Well...I have had my Storm since 12/5 and have not had one problem with it since I got it. One thing I thought could have been better was the whole "screen click" scenario. Mine wasn't bad but I felt it could have been better. I decided to do the business card behind the battery trick and OMG did my screen click sooooo much better. Now I had no complaints.

Well yesterday out of the blue...I went to return a text I received....and baaaabam!!! The blackberry button doesn't work to send...next the end button (red phone button) doesn't work either. When listening to my voice mail...I can't stop unless I do a battery pull...I can no longer hang up on my girlfriend mid-call when needed. All of which makes me sick to my stomach bc all I do it text/email and ocassionally hang up on my girlfriend (j/k)...I have a 450 minute plan...lol

I bring it to the store and they had no idea what was wrong...and the 1st thing they asked me was "did you install the .83 leak?" This made me laugh but I played dumb and said "what leak?". Then I asked them how a software leak would break two buttons? They responded with "well we saw you had the business card behind the battery door and figured you were one of the those CrackBerriers". Lord....

A "CrackBerrier" lololol. Anyway...they put me on the phone (one of their phones behind the desk) with a guy who was searching the US for any spare storms. I was on their phone for no less than 15 minutes when finally he came back and said he found one...and asked if I want just the phone or do I need the whole package box and all. I told him phone only. He then said..."rest assured...this is not a refurb...there are NO REFURBS of this phone yet". Not sure why he jumped on that...I never said anything about it.

Regardless...he said it would go out Monday FedEx and I would have it Tuesday. Already got a tracking number Sunday morning...with incorrect address info of course...I pray it comes to me by the 23rd!

That's my story...
    Last edited by RedBank; 12-21-08 at 05:39 PM.
    12-21-08 04:59 PM
    Did you have .83 on?
    Crackberrier??
    That's just bizarre sounding.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-08 05:07 PM
    No .83...planned on it but still have .75...not sure why they would even elude to the .83 OS.
    12-21-08 05:09 PM
    when i had to use the paper card trick, i took it out before bringing it in.
    12-21-08 05:12 PM
    They probably read these forums and will realize it was you who they talked to today
    12-21-08 05:21 PM
    @ghosthound - yes...I meant to do that too. Def. my bad. But they did put it back in themselves

@Mudvayne - I would not doubt it one bit
    12-21-08 05:41 PM
    when he jumped on assuring you that i wasnt a refurb may have been due to the fact that SO many people on here have gone off about getting refurbs sent to them and sent them back or called verizon demanding a brand new phone. so if he read anywhere on this forum he would have seen that
    12-21-08 06:19 PM
    I would have taken the whole packaging box. Just to be safe!

12-21-08 06:43 PM
    Well...I have had my Storm since 12/5 and have not had one problem with it since I got it. One thing I thought could have been better was the whole "screen click" scenario. Mine wasn't bad but I felt it could have been better. I decided to do the business card behind the battery trick and OMG did my screen click sooooo much better. Now I had no complaints.

Well yesterday out of the blue...I went to return a text I received....and baaaabam!!! The blackberry button doesn't work to send...next the end button (red phone button) doesn't work either. When listening to my voice mail...I can't stop unless I do a battery pull...I can no longer hang up on my girlfriend mid-call when needed. All of which makes me sick to my stomach bc all I do it text/email and ocassionally hang up on my girlfriend (j/k)...I have a 450 minute plan...lol

I bring it to the store and they had no idea what was wrong...and the 1st thing they asked me was "did you install the .83 leak?" This made me laugh but I played dumb and said "what leak?". Then I asked them how a software leak would break two buttons? They responded with "well we saw you had the business card behind the battery door and figured you were one of the those CrackBerriers". Lord....

A "CrackBerrier" lololol. Anyway...they put me on the phone (one of their phones behind the desk) with a guy who was searching the US for any spare storms. I was on their phone for no less than 15 minutes when finally he came back and said he found one...and asked if I want just the phone or do I need the whole package box and all. I told him phone only. He then said..."rest assured...this is not a refurb...there are NO REFURBS of this phone yet". Not sure why he jumped on that...I never said anything about it.

Regardless...he said it would go out Monday FedEx and I would have it Tuesday. Already got a tracking number Sunday morning...with incorrect address info of course...I pray it comes to me by the 23rd!

That's my story...
    2 Things I wont do. 1 - Business card behind battery and 2- .83 leak. Thanks for another reason to not attempt these things.
    12-21-08 07:14 PM
    2 Things I wont do. 1 - Business card behind battery and 2- .83 leak. Thanks for another reason to not attempt these things.
    Paranoid much?

Good lord.
    12-21-08 07:23 PM
    just curious, why would you not do the .83 leak? to each his own, but you do know that it is the exact same as the official that will be releasing... leak doesn't mean beta, simply pre-released official version that should not have been released at that date.
    12-21-08 09:54 PM
    Did you have .83 on?
    Crackberrier??
    That's just bizarre sounding.

I agree. That's too funny though. Crackberrier. LMAO.
    12-21-08 09:56 PM
    I dont know. For some reason I feel its better to get it as official. Not sure exactly why though. Perinoid I am! Specially when you pay 500 for the phone
    12-21-08 10:01 PM
    Damn .83 caused my battery to fall out. Guess thats what us "cracberriers" get for messin with VZW's stuff
    12-21-08 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD