Alright, I have had the leaked .83 for ~3 weeks. It has been working pretty well (had slight issues w/ locking & unlocking), but over the past two or so days it has been spiraling downhill to the point where it is unusuable, PERIOD. It was like part of the screen was "desensitized" and it would not highlight the button my finger was over, and if I clicked the screen it may or may not open whatever other button was highlighted. This makes it worthless to try to dial numbers. On top of that, if I tried to scroll it would continuously scroll up and down for as long as it felt like. (It just started scrolling itself again and I haven't even touched it, kinda creepy.)

My battery pulls consisted of two pulls. The first one would take me to the media card inserted stage and then freeze up on me (but the lock & unlock worked anyway). The second one used to be the charm until I began running into the problems I mentioned in the first paragraph.

So this morning, I spent two hours trying to get it to downgrade to the official .75 version, and it was loading as I left for class. I just came back and found it to be having the exact same problems. I made sure it was running the .75 OS, and it is. I have not installed any 3rd party apps, and I double checked through Desktop Manager that I wasn't missing anything. By the way, I ended up doing a complete wipe with JL_CMDER and then loaded the OS on there.

Can anyone point me in the right direction other than *661 (or *611, cant remember which...). I just got into my dorm yesterday, and I have no other means of keeping in touch with anyone and my roommie does not have a cell phone either, so waiting a week or two for a phone to come is very impractical and a last resort.

Please help, my phone is driving me insane -- I've grown so attached to it. It's like a piece of me is missing... lol.
    01-06-09 02:22 PM
    Find the nearest Store and exchange it!
    01-06-09 02:25 PM
    Oh, they let us do that? I tried doing that when I called in (this is my 2nd storm), and my rep was going to try to do that, but his supervisor said that all storm exchanges were to be done through phone and not stores. I'll give them a call. Hopefully your right and my guy was wrong!
    01-06-09 02:28 PM
    Oh wait... I can't call them... sigh...
    01-06-09 02:29 PM
    Upgrade to .85.
    01-06-09 02:29 PM
    Find the nearest Store and exchange it!
    Yes, I would do this as well and would also avoid messing around with it in the future.

Also, vzw will over night fed ex if you ask nicely otherwise it will take just 2 days, not a week, to reach you.
    01-06-09 02:30 PM
    when you did the full wipe and re-install, did thing improve?
    01-06-09 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD