Hey all. Got the Storm the other day and returned it for the Curve. Long story short: I found the typing to be significantly worse than the Curve, which at this point lets me type without looking (so I'm pretty quick and unwilling to give that up). However, the Storm was soooo slow. The NYT review I'm sure you all saw really hit home with me. Frequently it wouldn't click the right button, and often would lag. Over time, those seconds of lag would just bug the **** out of me, when I have a Curve that does so much for me already.

I looked around but didn't see as many threads on the slow operating speed, so I am curious for some expert commentary.
    11-27-08 11:01 PM
    Did you type without looking on the Curve right out of the box?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-08 11:21 PM
    I'm no expert. I can say that at first it seemed terribly slow, but now after having it for a few days and putting paper behind the battery, it seems to be much faster. I'm certain a significant portion of the slowness was my own learning curve. There is definitely a knack to hitting the right letters/symbols on the keyboard, and getting the cursor where you want it to go.
    11-27-08 11:22 PM
    Obviously there is going to be a learning curve, but I am skilled enough with technology to know that it's inherently impossible given the nature of a touch screen because I am using the QWERTY via physical attributes (knowing how the button is going to feel mentally) which the touch tech can't emulate.

In addition, if we want to talk about typing speed, I did not like the portrait view non QWERTY screen.

Either way, not as important, but I am very curious to hear more about people who felt the lag issue.
    11-27-08 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD