This is the first Blackberry product that I have ever purchased, I was initially all set to buy the Iphone when someone told me to look at the Storm.

Firstly I am glad that I decided to wait for the Storm because is simply an awesome phone.

In terms of looks it excellent, it is not as bulky as it looks in pictures and has been very well designed, it is sleek and has that WOW factor. My wife saw and she is someone who isn't usually impressed by the technology and she said that looks really nice. All the buttons etc are for me in the right position and therefore there are no glaring design faults.

Onto the important stuff off how the phone works. I was worried at first as the initial set up was a bit slow and buttons seemed unresponsive, but was relieved to see that once the phone had been setup it is very responsive, I switch between tasks and is almost instant. Also camera function is very smooth and picture quality is good. The screen is the best that I have seen on handheld device, watching videos on it is superb. The clicking is not that audiable (which is good) and works remarkably well. I think that the clickable screen is something that will set this apart from competitors because it is unique and more importantly it works really well.

I am very impressed with the Blackberry operating system, like I said it is the first time that I have used a Blackberry device and really like the OS.

So there you have it, I am impressed, I think it is the best phone on the market (of it's kind) and for me at least it offers more than the Iphone. I think that it is going to be huge as people will buy it once they see it in action. Everything about it sleek and more importantly works really well from the design, to the screen quality, to the clicking screen to the operating system this phone does all of them things really well.

If someone hasn't posted proper video by tomorrow I will do, going to my dad and will be able to record some high definition footage on his camera.
    Last edited by kamy100; 11-14-08 at 10:36 AM.
    11-14-08 10:31 AM
    Thanks for your input.

You should continue to update us on what you like/dislike the more you use it.
    11-14-08 10:33 AM
    How intuitive is the media player? I'm wondering how well this will serve as a replacement to my iPod which is borderline dead.

Can you browse the internet while listening to music, and can you run multiple apps at the same time?
    11-14-08 10:40 AM
    Thanks for the review! Keep us updated...
    11-14-08 10:46 AM
    Thanks for taking the time to post. I'm anxious for vids and pics!
    11-14-08 10:47 AM
    What is the headset like?
    ::Plays Devil's Advocate::

Have you used an iPhone for more than a day?

How would you know if the Storm is any better than the iPhone with only Five Minutes of Playtime at the Apple Store?

The Touchscreen on the iPhone is amazing.

I'm sure the Storm will have a great touchscreen as well- but to be honest I'm a bit nervous.

VZW has an exhaustive lineup of subpar touchscreen devices, I hope this one doesn't make that list.

Another thing, You can't be to sure that it's better than any other Blackberry if you have never used a Blackberry.

"The Blind Man Who Can See Once Again, Will Think The First Thing He See's As a Work of Art. Regardless of the Image."

::Ends Devilish Advocacy LoL::

Glad for the input though- I'm a bit anxious to try it out.

If it's all its been chocked up to be, I'll gladly jump ship to VZW.

I'd Rather Have a Blackberry than an iPhone any day.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 11-14-08 at 10:57 AM.
    Thanks for the review
    11-14-08 10:52 AM
    thanks for the review....
    11-14-08 10:54 AM
    Thanks so much for the review!
    11-14-08 10:57 AM
    Please keep us updated. Looking forward to hearing more in this final stretch of a week that we're having to wait here.....
    11-14-08 11:06 AM
    I agree with the op but would be interested to know if there is a long delay with the camera when taking a shot on anyone else? There is on mine but the guy in the store did say it would not operate correctly until the sim had been fully activate on tuesday (due to me porting number from o2). Hopefully this will fix the lack of 3g so far, they gave me a pay as u go sim so I could play about with it but cannot get a very good signal at the moment, live quite close to london and never had a signal problem with any other provider, will see how it goes on tuesday.

The click is mechanical but barely audible (in my opinion)
    11-14-08 11:08 AM
    very nice review,thanx...
    11-14-08 11:09 AM
    i seen someone else said voda shipped with .65
    11-14-08 11:09 AM
    What version OS did the Voda unit finally ship with?? Options>About
    .65 I do believe. This was a pic taken from one of the reviews today.

11-14-08 11:13 AM
    Nice review. Looking forward to the video
    11-14-08 11:14 AM
    i got .65 too
    11-14-08 11:17 AM
    Then to that blind man what he now sees is art. Art is in the eye of the beholder.
    11-14-08 11:42 AM
    Art is in the eye of the Storm holder!
    11-14-08 11:43 AM
    hmmm so if they have .65 we must have .67 atleast maby .68 or higher ?
    11-14-08 11:46 AM
    Great review! Thanks!
    11-14-08 11:54 AM
    Thanks a bunch
    11-14-08 11:58 AM
    Thanks and looking forward to more updates.
    11-14-08 12:00 PM
    Outstanding, thank you. I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on one.
    11-14-08 12:05 PM
    .65 is the same version that was on the Storms in MPLS on wednesday.

Lets hope for the 2 SW updates that I was told would be on the VZW Storms next week!
    11-14-08 12:41 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD