While waiting the 8 days for my Storm to arrive I was reading these forums and wondering if I had made a mistake by ordering an early adopter phone. Well after playing with it for a single day, I am SO happy with my Storm!

Its not laggy, its not slow, it clicks fine all over the screen, the GPS works with BB maps. I cant tell if the battery life is good, its only been one day.

When I got the phone the first thing that I did was upgrade to .75, then I noticed that the screen click at the top of the screen was a LITTLE bit tight, so I backed the torx screws out ~1/4 turn each and now its fine. I am still getting used to the keyboard, but that's to be expected.

I have been a BB user for a few years (this is my third model) so maybe that helped set my expectations.

Anyway, if you are wondering if you should get this phone, I would say that there MUST be some bad phones that people got, and some people just like to complain, so that all makes it sound REALLY bad, but in fact, its REALLY good. Its not PERFECT, but man is it good.
    12-11-08 01:09 PM
    congrats lol. i know the storms not perfect i still love mine. people just ***** and complain too much.
    12-11-08 01:11 PM
    As long as you love it! Everyone that's complaining about it was expecting it to do everything including the kitchen sink. I don't have one myself but I am pretty sure it's fine just some people get frustrated easily.
    12-11-08 01:13 PM
    Welcome aboard and good luck!
    12-11-08 01:13 PM
    Love mine too! They will fix the kinks with updates. Ive got to say Ive had none of the issues with my Storm. I bought on release day, and updated to the leaked .75 update. Thought about the .76 through Bell but decided not to.
    12-11-08 01:16 PM
    Glad you are enjoying it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 01:17 PM
    Hey Kirwoodd,

Welcome to the family of Storm lovers!!!!

I'm sure you will love this phone!
    12-11-08 01:40 PM
    Glad you got a good phone.
    12-11-08 01:43 PM
    As long as you love it! Everyone that's complaining about it was expecting it to do everything including the kitchen sink. I don't have one myself but I am pretty sure it's fine just some people get frustrated easily.
    Nah just expecting the phone to work as you woudl assume a touchscreen phone would.
    12-11-08 01:44 PM
    Totally agreed! People these days are so into "Instantaneous Gratification" They nitpick on certain things (some are valid I can admit) but then blow it out of proportion saying that "the phone is useless". It's a great phone, it does what it sets out to do which in its core is to BE A BLACKBERRY!

Good luck with the phone, I've had the Storm the day it came out and couldn't be happier.
    12-11-08 01:44 PM
    Wow this is a whole new world. I am really excited. Going through everything now
    12-11-08 01:47 PM
    congrats and welcome
    12-11-08 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD