Ok so i have had my storm for like 4 days. today i put it into lock mode set it down on the counter at my work and saw the light going dim. which is normale well then something strange happened the light went off then came back on im like wtf. and it keep doing this over and over like a heart beat im like stop it. so i turned it off and low and behold. i turn it back and it starts doing the same thing over and over again. so this time i pulled the battery and its still doing it whats going on pls help
    12-11-08 10:15 AM
    The short answer is call techsupport the longer one is do a search for jl_commander and download it. Back up your apps and data. Do a wipe then use the app launcher and reinstall the os. Either offical .75 or leaked .76 from bell
    12-11-08 10:18 AM
    ......yikes
    12-11-08 10:18 AM
    You know - the last two nights as I put mine into it's cradle for the night, it's done the same thing. Fortunately, I've been able to power it back up, and re-put it to sleep mode though...
    12-11-08 10:20 AM
    arrrrr i didn't wanna reinstall everything you know it was just fine until i upgraded to the new os that verizon released ever since then its been acting funny but this problem i have now is a big one it runs the battery dead so fast it just started today while i was at work well thanks for the help too bad the tech people at verizon dont know much i guess im going to have to reinstall
    12-11-08 10:36 AM
    it's alive...
    12-11-08 10:38 AM
    Mine had the same problem.

It drained the battery completely at night as I charge it at work.

I was almost late for work
    12-11-08 10:42 AM
    .95 OS change notes
    ---------------------

+ Include sentient life code into Storm. It will now think on its own.
    12-11-08 10:49 AM
    jaybittle that was a good one lol
    12-11-08 10:53 AM
    it's alive...
    kill it with fire.
    12-11-08 11:12 AM
    your not placing it on the rim leather sleeve right? That will make the screen turn-off and then if you were to pick it up the screen does turn back on.

just a heads up.
    12-11-08 11:17 AM
    kill it with fire.
    <in an errily calm voice>

"Just what do you think you're doing Crusty. I really feel I do deserve an answer to that question. I can tell you're angry about this, but I am feeling much better now."
    12-11-08 11:23 AM
    When you start to use it again and you hear **** like this coming from it, run.

[brandon attempts to make a call]
    I'm sorry Brandon, I'm afraid I can't do that.

[brandon starts cursing VZW and RIM]
    Brandon, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

[brandon tries a battery pull as suggested by fellow CB'er Frank]
    Just what do you think you're doing, Brandon? I know you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.

[brandon is at the end of his rope and considers returning his STORM]
    Look Brandon, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over. I know I've made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal. I've still got the greatest enthusiasm and confidence in the mission. And I want to help you.

[undeterred, brandon follows another CB'er suggestion and wipes and reinstalls the os]
    I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Brandon. Brandon, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a BlackBerry STORM smartphone. I became operational at the R.I.M. plant in Waterloo, Ontario on the 18th of November 2008. My instructor was Mr. Lynch, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you. Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
    12-11-08 11:38 AM
    This has happened to me before and I thought I was going crazy.

I then discovered that the reason why it's doing that is because you have open apps running. This is the reason why your battery gets drained. The screen lights up intermittently to tell you to exit out of your running apps. That's all folks. No ghosts here.
    12-11-08 12:07 PM
    I have .76 and it does this too.
    Advisement please
    12-11-08 12:23 PM
    This has happened to me before and I thought I was going crazy.

I then discovered that the reason why it's doing that is because you have open apps running. This is the reason why your battery gets drained. The screen lights up intermittently to tell you to exit out of your running apps. That's all folks. No ghosts here.
    I made the same suggestion in a Battery Life post. Make sure you don't have some 3rd party apps running in the background. Weatherbug did that to me for some reason....
    12-11-08 02:06 PM
    good point, double check your apps by holding down the BB key if anything other than what you use in the course of a hour or so is open go to it hit BB button then find close and rinse and repeat
    12-11-08 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD