I think that we haven't seen an official release yet partly because of the app store coming in March. I'm sure that it probably won't require a full OS upgrade, but maybe that's what Verizon is waiting for. Then just release them both at the same time.
    02-23-09 12:17 PM
    I've been thinking the very same thing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 12:40 PM
    Perhaps...
    02-23-09 12:43 PM
    That and the fact that have not released a stable OS build since .75 which as stable is it is really sucks
    02-23-09 12:45 PM
    Makes sense. I don't think they're waiting so much as testing/building though.
    02-23-09 12:46 PM
    i'm hoping that's the case

getting my blackberry storm in two weeks
    02-23-09 12:48 PM
    Totally agrees with the OP on this one.
    02-23-09 12:50 PM
    That and the fact that have not released a stable OS build since .75 which as stable is it is really sucks
    No it doesn't suck. It works just fine and just because you have problems, or think you have problems, doesn't make it so for everyone.

I have found so long as you make sure your application memory doesn't get too low it works just fine. Either do a battery pull or download quickpull.

In regards to the OP's remarks, probably late March but who really knows? I don't know much about Blackberry OS releases but it seems unreasonable to have a new OS release around the start of December and expect another official release in less then 3 months.

I'll bet they could release the best OS ever and you would still have people complaining. I'm quite happy with the way it works now. I'm not a fan boy, I've never owned a Blackberry before and I would have got an iPhone if not for my contract. Still I'm not the least bit disappointed in the Storm. If I had to do it all over again I would without hesitation.
    02-23-09 12:55 PM
    App centre has worked in all os releases...don't agree

02-23-09 12:56 PM
    OK take this for what it's worth because I heard it from a rep at VW.

I was on the phone with good ol' VW yesterday, I was trying to get an extension on my 30 day trial period. She told me that they could not extend but to just be patient because in early March they will be rolling out the new software upgrade. She told me about a new app center, better stability, and something about an addition to VCast?

Just thought I would throw this out there. It's up to you to decide whether or not she was just trying to get me to hang onto my phone past the 30 day mark. I'm keeping my fingers crossed but not getting my hopes up too high!
    02-23-09 01:25 PM
    App centre has worked in all os releases...don't agree
    The OP was refering to the "App Store" which is not online yet, not the Appcenter.

It makes sense. If I was VZW I would not want to attempt to train CS personal to support an official release now when there is a chance that the App Store will require a change making them release another official.

Then again who knows what VZW is thinking.
    02-23-09 01:35 PM
    The App Store will be carrier independent, so I doubt Verizon is waiting for it.

What I do think they (VZW) are waiting for is a quality OS that doesn't suck. Instead of hating on VZW for not releasing an official OS, we should be thanking them that they haven't released the rubbish we've played with thus far (.8x-.10x).
    02-23-09 02:02 PM
    There's really not much new in the new OSs. Really, the only major change is the QWERTY in Portrait. Everything else is pretty much the same in terms of functionality. That being said, what's to train really? The OSs are getting better, but there's still some bugs. Bugs that I don't even see mentioned on here. Everyone keeps mentioning the speed and overall visual perception of the OSs to date. Well, that's a major item they are working on, but there's a lot of small glitches that need to be fixed prior to final release.

Remember one thing, VZW made a bad move releasing the Storm the way it was last year. They've caught so much flack from reviewers, that I don't think they can afford to release another OS that doesn't change everyone's perception of the phone. They released it early and pushed it for the holiday season. Good on paper, but bad in reality and it bit them in the bud. So, we'll see just how thorough the VZW testers really are when it's all said and done.
    02-23-09 02:30 PM
    Posts 12 and 13 are where this thread should end. I agree with them.
    02-23-09 02:33 PM
    Then they should give us another freaking leak in the meantime.

02-23-09 02:58 PM
    Not true in my opinion. I found .99 and .103 to be the very first OS releases to match .75's stability.

Although, they need to fix the typing lag. It was much better in .75, but then .99 and .103 have, to their credits, greatly improved over .75 in a number of ways.
    02-23-09 03:22 PM
    Not true in my opinion. I found .99 and .103 to be the very first OS releases to match .75's stability.

Although, they need to fix the typing lag. It was much better in .75, but then .99 and .103 have, to their credits, greatly improved over .75 in a number of ways.

I agree, and than came the 109 hyrbid. All the stability of .103, and no typing lag and even faster
    02-23-09 03:31 PM
    Then they should give us another freaking leak in the meantime.

???? There ain't no "they"

Leaks are not given. They are stolen.
    02-23-09 03:34 PM
    I've had the same thought as the OP, but really, who knows?
    02-23-09 03:43 PM
    I agree, and than came the 109 hyrbid. All the stability of .103, and no typing lag and even faster
    Alright... I can't take this anymore. Now I'm tempted to try this .109 hybrid.

Wasn't sure how to do it so avoided it, but I guess I'll check it out.
    02-23-09 04:01 PM
    Using the app center as an excuse just doesn't cut it for me. I'm still on .75, and yes, my Storm works well on it. But if the "date" floating out there of March 31st is correct, then were still a good month away. Why can't VZ/RIM release an OS upgrade that will provide ALL of the users with a more stable and enjoyable user experience right now, and then if necessary, release another upgrade specifically for the app center? I think you'd see alot more satisfied Storm owners if that was done.
    02-23-09 04:06 PM
    The OP was refering to the "App Store" which is not online yet, not the Appcenter.

It makes sense. If I was VZW I would not want to attempt to train CS personal to support an official release now when there is a chance that the App Store will require a change making them release another official.

Then again who knows what VZW is thinking.
    The app centre is for BB the App Store is for apple...

With that out of the way...the app centre is 1 entity of the entire os..which is already functional just not operational and has been since release...it makes no sense for them to wait for that. What would they be waiting for anyway? Developers? Already taking submissions. Doesn't make sense.

Last edited by TheComebackKidd; 02-23-09 at 04:09 PM.
    02-23-09 04:06 PM
    I found this link on the internet. I would start a new thread but i don't have enough posts. It looks like .109 for the 9530.

depositfiles.com/en/files/myzhqgsof
    02-23-09 04:08 PM
    but i'll wait to hear from someone less new and daft before i do anything
    02-23-09 04:15 PM
    The app centre is for BB the App Store is for apple...

With that out of the way...the app centre is 1 entity of the entire os..which is already functional just not operational and has been since release...it makes no sense for them to wait for that

The app center does ship as one component of your BB OS. However, it is NOT the soon-to-be-available App Store that is due to be released in the next several weeks. This has even been mentioned on the main page of CB.com. Where have you gotten the idea that these two different things are one and the same?

The new app store is supposed to be similar in capacity to what the App Store in iTunes is for the iPhone. The current BB app center has, what, 13 or so applications to choose from? The only way that these two things could be the same is if they have a rollout that, all of a sudden makes hundreds of applications available through the current App Center medium, but from what I've read, that's not supposed to be the case at all.
    02-23-09 04:15 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD