I had a Storm 2 since December and never had ONE SINGLE ISSUE with it. Then I dropped it in the pool and I ruined it.

The other day I got a new one and the freakin thing keeps restarting on its own. It drives me nuts! It does it at least 10 times a day and sometimes it does it while I'm on a phone call.

This is super irritating since it takes forever to start up.... plus I never had any issues with my last one!!

What could be the problem?? I don't have insurance on it since Verizon won't allow me to add it to my plan (because you have to add it within the first 30 days-LAME!) and therefore I can't just send it in to be replaced.

IDEAS?? SUGGESTIONS?? HELP!!!
    06-25-10 01:52 PM
    If you purchased it from Verizon, the new on that is, take it back and they will replace it under factory warranty for free and on the spot if they have one in stock. If not it will get overnighted to you.
    06-25-10 01:58 PM
    Interesting that they moved it to 3rd party apps and not the storm 2 forums..
    06-25-10 02:14 PM
    If you purchased it from Verizon, the new on that is, take it back and they will replace it under factory warranty for free and on the spot if they have one in stock. If not it will get overnighted to you.

This is the full story:

I dropped mine in the pool. Prior to dropping it in the pool. My Dad got a Storm 2 as well. THEN I dropped mine in the pool. With no insurance on it, I obviously could not purchase a new one. My Dad hated the Blackberry so he gave me his, and I bought him an easier phone for him to use.

Because I switched his phone into my name it isn't considered new and I can't add insurance onto the phone.

Ughh!!
    06-25-10 02:26 PM
    back up the phone...

then wipe it clean to as new.

I got rebooting problems when i installed some apps....its just hang and keep rebooting....

so what i did was... wipe and reinstall the lowest level OS...

from the lowest base OS then i upgrade to latest OS.

now is freaking working well.

rule...never install mutiple apps without rebooting.. always install... reboot or uninstall reboot then install.
    Last edited by titusilvering; 06-25-10 at 02:51 PM.
    06-25-10 02:48 PM
    Backup, wipe, reinstall

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 05:35 PM
    back up the phone...

then wipe it clean to as new.

I got rebooting problems when i installed some apps....its just hang and keep rebooting....

so what i did was... wipe and reinstall the lowest level OS...

from the lowest base OS then i upgrade to latest OS.

now is freaking working well.

rule...never install mutiple apps without rebooting.. always install... reboot or uninstall reboot then install.
    It doesn't really need to be that complicated. There's really no reason to install a "base" OS, since each new OS (except for OTA, which I don't recommend in this case) installs fresh anyway. Just go ahead and install the latest version (or whatever version you want to use).

1. Backup your phone use Desktop Manager (DM). Close DM.
    2. Download the latest OS from Verizon and install it on your computer
    3. Wipe your phone. You can use BBSAK to do this if you're not familiar with the process. Your phone should reboot and come up with a message that OS needs to be installed. If your phone is currently running an OS version lower than the one you are installing, you can probably even skip this step (because it will be an upgrade)...but it may not be a bad idea to do it anyway.
    4. Use DM to install the OS.
    5. Restore your backup
    6. Dial *22899 to activate your phone and download PRL (Verizon)

Also, you can back up your 3rd party apps using this method, however, since it may be an app that is causing your issue now, I'd recommend collecting a list of the apps you have now and re-install them from scratch once you've re-installed the OS.
    Last edited by PaintDrinkingPete; 06-25-10 at 05:58 PM.
    06-25-10 05:52 PM
    There's really no reason to install a "base" OS, since each new OS (except for OTA, which I don't recommend in this case) installs fresh anyway. Just go ahead and install the latest version (or whatever version you want to use).
    There is really no harm installing the lowest level base OS. I would think that would very much help diagnose if its due the phone is faulty. Of course, the easy way is to reinstall existing version or higher version. Its really up to individual. Some will find lower level OS more stable while some prefer newer OS.
    06-26-10 12:17 AM
    try kind of smacking the phone in your hand and see if it shuts off then. its prob the battery coming just a little bit loose. mine was doing that every time i set it down, it would reboot. i put a little piece of paper between the battery and the door. hasnt done it since.
    06-26-10 01:04 AM
    try kind of smacking the phone in your hand and see if it shuts off then. its prob the battery coming just a little bit loose. mine was doing that every time i set it down, it would reboot. i put a little piece of paper between the battery and the door. hasnt done it since.
    ahhh a reminder of the old nextel i1000 lol
    06-26-10 06:27 AM
    Great advice. Here is some more - stop fiddling with your phone near the pool. I have found that all pools/beaches will jack-up your smartphone eventually. Activate and old dumb phone if you have one laying around - then, who cares if it gets wet/sand in it.
    06-26-10 07:25 AM
    Bingo

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 12:20 PM
    when I first got mine, it rebooted itself all the time. I took it back and Verizon and theyb gave me another one - no problems since and that was a year ago
    06-26-10 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD