10 PM
    Hmm. Kinda odd that it doesn't come FROM Verizon. Yup, I wouldn't install this if I were you.
    05-21-09 08:01 PM
    It's safe to install and it does come FROM verizon. My Verizon is available from the verizon mobile website for every blackberry except for the storm. The reason for the link is that it is too long to type out the entire OTA link so somebody made a shorter version linking to it. This was posted about a month ago on the CB blogs. The My Verizon app was recently updated to version 1.0.3.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 08:13 PM
    I stand corrected. Sorry!
    05-21-09 08:15 PM
    I did a search on this and the link takes you to directly to a verizon mobile site. He is correct.. check out the size of the "link":

RIM-COD-SHA1-4: 1f fa 69 66 e6 7a b0 83 04 14 d9 c0 a3 31 ce a0 37 4f ...
    RIM-COD-SHA1-4: 1f fa 69 66 e6 7a b0 83 04 14 d9 c0 a3 31 ce a0 37 4f 0c ad RIM ... SHA1-1: 81 9b 38 c7 1b 86 1b c4 07 95 63 e1 37 2e 27 f5 54 f6 a0 67 RIM-COD-URL ...mobile.vzw.com/download/myverizon/BBRichClient/MyVerizon.jad
    05-21-09 10:13 PM
    I stand corrected. Sorry!
    yea u better be sorry..lol.. just playing
    05-22-09 06:36 AM
    This app doesn't work at all for me. I get an error saying. Sorry unable to connect to Verizon wireless servers. Is there a fix for that?

05-22-09 06:58 AM
    i had to install this twice...the first time it installed no problem. the second took several times over 2 or 3 days to get it to download. not sure what the problem was. this app is also hard to find on the forums, even with the search feature.

but it is a very cool app and i use mine all the time. u can even ck data usage.
    05-22-09 08:31 AM
    Works great for me . Should've come on the phone from the start.

05-22-09 08:58 AM
    Works great for me . Should've come on the phone from the start.

I agree! Im just glad I am now able to use it. Great benefit!!!!
    Last edited by javi_bcp2005; 05-22-09 at 07:29 PM.
    05-22-09 06:39 PM
    if on a storm make sure to disable compatibility mode or you won't be able to do much on it

works great otherwise!
    05-22-09 10:15 PM
    I did that. All I get is a white screen with a dude standing there and it says welcome to verizon wireless. A minute goes by and error pops up saying sorry unable to connect with verizon servers.

05-22-09 10:51 PM
    yeah, that's the first screen that should come up, but then within about 5 secs it should bring up your options screen to click on...everything else data-wise works on your phone...email, internet, sms, etc?
    05-23-09 12:11 AM
    and did you try uninstalling and reinstalling again like chiplatham had to do a few posts up...maybe there was a fluke error during the install

i'm sure you've already tried a battery pull also?
    05-23-09 12:12 AM
    I installed.....disabled compatibility mode. Says can not connect to verizon wireless servers. Uninstalled then did the process again.
    Same error message?

Any advice?

05-23-09 03:30 AM
    It sounds like it still has the same bugs as it did when it first came out. It only worked on the upgraded OSs. Does the Storm show up as a compatible device now? It didn't before.
    05-23-09 09:40 AM
    It sounds like it still has the same bugs as it did when it first came out. It only worked on the upgraded OSs. Does the Storm show up as a compatible device now? It didn't before.
    It still isn't fully compatible with the storm yet. I tried to go to the mobile vzw site to download the app when the update was first reported earlier in the week and it wouldn't display it to download. The only way to install it is to use the OTA link provided. I also don't see any big changes between this and the previous version.

05-23-09 10:33 AM
    It still isn't fully compatible with the storm yet. I tried to go to the mobile vzw site to download the app when the update was first reported earlier in the week and it wouldn't display it to download. The only way to install it is to use the OTA link provided. I also don't see any big changes between this and the previous version.

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll wait a little longer.
    05-23-09 11:46 AM
    2 download attempts. Still does not connect to server. Anybody got this to work on OS .75?
    05-24-09 01:14 PM
    not sure, i'm running .148, come to think of it that may be the problem with mike if he is also on .75...

maybe it's not compatible with earlier OS?
    05-24-09 01:42 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/my-...unt-bb-208238/

Some more discussion on this here.

05-24-09 01:51 PM
    The weird thing with this app is that it doesn't work with storm .75 OS. If you upgrade to a leaked OS then the app will work.

Crazy but true. Upgraded temporarly and used app pretty cool but unable to use now that i have reverted back to my original OS.
    05-25-09 11:37 AM
    might have something to do with why it technically isn't showing as available for the storm...

it only works on the storm if you've upgraded to an upgraded OS which of course they have not approved yet...

good lord Verizon, you know you're late on an update when your own program requires it to work correctly!
    05-25-09 12:16 PM
    nice app. i have been waiting for this
    05-26-09 03:03 PM
    Theirs a new update...

05-28-09 03:35 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD