So, 11/22 storm. Always kept safe and holstered. Never had a hardware issue until now.. The screen gets stuck down and doesn't rebound. I'm so disappointed. Idk what to do. I have a upgrade next week and I think I may leave it behind
    Btw, I bought this w,o contract so I have no ins etc. Etc. I really would like another but am very worried.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 05:59 PM
    It should be covered under the warranty. That's not normal behavior (1 year warranty) and you should be able to get a new one. Or at least a refurb.
    02-16-09 06:12 PM
    How would I go about this? I didn't purchase from vzw..

02-16-09 06:23 PM
    Hmm, who'd you purchase from?
    02-16-09 06:29 PM
    Good old ebay lol.. It was brand new 300.00 bucks

02-16-09 06:30 PM
    Hi Brian,
    My Storm was purchased launch day. Have had two replacements in the meantime that had hardware issues, so they went back to VZW. Meantime while I was getting that mess sorted out I kept using the original and about two weeks ago it started doing what you're describing. Seemed like the longer I used that screen the less responsive it became (and that was with a torx fix), till it stuck half the time I tried to use it.

VZW sent a Curve sent to me a couple days ago, trying that out now. So far so good but I do miss all the screen real estate. I'll probably give up on the Storm for now, too much phone induced stress. I'm not eligible for an upgrade till next fall, so will use Curve till then. Can't switch carriers due to coverage issue so I'm hoping by next fall the new Curve and Niagara will be at VZW so I can check those out too. (Really like the Bold )
    Last edited by periwinklemoon; 02-16-09 at 06:48 PM.
    02-16-09 06:45 PM
    even though you bought it off ebay shouldn't it still have the 1 year manufacturer warranty?
    02-16-09 06:57 PM
    even though you bought it off ebay shouldn't it still have the 1 year manufacturer warranty?
    Yes it should! I've done this with other vzw phones and they don't ask any questions.

02-16-09 07:00 PM
    Verizon should exchange it?

02-16-09 07:11 PM
    Verizon should exchange it?

They have to. Its a manufacturer warranty not a vzw warranty. Now you may have to deal with that bs temp charge to your acct but it goes away when they receive your old phone.

02-16-09 07:15 PM
    Just a question, kind of on topic: if you send your phone back for a manufacturor defect, do you get a new phone or a refurb?
    02-17-09 04:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD