Hi there

does anywhere in europe have storm accessories/offer any support for the bb storm device?

I am in europe for 2 months...my storm was working fine on the international plan, then my charger was in my purse that got stolen. Started charging on my computer because of course it has a specific charging port that i cant find anything to fit. after about a week of this, it stopped turning on, and only the led lights up when its plugged in.

Can't attempt to troubleshoot with a new battery or a proper charger because i can't find any store that carries anything compatable. Since i am paying for service on a dead device and am cut off from the mobile email internet and phone service i had planned into my trip i am near breaking...

Any ideas or thoughts to places in europe that wont get deer in headlights look on their face when i bring the phone in would be greatly appreciated!!! ps paris is next on the itinerary, so that may help?
    03-12-09 05:12 PM
    Vodaphone is your only bet, not sure if they'll help you out or not. However they do own Verizon.
    03-12-09 05:39 PM
    Well i have a warrenty that covers lost, stolen, liquid damage or any kind of physical damage... If you have a warrenty like that... i'd just ship it out have them ship it back to your house and get a friend to ship it to wherever you are... sorry... its the best i can think of
    03-12-09 05:56 PM
    Vodaphone might be the way to go but here is another tip.

You can go into any internet cafe or even in the hotel and as long as you have internet connection get on skype and call verizon, you can make toll free numbers on skype. If you are in an internet cafe just tell the CSR on the phone you are and will not give out all your personal info. Most will understand that and will help you. Call verizon and tell them your problem and see if they can't send you a replacement phone asap.

Good luck with that!
    03-12-09 06:00 PM
    i say go to a Voda store.. they have everything to troubleshoot your phone there and will probably be willing to help considering they ARE VZW (45% of vzw that is).
    03-12-09 06:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD