but i'll wait to hear from someone less new and daft before i do anything
    Can someone confirm it this is a leak?
    02-23-09 04:27 PM
    but i'll wait to hear from someone less new and daft before i do anything
    Can someone confirm if this is a leak?
    02-23-09 04:28 PM
    I'm installing now. It appears to be a legit file RIM's digital signature is on it.. It would be very difficult to fake that.
    02-23-09 04:43 PM
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for
    a new official and the app store
    coming at the same time!
    02-23-09 05:30 PM
    I cant download any leaks, but .75 seems fine. A tad slow with the accelerometer though. Does this get a speed boost in the leaks?
    02-23-09 05:32 PM
    There's really not much new in the new OSs. Really, the only major change is the QWERTY in Portrait. Everything else is pretty much the same in terms of functionality. That being said, what's to train really? The OSs are getting better, but there's still some bugs. Bugs that I don't even see mentioned on here. Everyone keeps mentioning the speed and overall visual perception of the OSs to date. Well, that's a major item they are working on, but there's a lot of small glitches that need to be fixed prior to final release.

Remember one thing, VZW made a bad move releasing the Storm the way it was last year. They've caught so much flack from reviewers, that I don't think they can afford to release another OS that doesn't change everyone's perception of the phone. They released it early and pushed it for the holiday season. Good on paper, but bad in reality and it bit them in the bud. So, we'll see just how thorough the VZW testers really are when it's all said and done.
    Then they should give us another freaking leak in the meantime.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Civic, as usual, is is straight to the crux of the matter. And even though there appears to be a leak of .109 in the wild "they," whomever "they" are, don't have to give us anything. RIM or VZW have no obligation to release premature beta OSs. They don't have to even work on any improvement if they choose not too. But if you read enough of these threads and posts, reliable people or ppl with experience will tell you that RIM is committed to improving the function of the Storm, but VZW will only release an official OS when they are convinced that it is a reliable and stable product.
    02-23-09 06:33 PM
    Although the number of STORMS being sold each week by verizon has not increased, they are SOLD OUT and have been for several days. Same thing happened day after release. Units were being held back to install new os. my thought is that an official release will be out by this weekend.
    02-23-09 06:48 PM
    As several here have stated, VZW is going to make darn sure they get it correct this time. I would bet my last dollar that RIM is doing all they can to help them make sure the next VZW OS is better in every way. RIM and VZW have their reputations riding on it. This is the reason for the delay.
    02-23-09 07:16 PM
    Thanks so much for sharing your speculation.
    02-23-09 07:31 PM
    I think that .109 will be the next official OS. It's just so incredible stable and fast. And by the way, the 9530 and the 9500 are now on the same softwarelevel
    02-24-09 12:32 AM
    There's really not much new in the new OSs. Really, the only major change is the QWERTY in Portrait. Everything else is pretty much the same in terms of functionality. That being said, what's to train really? The OSs are getting better, but there's still some bugs. Bugs that I don't even see mentioned on here. Everyone keeps mentioning the speed and overall visual perception of the OSs to date. Well, that's a major item they are working on, but there's a lot of small glitches that need to be fixed prior to final release.

Remember one thing, VZW made a bad move releasing the Storm the way it was last year. They've caught so much flack from reviewers, that I don't think they can afford to release another OS that doesn't change everyone's perception of the phone. They released it early and pushed it for the holiday season. Good on paper, but bad in reality and it bit them in the bud. So, we'll see just how thorough the VZW testers really are when it's all said and done.
    Couldn't agree with you more.
    02-24-09 02:58 AM
    I think that .109 will be the next official OS. It's just so incredible stable and fast. And by the way, the 9530 and the 9500 are now on the same softwarelevel
    I've read on other threads that they are well past .109 in the testing. Some reported version .120+ that was out in the wild...we just haven't seen those leaked to us.

Which makes me wonder, what else is left to fix? Seriously, .109 is pretty close to "there" for me. Color depth and potential memory leaks, a few bugs here and there, but it's still very close. Just seems if .109 is that close, that surely if they're already on .120+ that those OS's must be rock solid and would be close to a public release?
    02-24-09 08:41 AM
    I've read on other threads that they are well past .109 in the testing. Some reported version .120+ that was out in the wild...we just haven't seen those leaked to us.

Which makes me wonder, what else is left to fix? Seriously, .109 is pretty close to "there" for me. Color depth and potential memory leaks, a few bugs here and there, but it's still very close. Just seems if .109 is that close, that surely if they're already on .120+ that those OS's must be rock solid and would be close to a public release?
    Rumor had it that .133 was in internal testing at RIM earlier in the week, so yeah, they are way past what we see in leaks. That being said, I think it's fair to say that if we don't see the color scale bumped up in .12x releases (if we see them as leaks) we need to start worrying. From past patterns, we see wacky instability or major changes in series of 10, so since the color thing was first noticed in .99, I'm hoping to think that by the time they got to .11x, they might have bumped it back up. If we see .12x releases and the color scale is still blah, then it could be a sign of bad things to come from the official release. From computer experience, color depth reduction is usually something that goes hand in hand with the video card running at a lower pace (speed/power). It's sometimes done with advanced power management on laptops to help boost battery power when full video push isn't needed. It could be that they dropped the color scale to improve battery life. After all, you only see this color scale drop in just the interface, not in video playback or picture viewing (so the multimedia content isn't affected by it). Either way though, if the interface looks jacked up, it's a bad move on their part.... especially since themes will start coming out now and that'll really shine a big light on this problem.
    02-24-09 10:11 AM
    I cant help but think that everything were doing here is helping RIM in some way. The Betas get released through here and other forums, we load it and put our findings. Am I wrong?

That's real world feedback. Then again...they are probably getting tired of all the senseless posts and bickering as I am.
    02-24-09 10:24 AM
    From a marketing standpoint releasing the Offical Update to coinside with the App Store makes sense.

The buzz of the two can feed off each other as awell as encourage "re- reviews"

But I am inagreement if the OS isn't up to par there is no point in releasing it app store or none
    02-24-09 10:41 AM
    I cant help but think that everything were doing here is helping RIM in some way. The Betas get released through here and other forums, we load it and put our findings. Am I wrong?

That's real world feedback. Then again...they are probably getting tired of all the senseless posts and bickering as I am.
    RIM could care less what people are saying on CB. They have their own beta testers, and get any feedback from them. CB is only a small portion of BB users.

If someone stole your identity, would you monitor them to make sure they are having a good time masquerading as you on their vacation in Tahiti? Probably not.
    02-24-09 10:42 AM
    RIM could care less what people are saying on CB. They have their own beta testers, and get any feedback from them. CB is only a small portion of BB users.

If someone stole your identity, would you monitor them to make sure they are having a good time masquerading as you on their vacation in Tahiti? Probably not.
    Oh well...atleast we can help others get theirs squared away.
    02-24-09 10:50 AM
    Any word on Official Release from VZW? I saw the post that stated release in March, but come on now, one of you must work for VZW, don't be shy.
    02-24-09 11:13 AM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD