I need some help with my Verizon storm.. The phone will just turn off and reset without warning..I have called tech support with RIM and Verizon and they have no idea whats wrong. The other problem is that my local Verizon store is sold out so I cant exchange it...Does anyone know whats going on here...thanks
    12-01-08 12:32 PM
    from what i can gather, it is a software issue. Mine resets too once or twice a day. Update will be out in the next week or two
    12-01-08 01:05 PM
    Same problem here with the random restarts. Even tried the leaked update and it still continues. Called VZW and was told "that isn't normal". They are sending me another but not until after 12/15.
    12-01-08 01:07 PM
    thanks guys i appreciate it
    12-01-08 01:21 PM
    Same here. Restarts at least once a day or mere sometimes. This continued yesterday even after the new OS update. VZW is sending a new one tomorrow..supposedly!
    12-01-08 01:54 PM
    I agree. I have the same problem here, even after moving to the leaked update... It appears to only happen when the screen is blank/locked. (ie, locked and laying on the desk or locked and in the holster)... When I pick it up and press a button, or pull it out of the holster and press a button, to turn the screen on, it does nothing and then shortly after that I see the LED light up and it starts booting... PITA.
    12-01-08 02:02 PM
    mine does that every now and then on .65 but its mainly whenever i pull it out of the holster. i started putting it in upside down so that the soft keys aren't getting pressed by the case and it seems to be working so far.
    12-01-08 03:10 PM
    I agree. I have the same problem here, even after moving to the leaked update... It appears to only happen when the screen is blank/locked. (ie, locked and laying on the desk or locked and in the holster)... When I pick it up and press a button, or pull it out of the holster and press a button, to turn the screen on, it does nothing and then shortly after that I see the LED light up and it starts booting... PITA.
    Exactly when mine restarts as well.
    12-01-08 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD