I had only had my Storm for 5 days, and it died in the middle of a call. It acted like it suddenly didn't have a battery. Battery pulls, hooking up the charger, all where for nought. Replacement on the way, but won't be in until 12/8. Just wondered if anyone else has had an infant mortality with theirs?
    12-01-08 07:20 AM
    well at least it sounds like you'll get 2 storms before some people even get one..
    12-01-08 07:26 AM
    Mine strangely died while on a call with the ear piece and texting. Said memory full and shut down but powered back up as it a battery pull. Seems to be working fine now though
    12-01-08 07:32 AM
    Call VZW and get a replacement sooner. I called for a replacement yesterday and they are shipping it today, for arrival tomorrow. They have them on hand. You may need to push a little to get one out today.
    12-01-08 07:43 AM
    Call VZW and get a replacement sooner. I called for a replacement yesterday and they are shipping it today, for arrival tomorrow. They have them on hand. You may need to push a little to get one out today.
    Good to know, thanks! I'll give them a call.
    12-01-08 07:46 AM
    I had only had my Storm for 5 days, and it died in the middle of a call. It acted like it suddenly didn't have a battery. Battery pulls, hooking up the charger, all where for nought. Replacement on the way, but won't be in until 12/8. Just wondered if anyone else has had an infant mortality with theirs?
    Lucky you....the 8th? I have to wait until 12/15. I had mine the first day and by 7pm it was back in the hands of Verizon and back in my Curve.
    12-01-08 07:59 AM
    Lucky you....the 8th? I have to wait until 12/15. I had mine the first day and by 7pm it was back in the hands of Verizon and back in my Curve.
    Lucky you! I just switched to Verizon, and I couldn't go back to my Curve (which was on T-Maybe). I'm on an LG Chocolate until my new Storm comes in .
    12-01-08 08:21 AM
    May your Storm RIP sorry to hear the news. Others are not so lucky tho cuz they haven't even received their Storm yet!!SO NO crying over your Storm!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 09:13 AM
    Sorry to hear about your dead Storm!

I thought mine was dead yesterday also.. I charged it over night on Sat night and when I woke up yesterday, it was stuck in a reboot loop.

I took it to the verizon store as it was right on my way to work, and they could do nothing for me but get a replacement. I was told I'd get my replacement this wednesday, 12/3. Not too bad, so they activated my old phone for me.

I got to work and started looking at the crackberry forums and with a little help figured out that I could reload my OS.. I was able to not only get it back to normal, but I updated the OS at the same time!

lol.. I had to stop at the Verizon store again on the way home and have the phone activated again. They were amazed that I was able to get the phone working again.. it seems that they have NO clue about updating the OS.

I still have my replacement coming on Wed.. good because I"m not happy with the clicking at the edge of the screen anyway.

I suggest calling and complaining if the reps are wanting you to wait that long for a new one. The gal I was dealing with said that if you already owned one, you would have priority over new orders.

Good luck!

Jamie
    12-01-08 09:23 AM
    ^Thats pure BS!! IF Verizon is not going to treat all customers the same I will sue them for a couple million dollars cuz that's discrimination!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-08 09:34 AM
    Lucky you! I just switched to Verizon, and I couldn't go back to my Curve (which was on T-Maybe). I'm on an LG Chocolate until my new Storm comes in .
    that's so funny. i'm on an LG chocolate right now too... my storm is supposed to be here today. i'm waiting patiently...
    12-01-08 09:39 AM
    Mine has died twice but thankfully a battery pull has worked both times.
    12-01-08 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD