I have had my storm 2 since last wednesday and i have noticed that i dont even get a full day of charge i am a pretty heavy user and i use bbm and the browser alot of the day but id still expect it not to go into red by the end of the day can someone please help i already have my brightness on 10 to try save a wee bit
    08-24-10 05:35 PM
    If you're a heavy user and you even make it to the end of a work day then you're doing pretty good. The obvious things are you can try turning off GPS and Bluetooth services, make sure you limit your running applications to only the basics, and set your backlight timeout for a short time.

If none of those help then maybe you're a good candidate for a Seidio extended battery. Even the Seidio 1700 mAh might be the difference between makes it and doesn't make it for you and it fits behind the factory cover. Plus then you'd have two batteries and could carry one as a spare. I finally broke down and went to the 2600 mAH battery awhile back. I can even burn through that in less than a day if I go crazy! Other times though, it could go 4 days.
    08-24-10 05:48 PM
    ahh right does the 2600 one make the back need replaced, that 2600 one looks the best because i really use it too much, i dont really have the money right now but i guess thats possible in a few months
    08-24-10 05:53 PM
    the 2600 from Seidio comes with a replacement back cover. It's a good purchase for heavy users like you described. I actually like the feel of the phone better with it on.
    08-24-10 06:03 PM
    ahh thats good to know man i wish i had enough money to get one of them i looked at them on the store wow they look good
    08-24-10 06:15 PM
    I actually like the feel better with the extended battery too. Makes the phone I think about 3mm thicker, which makes it easier for me to hold. It's also easier to pick up the phone when it's sitting on the desk or whatever. Plus Seidio puts a nice feeling coating on the cover. My only complaint is that there are no cases made to fit it, even from Seidio. I had to give up my Otter Box Commuter so I could make it through the day!

I attached some photos for ya!
    08-24-10 06:29 PM
    cool there some good photos, thats is one hella big battery when u see it without the cover on i like the look of it
    08-24-10 06:35 PM
    Try installing a hybrid OS, it greatly improved battery life and browser speed, check them out at Driphter.com Dcom
    08-25-10 12:04 AM
    cool there some good photos, thats is one hella big battery when u see it without the cover on i like the look of it
    Yeah, it's a big mother!
    08-25-10 12:09 AM
    I second getting a hybrid - I have one of Lyricidal's and I have no problem making it through a day on one battery. Even with heavy usage I never clear 6% drain, and whileei keep my backlight at 10% I don't really do much to conserve battery since I installed the hybrid I have now. I leave Bluetooth and WiFi on; Twitter, MeterBerry, and BerryWeather update at 15 minute intervals, BerryWeather has home location set to current location plus two other locatiins; occasionally I'll start using the browser or Opera Mini and leave them running so I can come back to where I left off; today I even did two battery pulls after updating PRL (something's up with BIS here) - get the right hybrid for your uses and battery worries cease to exist. I bought a spare battery and a charging pod a while back and nowadays I just swap them out when I get home. Which means I'm going ~24 hours on one battery with all that.
    My recommendation would be to try driphter.com, bbhybrids.net, or grab on of OoakDPC's hybrids. One of them should do you very well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 12:12 AM
    I'm hesitant on a hybrid. Sometimes it might cause certain apps not to work. In general they did nothing for me when I tried it on my Curve 8520. I'm not so sure about S2.
    08-26-10 12:32 AM
    I'm hesitant on a hybrid. Sometimes it might cause certain apps not to work. In general they did nothing for me when I tried it on my Curve 8520. I'm not so sure about S2.
    If it helps, I've never had a problem with any apps after using a hybrid. And as far as not sure about it goes, if you try it and don't like it just wipe and install what was working before.

08-26-10 12:36 AM
    If it helps, I've never had a problem with any apps after using a hybrid. And as far as not sure about it goes, if you try it and don't like it just wipe and install what was working before.

Perfectly true. I'm just offering the other side of the story based on hearsay and personal experience.
    08-26-10 12:57 AM
    Perfectly true. I'm just offering the other side of the story based on hearsay and personal experience.
    Always need to hear both sides, and in that vein I must say there were one or two I installed and rolled back in less than a day, they were that bad lol

08-26-10 01:13 AM
    Hi,

If your battery drains out very quickly you can check the following as well :

1) Bluetooth (Chk if it is turned off)

2) Low signal strength ( If the signal strength is low the device will consume alot of battery in order maintain the signal strength)

3) Unwanted applications running in background (Hunt for such applications and close them as they would sucking the battery life.

4) Optimize your screen brightness to increase battery life.

5) Follow a regular charge and discharge cycle of the battery.

You can also use a third party application named Battery Saver by GetEmpower.

You can download it from : GetEmpower.com

from the New Arrivals section

Thanks,

Rohit
    08-26-10 01:21 AM
    i bought myself another storm battery just normal one and i keep both with me through the day and charge em both its also good because my bb gets a battery pull everyday which makes it faster
    09-03-10 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD