[WARNING!]
    I am very bored and out of it today. First off, i love this community, it rocks, and yea it's very cool. IF you don't feel like hearing a very long rant with bad grammer and spelling please leave now.

so i got a storm a while back and loved it 4 the 1st 2 weeks....then i had to do my 1st battery pull....and from there it was just downhill.....about 4 storm replacements and 7-8 months later, im about to give up on the storm and troop it with my ol' voyager until my contract gives and get an iPh-......well you know that "word".

so anyway, im hating this phone more and more. like everyday when i leave out the house i would dread to pick up that damn phone. it was like h3ll. i couldn't even answer the phone at times. the phone would vibrate when someone would call but i couldn't unlock the F()*&*& screen! WTF phone can't take incoming calls. AHHHHHHHHH! strike 1

[breather]

also, the keyboard lag when texting was ridamndiculous (< that's Ridiculous + damn). it took 3 (yes im not lying) battery pulls one time to send one text. jesus christ. it already takes about 20 minutes to do a battery pull. so you do the math. strike 2.

then the main reason why i brought this phone is to see how fast the internet 3g that every1 with smartphones was bragging about really was.
    not with a goddamned bbstorm. nope. **** no. the storm's browser would take a little over a minute to load google. wtf. i was here spending 30 dollars a mo. for internet and i couldn't get past google. It wasn't because of the service, oh no. it wasn't because of the blackberry being a bad phone (hardware wise), oh no. it was the damn software. i would hit go on google, and it would sit there spinning that godamned square like clock in a cirlce for a minute until it decided to load google. i guess that was a feature included in the BIS serivce. strike 3.

then the hardware. my buttons would fall off (YES FALL OFF!) the actual device. the screen would click when it wanted to. and the lock button loved to lock, but HATED TO UNLOCK! strike 4.

and the worst part was i was the last person out of my friends to finally jump on the smartphone bandwagon since its all the rage all of them having iphones (2g's most of them). i couldn't even brag and rub it in their faces (like they did when i was rockin my voyager) about how better my phone was and it could have been. i mean i would do a battery pull before i saw them just so my storm would actually work for 5 minutes and gloat in their faces about my ability to copy and paste foward texts etc. then they got the pretty *** 3.0 update and all that went downhill. and i swear i think my storm was cursed because it seemed whenever some1 wanted to see my phone it would lock up when they touched it. strike 5.

ok! phew! that was all before i found out about this wonderfull site and that i was actually running on .76 (what a n00b). so i see this thread about .230 and every1's like "oh it's the best sh*t evar run for you lifes kill babbies for .230!" and im like whatever i though you guys were just bb fanboy's in denial.
    but i then thought it wouldn't hurt to load .230 right?.......

RIGHT! DAMN RIGHT! omg after i loaded this OS MY STORM CHANGED I SWEAR! it was taken over by some deamon (a good one). the first boot took like 10 minutes, but after wow!

Calling:
    i could answer a call. Nuff said.

Texting:
    not one ounce of keyboard lag. the threaded sms is smooth and slick and very nice.

Internet:
    well this didn't improve with the internal browser but let me tell you, INSTALL OPERA MINI 5 BETA. WOW OMG. i ran test vs the internal browser. it took rim's browser about 15 seconds to load newyorktimes.com mobile version on 2 bars. it took opera 9 seconds to load the full site w/ pics and everything. on 2 bars. i kid you not.

Hardware:
    well, this has nothing to do with .230, but i mean my screen was now unlocking using the unlock button, and using the torx screw my screen is
    clicking like CRAZY I LOVE IT!

Bragging:
    yea so i was able to brag to my iphone friends about my internet whopping their gay *** safari browser. using the same full newyorktimes.com test, i was able to reload my page 3 TIMES before they could on 3g even though they "so called" had 5 bars

so what am i trying to say? well ppl with the storm that think just like i did at the beginning, the answers for the storm (which i found out is a really good phone) are out there, but you gotta go look for them. My storm is like a new phone. i haven't did a batt pull since i installed .230. i haven't seen the clock-like square waiting timer since i booted the phone that night.

i can finally say guys.....I <3 my STORM!
    09-21-09 02:18 PM
    YAY! Glad that you got your issues worked out, did your reasearch and had the patience to get it done right! Not like some others on these forums who cry 2 min after turning it on. Props to yah man!
    09-21-09 03:20 PM
    cool story bro!
    09-21-09 03:23 PM
    Hahaha!

"Kill babies for .230"! You, sir, just made my day.
    09-21-09 03:25 PM
    Hahaha!

+2 @ "kill babbies". I even love the misspell intentional or otherwise...
    09-21-09 03:37 PM
    you put a smile on my face,nuff said!
    09-21-09 03:51 PM
    Anyone have a list of apps that do not work on 5.0 OS?
    09-21-09 04:06 PM
    There's a thread somewhere in the Storm OS section that deals with this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/
    09-21-09 04:11 PM
    Look for the Application Compatibilty thread in the OS subforums.
    09-21-09 04:21 PM
    Another thread that makes me want to go to 230 mmmm...167 is so nice tho...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 04:27 PM
    Can you say "threadjack" lol!
    09-21-09 04:33 PM

if you can live without facebook..myspace..bbm 5.0... .230 is the way to go..i have not had ONE freeze/battery pull every since installing it..its so much faster and smoother..
    09-21-09 04:38 PM

Yea, me too. The only thing that was holding me back was FB, and since it aint working worth a damn right now anyway, im jumping.....
    09-21-09 04:57 PM
    Hey guys! Glad you love my storm story! Its now been 24 hours without 1 battery pull. this storm rulez. OH! and a fuzzy naval to who can guess what my username means!
    09-21-09 05:17 PM
    Excellent bro! I loved my Storm even with .148 on it, a lil more with .151 and now .230 is night and day.

Thanks for sharing.
    09-21-09 05:28 PM
    Hey guys! Glad you love my storm story! Its now been 24 hours without 1 battery pull. this storm rulez. OH! and a fuzzy naval to who can guess what my username means!
    ooh ooh, let me guess.

Milk Pan?

09-21-09 06:07 PM
    I love my storm after 167 for me all my problems went away it like my phone was swap for something that works as for kicking my friend iphone *** yes I used opera I loaded up 100% and my friend was still at 50% lol iphone meet my storm 167 hehe

09-21-09 06:46 PM
    What is opera mini? Is it a web browser? Where do I need to go to get it and is it free?
    09-21-09 07:32 PM
    What is opera mini? Is it a web browser? Where do I need to go to get it and is it free?
    Yes, Opera Mini | The most popular mobile phone browser in the world & Yes

It is nice and fast, I just don't like how it kinda takes over the phone.
    Last edited by joscon; 09-21-09 at 08:27 PM.
    09-21-09 08:24 PM
    milk with bread??? silly
    09-21-09 08:32 PM
    Your a funny azz person for real. Nice story this should be stickied for the rants and raves forum.

This is the ultimate troll gone good storm finslization thread. What we've all been trying to tell some of these dumb a*se*.
    09-21-09 11:07 PM
    I just bought the storm 2 days ago and I have the exact same problems! Where in the world to I get this .230 update?!
    09-22-09 02:28 PM
    wow i might have went to verizon and made them eat my bb, if i had those issues.
    09-22-09 02:32 PM
    Cool story bro. Haha... Kill babbies 4 .230 4 EvEr ! Stay golden pony boy.

10-01-09 03:04 AM
    Hahaha!

lol wow... i love these forums
    10-01-09 06:10 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD