What the flip does this mean? I did a battery pull and when it restarts it says RELOAD SOFTWARE and stays on that screen. WTF???
    03-25-09 08:41 AM
    So reload the software. It means just what it says.
    03-25-09 08:43 AM
    It means to reload your software. The OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 08:44 AM
    What the flip does this mean? I did a battery pull and when it restarts it says RELOAD SOFTWARE and stays on that screen. WTF???
    You hosed your OS, you need to do what it says, follow the instructions from THIS page! Hopefully you made backups before you started as per instructions.
    03-25-09 08:45 AM
    One has to wonder how much simpler a warning message could get.
    03-25-09 08:49 AM
    Yeah like this one...

WARNING: JRSCCivic98 is a flaming ******!
    03-25-09 08:52 AM
    Or you could have just used your avatar as a response.
    however, sometimes when faced with an unexpected response people panic and don't take the time to think it through. What better place to get a prompt response than on CB.
    03-25-09 08:54 AM
    Yeah like this one...

Just follow the link I provided, and leave poor Civic alone, she's just being herself.
    03-25-09 08:59 AM
    In defense of Civic (Like she needs it) your thread is titled my storm says RELOAD SOFTWARE then you ask "What the flip does this mean?" do you think it meant anything different?
    03-25-09 09:01 AM
    Geez...don't you people have jobs?
    03-25-09 09:04 AM
    Just follow the link I provided, and leave poor Civic alone, she's just being herself.
    I didn't intend or mean to give Civic any grief. Her posts always carry meaning with me and I value her expertise and input. The OP kind of left him or herself open to some flame.
    03-25-09 09:09 AM
    Geez...don't you people have jobs?
    I'm at work as we speak!

I didn't intend or mean to give Civic any grief. Her posts always carry meaning with me and I value her expertise and input. The OP kind of left him or herself open to some flame.
    Amen to that, Civic is da man (or da woman) as the case may be. Probably one of THE most knowledgeable people about BBs on the Forum.
    03-25-09 09:55 AM
    So what were you doing for it to say reload software? Were you upgrading your OS and missed a step? Doing a wipe? Shouldn't just say that if u just pulled the battery after a lock up.. lol
    Last edited by TeH PLAYA; 03-25-09 at 11:25 AM.
    03-25-09 11:19 AM
    I never agree with flaming but i must agree and it is very funny
    03-25-09 11:29 AM
    Civic is a woman? I will no longer be able to read her posts as if they were the low, grumbled, smart *** words of Dr. House. Thanks for ruining the illusion.
    03-25-09 11:39 AM
    Yeah like this one...

Take it easy. You're the one who asked a question a 5 year old could figure out.
    03-25-09 11:43 AM
    Well the reason I posted this in the first place is because I have already tried putting the software back on it, but my desktop manager won't register a pin. It just says NONE. I called VZW and their tech guy told me to uninstall the DM and reinstall it and it is still not working. Any ideas?
    03-25-09 05:36 PM
    No worries the VZW tech is a tool. When this happens I find if unplug the usb cable and plug it back in it helps. But more importantly use apploader.exe not DM it can be found in c:\program files\common files\ research in motion\apploader\apploader.exe

Start it up without the usb cable in the pc hit next and next again when it shows the com port then plug the usb in and when you see usb:YOUR PIN HERE hit next
    03-25-09 05:43 PM
    Well the reason I posted this in the first place is because I have already tried putting the software back on it, but my desktop manager won't register a pin. It just says NONE. I called VZW and their tech guy told me to uninstall the DM and reinstall it and it is still not working. Any ideas?
    stop using DM to load your software. use apploader. its found on your pc in folder c/program files/common files/research in motion/ apploader. click the icon and follow along. make sure you disconnect from the internet first. once in apploader look carefully what your checking off to put on your phone.after that install and everything should be ok.

aside from that theres no need for name calling and such,just ignore what you dont like to read and move on.less people will be willing to help you if you come across as being foul.hope the info helps. enjoy
    03-25-09 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD