05-16-09 05:41 AM
69 123
tools
    YOU AREN'T KIDDING! They said Monterey... and i'm like HECK YEAH!!! But then my husband called from basic and was like no honey... ft irwin... WHICH IS THE FREAKIN MOJAVE DESERT!!! lol... this storm won't have anything on the desert when it comes to my poor little irish skin! =[ but it helps that i am half native american, which means, even though i do get red... it quickly turns into tan.. but then my irish side kicks it and it all wears off again!! OH poo!

WOW I bet you are an amazing drunk
    04-28-09 02:47 AM
    actually i never cup the battery b/c it does get slightly warm... and it sat there for a second or two before i moved it... i understand a stove eye will 3rd degree burn you after that (happened to my other sister) but if you were to touch say something that just came out of the oven then there probably wouldn't be a mark after 12 hours... but red and uncomfortable at first! which is what it was... and still uncomfortable.. which it is... and btw... thank you for your 2 cents.. its much appreciated... i'm glad i gave you a soapbox for a bit =]

I LOVE MY CRACKBERRIANS... YOU GUYS ROCK!
    Haha, glad I could entertain you.

My point was that you were, and perhaps still are, a bit uncomfortable, but you are not injured. The phone would reach the maximum temp it was going to reach in 45 minutes, which is why I say its not as much of a safety issue...the phone is highly unlikely to burst into flames. That being said, VZW is sending you a new battery, its always possible the old one malfunctioned and was sending too much juice causing excessive heat build up.

I second what someone else on here said, get a headset of some kind...bluetooth is great, but the wired headset that came with your storm would work fine too...that way you don't have to worry about hitting the mute button, and you don't have to hold your hand up to your face for that long.

The heat issue was hopefully a one time thing, but if the phone got that hot, you might want to start nitpicking it...see if you can find enough wrong with it to get a replacement, that way no worries about any heat damage, you have a new phone and a new battery.

I wasn't trying to accuse you of causing the problem in my first post...just that alot of people don't realize the storm's battery cover is also used to dissipate heat. I also can't stand people who fake injuries for lawsuits, so good on you for not trying that route, you'd likely lose anyways in this case.
    04-28-09 02:47 AM
    Hmmm me thinks you need a bluetooth headset. I mean after all I would find it hard to stick a phone to my ear for 45mins my arm would get tired, lol.
    My arm gets tired after about a minute...lol! Been using hands free for a LONG time!
    04-28-09 02:53 AM
    Haha, glad I could entertain you.

My point was that you were, and perhaps still are, a bit uncomfortable, but you are not injured. The phone would reach the maximum temp it was going to reach in 45 minutes, which is why I say its not as much of a safety issue...the phone is highly unlikely to burst into flames. That being said, VZW is sending you a new battery, its always possible the old one malfunctioned and was sending too much juice causing excessive heat build up.

I second what someone else on here said, get a headset of some kind...bluetooth is great, but the wired headset that came with your storm would work fine too...that way you don't have to worry about hitting the mute button, and you don't have to hold your hand up to your face for that long.

The heat issue was hopefully a one time thing, but if the phone got that hot, you might want to start nitpicking it...see if you can find enough wrong with it to get a replacement, that way no worries about any heat damage, you have a new phone and a new battery.

I wasn't trying to accuse you of causing the problem in my first post...just that alot of people don't realize the storm's battery cover is also used to dissipate heat. I also can't stand people who fake injuries for lawsuits, so good on you for not trying that route, you'd likely lose anyways in this case.
    Oh, come on, we're all friends here, of course i didn't think you were trying to accuse me of causing it! =] and you're right.. i lose everything I could never win a lawsuit! I would even ask for a new phone now if I wasn't too lazy to put all my apps back on.. i did catch a free copy of beefart... and that's just too priceless to lose over a silly face!... i can get a new one of those in cali!

And bluetooth sounds nice.. but I have 3 of them that still function(2 motorola and 1 plantronics) and i know I need to actually use one of them... but man they get on my nerves! and i'll have to learn to b/c its an arrestable offense on an army base... i think i'll employ speaker phone! I really hate bluetooth..but the plantronics work the best... but that apple one sure looks cool!!
    04-28-09 02:56 AM
    FAIL!

lol I had to.. its actually my favorite post!
    Hey, it's hard enough typing on this thing goIng down the road.... Add in the Chicago factor, And it just multiplies!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 02:58 AM
    WOW I bet you are an amazing drunk
    I actually don't drink... I was a raging alcoholic for 2 weeks last year.. but one night with my head in a toilet... umm... check please!

If i'm going to have to accustom myself to a drink that tastes nasty... i'll start drinking diet coke! hehe

and yes i said 2 WEEKS... that amaretto sour is a sneaky one.. but like i said...(and to quote office space) its just a lack of motivation!
    04-28-09 02:59 AM
    Hey, it's hard enough typing on this thing goIng down the road.... Add in the Chicago factor, And it just multiplies!

I'm beginning to think its not you! Its a serious SERIOUS lag in the forum from the wap! And whoa... driving down the road... you're first post... was in concern over my face.... (technically you only mention the cat) but it was my face the drew you in! Kudos for me... and my apologies to the people's lanes you most likely moved into.. causing them to sparadically shout out obscenities.

THANKS =]
    04-28-09 03:02 AM

hahaha, wow, driving while storm typing is just asking for higher insurance rates. In most jurisdictions it also gets you a ticket, or apparently a jail sentence on an army base.
    04-28-09 03:03 AM
    hahaha, wow, driving while storm typing is just asking for higher insurance rates. In most jurisdictions it also gets you a ticket, or apparently a jail sentence on an army base.
    They didn't say you couldn't text just no holding the phone to you ear... you have to find the loop holes! But i'm sure they don't really allow your 2 cents when they arrest you... no pun intended!
    04-28-09 03:06 AM
    Hmmm me thinks you need a bluetooth headset. I mean after all I would find it hard to stick a phone to my ear for 45mins my arm would get tired, lol.
    Then it might burn her lug hole.

Noooo
    04-28-09 03:55 AM
    I was talking on my storm today.. I usually don't talk for long periods of time and my storm always gets mildly hot when I talk or when I charge.. but today I was on there for about 45 minutes and IT BURNED MY FACE!!

ummm.....is this NORMAL?!?! It can't be... right??

I called verizon they are going to send me a new battery....what?! A battery will fix the fact my storm got hot enough to burn me...seriously?
    All CDMA phones Storms or other get quite warm when on calls. It is the nature of the technology. I doubt that a new battery is going to solve the problem.

Every CDMA phone I've ever had gets warm on a call of more than a few minutes
    04-28-09 10:56 AM
    I would love to hear the rep's response to...

"Verizon? Hi... I was just using your phone, and it burned me. It hurts really bad. What do I do?"

Verizon rep: "Have you tried upgrading to a new leaked OS on crackberry? Yes? Okay, we'll send you a new battery."
    04-28-09 11:04 AM
    Pics or it didn't happen.. :-)
    04-28-09 11:05 AM
    people still use their storms to make calls

i talk on the phone for a living (no, not that kind of talking on the phone... perv!) so i dont really talk much on my storm to notice it get warm/hot but i think i would have noticed it was that warm that it burned or irritated my face

comical thread though
    Last edited by doidaporti; 04-28-09 at 11:31 AM.
    04-28-09 11:25 AM
    I doubt that the front screen burnt your face. ROFL
    04-28-09 11:29 AM
    I want pics!
    04-28-09 11:50 AM
    I didn't say it took off skin.. and i'd be happy to send pics.. but it was just red for a little while... there's nothing there now!! I if you read the thread, i didn't notice it getting that hot until i actually touched to my face when I went to type something and that very second I DID NOTICE... and no i don't usually talk on my storm.. i usually text.. but I had an important phone call to a family member that lives far away! The only time I usually talk is when my hubby calls from basic training =] You guys can chill out, i've made a full recovery, and yes, it was a pretty comical thread... kept me entertained at least.. in fact my face hurt from laughing so much... hehehe i wonder who i can sue for that J/K!! Like I said before, and I'll say it again

I LOVE MY CRACKBERRIANS! YOU GUYS ARE THE WICKED AWESOME!

keep it real, keep it simple... KEEP IS REAL SIMPLE! =P
    04-28-09 12:06 PM
    I don't believe the OP, a scam artist.
    04-28-09 12:11 PM
    I don't believe the OP, a scam artist.
    What's an OP... and what's a "lug hole" while you're at it... You young kids have lingo I must be unfamiliar with....
    04-28-09 12:25 PM
    Maybe it was a burn.... but I think most people think of burn as a much more serious thing.... here is the definition of the types of burns.

* First-degree burns are usually limited to redness (erythema), a white plaque and minor pain at the site of injury. These burns involve only the epidermis. Most sunburns can be included as first degree burns.

* Second-degree burns manifest as erythema with superficial blistering of the skin, and can involve more or less pain depending on the level of nerve involvement. Second-degree burns involve the superficial (papillary) dermis and may also involve the deep (reticular) dermis layer.

Major second degree burn caused by contact with boiling water.

* Third-degree burns occur when the epidermis is lost with damage to the subcutaneous tissue. Burn victims will exhibit charring and extreme damage of the epidermis, and sometimes hard eschar will be present. Third-degree burns result in scarring and victims will also exhibit the loss of hair shafts and keratin. These burns may require grafting.
    * Fourth-degree burns damage muscle, tendon, and ligament tissue, thus result in charring and catastrophic damage of the hypodermis. In some instances the hypodermis tissue may be partially or completely burned away as well as this may result in a condition called compartment syndrome, which threatens both the life and the limb of the patient. Grafting is required if the burn does not prove to be fatal.
    04-28-09 12:42 PM
    hmmm... my laptop is kinda getting heated on my belly.... maybe i should let it sit there til i burn and sue

NOT!

ps.... op = original poster (or something to that effect)

and i think lug hole was an ear reference given that it was in regards to bluetooth

but lets try it together... Let me google that for you

LMAO
    04-28-09 12:48 PM
    Billy mayes should do an infomercial. The storm it: browses, plays music + movies, takes pics and … can even fry an egg or straighten hair! Lol.
    04-28-09 12:51 PM
    Sorry OP, but this thread is hillarious thanks everyone - its amazing how many twists it took
    04-28-09 02:40 PM
    Can you post a picture of the burn on your face? That's quite odd so I'm a little curious as to what kind of burn you got from the phone.
    I'd rather see the burning cat
    04-28-09 05:33 PM
    Maybe we can use our storm too open a. Tanning shop

04-28-09 07:21 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD