For the most part my Rottweiler is pretty freindly both to people and his toys...that is until he met his match, the blackberry storm! I was walking into another room passing his dog water dish when I went to clip my phone back into my holster on my belt, it somehow didn't click into the holster and the phone dropped and splashed right into his big old dog water bowl. Before I even had time to react to get the phone out right away the stupid dog came flying in and pushed me away from the water bowl gaurding it looking at me growling! of course I go runniing out the front door calling his name so I can get him outside and run in the house and lock the door on his as* a few minutes go by and sure enough I was able to get him away from the water bowl gurding my phone in it by him going out the front door and me slamming the door in his face! I got the phone out now and its dead, doesn't turn on doesnt do nothing, makes a nice paper weight now. I'm gonna do the bag of rice trick and see if it helps, if not thats why I have insurance, but I can't believe my dog did that! I know if I got the phone out right away without the stupid dog pushing me away that I could have saved the phone from death! ahhhh! the joys of living with dogs that will do anything to gaurd what the think is theres!
    06-13-09 09:03 AM
    Wow.... Omg I feel so bad for you... Well, is your dog usually this protective over random things like that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 09:45 AM
    That's pretty funny! Rotties are like that. Protect the strangest things at times. Maybe he was just trying to help ya with that addiction .

Sorry about your phone though. Its just water, pull the battery and give it time to dry out. Should be fine.

06-13-09 09:53 AM
    I have a rottie and she is sweet and kind all the time (as long as you dont mess with my family or any baby/kid-she thinks she is there mother)!!! I know this is kind of off topic but I wanted to share.

Sorry about your phone but in defense of your "stupid" dog---she did not drop your phone in water initially.
    06-13-09 10:02 AM
    I feel bad for the dog. You blame him for not letting you to the water bowl and the phone but if I read this correctly you are the one that droped into the water bowl. I said this out of fun.

06-13-09 10:09 AM
    Blow dry storm > put in rice bag > long walk w/dog. Shd be fine.
    06-13-09 10:21 AM
    I would of shot the dog with the shotgun app after I got a new phone

06-13-09 10:34 AM
    I guess it's clear who Alpha is in your house. My Lab Pit Mix would never think of guarding something from me. Sorry for your bad luck...
    06-13-09 10:46 AM
    Your dog is not traind. Get a subsmissive training class for it.
    My dog won't eat unless I say "Take it". If I said "Leave it" then he won't take it.
    06-13-09 10:48 AM
    Personally, I think your Rot was jealous of that phone and she saw her chance and took it. Smart doggie. Seriously, though, I hope you either have insurance or get it working again.
    06-13-09 10:50 AM
    Dude im sorry about your berry but you need to get your dog some training asap!
    06-14-09 07:59 AM
    Not sure why you are upset at your dog...
    06-14-09 08:03 AM
    That dog needs his azz kicked!
    Last edited by 05Midnight; 06-14-09 at 09:50 AM.
    06-14-09 09:48 AM
    Is his name BlueTooth? LOL

06-14-09 09:58 AM
    Not the dogs fault about the phone but I still wouldn't let my dog get away with that crap. She knows her place and it definitely isn't growling at me.
    06-14-09 05:14 PM
    Dog Logic. It's in my food place. I always eat what you put there for me... but next time put it in the food bowl not the water, huh?
    06-14-09 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD