I was in a meeting for about an hour this morning and had my Storm in a holster and didn't touch it. At the end of my meeting I walk back to my desk and noticed that an email was sent out while I was in my meeting cancelling an upcoming all employee meeting. The email originated from me. I couldn't figure out how that happened as I was not at a computer when the meeting was cancelled and my computer was locked. I looked closer at the email and noticed that it had originated from my Blackberry! Somehow it decided to cancel a meeting all by itself! I literally never took it out of it's holster or even touched it during the first meeting. How...bizarre. Now everyone is giving me grief about what a piece of junk my Storm is!
    02-20-09 01:45 PM
    yep, go get a Bold asap!
    02-20-09 02:12 PM
    uh.. are u sure it wasn't a friendly office prank? haha

i <3 my storm
    02-20-09 02:15 PM
    Uh, so your Storm typed up an email all by itself, selected the recipients, and sent it? Can it cook too?
    02-20-09 02:19 PM
    Can it cook too?
    If it does, I'll trade you.

Speaking of this...if DMG or an app maker is reading, this would be an interesting prank app
    02-20-09 02:23 PM
    Uh, so your Storm typed up an email all by itself, selected the recipients, and sent it? Can it cook too?
    LOL - I am not insane, I swear it!

My calendar has an entry in it titled "All Company Meeting". The header on the email that was sent out said "Cancelled: All Company Meeting" and had no text in the email body. It was sent out to everyone invited to the meeting my (entire company). The meeting itself was not cancelled, just an email was sent out. I had the Storm in a holster on my belt the entire time and the email definitely came from my BlackBerry, not my PC.
    02-20-09 05:05 PM
    Is it possible that when you set the appointment in your calendar, that you set some kind of expiration date? like "cancel app after whatever date" or something along those lines?
    02-20-09 06:27 PM
    It could be a sync issue. Was it in your desktop calendar. If you delete a calendar entry it wants to send out a cancellation email.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 07:25 PM
    LMAO... Good one.
    02-20-09 07:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD