Since I got my Storm the day it came out, I have been happy. Everything was going good with no problems. Saturday morning I wake up to turn off my alarm on my storm. I start pressing Dismiss but nothing happens. Since I'm half awake, I didn't notice that it took me almost 20secs to get the button to respond. Minor bug I thought. I'll live...

Sunday rolls along. Problem gets worse. Throughout the day, I try typing but I'm noticing that it wasn't detecting my fingers almost half the time. I start to get concerned. All Sunday, I'm spending almost double the time typing than I did before because the screen wasnt detecting my fingers. This last the entire day.

Then I get a case of the Mondays. I wake up to dismiss my alarm and I cant. The touchscreen isnt responding AT ALL. I couldn't even unlock my dam phone. The screen would light up and prompt for the password but wouldnt respond to any touch. So basically today my phone was good for telling me what time it was, how many messages I had which I couldn't check, and how many missed calls I had. Had to go about finding other phones to call people back. Only twice during the day was I able to use it for about 2 minutes before the screen became completely unresponsive again. So after going to VZ, they have another one on the way. Tracking says I should get it by Wednesday. This afternoon, I was seriously ready to break the thing in half because the screen wouldnt work. Had it in my hands with my hands starting to tighten but managed to relax before I went overboard.

Anyone else having issues this serious with their screens? Not just corners but the entire screen not responding to any touch? Or was I just unlucky to get a dud?
    Last edited by skyys; 12-02-08 at 03:55 AM.
    12-02-08 03:50 AM
    did you have a protector over the top of the screen... I heard that some people were having issues with it sensing through come protectors...
    12-02-08 03:52 AM
    that sucks dude sorry to hear that . i had that issue and they sent a replacement out to me , sadly the same thing is wrong with this one .. call me picky but **** i need my storm to click lol
    12-02-08 03:53 AM
    did you have a protector over the top of the screen... I heard that some people were having issues with it sensing through come protectors...
    Yea I did. But even after I removed it so that the screen was bare, same dilemma.
    12-02-08 04:01 AM
    Yea I did. But even after I removed it so that the screen was bare, same dilemma.
    Did you try a battery pull at least?
    12-02-08 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD