Ok, this started here, with austinarita99's final post all the way at the bottom of the page:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ve...47/index8.html

And from there, birthed my Storm OS/Flu Shot Analogy. lol. Thanks for the inspiration austinarita99. lol. This actually makes sense!

OS .75 is a flu shot.
    The leaked OS's are flu shots as well.

Verizon and all of the other carriers exist as different countries in the world. I live in the country called Verizon (and so do you) and they've approved OS .75 as the flu shot suitable for the needs of this country. We all willingly get the flu shot...some get it at birth since they didn't get their Storms until after flu shot .75 was approved. You with me???

Some ppl (even with flu shot .75) in Verizon's country have gotten the full blown flu and have decided that .75 doesnt work for them and their immune system, so their gonna take a chance on the unofficial (leaked) flu shots that have failed Verizon's testing, but passed testing in othe countries. Some only have a few flu like symptoms, but just for the sake of it, choose to take the unofficial flu shot as well. Some didnt even give flu shot .75 a try to see if it worked well with their bodies or not, they just followed the crowd and jumped straight to the unofficial flu shots, when flu shot .75 could very well be the winner for them and their immune system.

To the ppl who have gotten the full blown flu, THEY CANNOT BELIEVE that people like me still trust our bodies with flu shot .75. They just refuse to accept it. We're VERY happy and healthy. No flu like symptoms or anything life threatening (Storm threatening); I guess we were just born with a MUCH STRONGER immune system; which has lately been understood as normal. You all have since moved on and your bodies are taking well to the unofficial flu shot. You think we should join you, but we're very happy and healthy where we are.

We're all living, enjoying life (our Storms), yet look forward to our country (Verizon) releasing a new official flu shot that will cure all and reach (impossible) perfection so that we can become one big happy family again!
    05-17-09 01:28 PM
    Dude, you are psycho...just leave it alone.

You're too scared to improve your phone...oh well...
    05-17-09 01:35 PM
    ...kinda scary....

.......just sayin' ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 01:43 PM

How does "scared" come into play? Does that make you "brave" since you are using a leak?
    05-17-09 01:47 PM
    FLU stands for Fundamental Lack of Understanding. CB is the flu shot.
    05-17-09 01:55 PM
    Puff Puff pass buddy! wow
    05-17-09 02:01 PM
    Kind of weird, taking something that I said into a completely new thread.

Stop this obsession with converting everybody into .75 users.

05-17-09 02:02 PM
    Puff Puff pass buddy! wow
    Nah... save the "puff puff pass" for this guy: dvd digital copy ?.
    05-17-09 02:05 PM
    yall are right and im wrong. my apologies.
    05-17-09 02:49 PM
    i'm reporting all of the "flame posts" in this thread, purely because i have nothing to contribute to the topic of discussion, and i feel left out and need to vindicate my existence on these boards.

BANHAMMER!!!
    05-17-09 03:04 PM

Ya know, I have this thing about myself where I just REALLY want ppl to understand exactly what I mean, hoping that maybe they'll say "ohhhhhhhh, gotcha. I understand your point."

For that reason, I tend to go into strong detail when explaining things. Ask anyone who's gotten crackberry advice from me on here, I give them numbered steps on everything! Just to make sure they fully understand and are not left with any confusion whatsoever.

I guess I assumed that ppl would understand why some ppl still have .75 by reading this detailed analogy. Maybe some read it and understood, maybe some read it with anamosity towards me before hand and didnt give themselves a chance to understand it. Whatever the case may be...my point lies in that analogy. Take of it what you will.
    05-17-09 03:06 PM
    Maybe we're putting too much weight on WHY people do or don't want the OS builds? In the end, who cares either way? Granted, for the sake of helping resolve issues, if they just had one standard 5.0 build that ALL carriers used, and they were all exactly the same, then we could tell any user on these boards the steps to resend service books or change key rate settings, etc...But the fact of the matter is that the OS build situation is going to be a huge point of differentiating opinions. No matter how you package it, or try to explain it. There will never be a resolution or common ground to communicate with "the other people".

So, to each their own.
    05-17-09 03:10 PM
    But here's the thing, Shaydakiss... and please take this as constructive, ok?

I am still on .75, just like you, and I DON'T CARE if people understand why or not. Who cares what anyone else thinks about what OS you are using? If you're happy with it, then just be happy with it and let everyone else do what they gotta do... know what I mean? It certainly isn't worth all of the head-butting that has gone on for the past 2 or 3 days over it. Really. WASTED ENERGY... and negative energy at that. Find something else to do with your time, other than worrying about whether everyone else understands your reasoning for staying with .75. As you said, you give great detailed posts when you are helping others with their issues... stick to that.

EDIT: Patches-- great minds think alike.
    05-17-09 03:11 PM

I am still on .75, just like you, and I DON'T CARE if people understand why or not. Who cares what anyone else thinks about what OS you are using? If you're happy with it, then just be happy with it and let everyone else do what they gotta do... know what I mean? It certainly isn't worth all of the head-butting that has gone on for the past 2 or 3 days over it. Really. WASTED ENERGY... and negative energy at that. Find something else to do with your time, other than worrying about whether everyone else understands your reasoning for staying with .75. As you said, you give great detailed posts when you are helping others with their issues... stick to that.

copycat....
    05-17-09 03:12 PM
    copycat....
    You just started typing sooner...
    05-17-09 03:14 PM

Yea, its just a thing I have when I feel like ppl dont understand me, I try really hard to help them understand, hoping that if I explain it right, maybe they will. You can look in any thread i've posted in and see that i've never pleaded with anyone to agree with me. I understand that there are differences of opinion, thats why I even posted a thread about the different OS's. My only motive was for people to understand where I'm coming from on my stance, even if we do disagree.

I have nothing against ppl with leaked OS's and you can see that from my explanation in the analogy. For some reason, ppl just seem to pounce on me and fail to understand that .75 works great on some ppl's phones. I understand why some ppl have leaked OS's, why can't ppl just understand and accept why I dont? Its frustrating, and I agree, a waste of energy.
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 05-17-09 at 03:38 PM.
    05-17-09 03:27 PM
    I'll give ya a better analogy....

Its almost like...let's whip out our 'Storms' and see who's got the highest OS...

I'd still be runnin .75 if it was the best for me.

05-17-09 04:16 PM
    I'll give ya a better analogy....

Its almost like...let's whip out our 'Storms' and see who's got the highest OS...

I'd still be runnin .75 if it was the best for me.

haha. yea, thats almost what it seems like. I totally agree. Great analogy.
    05-17-09 04:20 PM
    You just started typing sooner...
    i started typing sooner because i'm original
    05-17-09 04:25 PM
    i started typing sooner because i'm original
    I think the word is "unique", and you are "original/unique", alright...
    05-17-09 04:48 PM
    i r speshial?
    05-17-09 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD