Hey everyone,

I just connected my Storm 2 and went to do a sync, it told me that there was some new updates..i complied..the only problem now is that my storm is frozen on a white screen with Reload Software:507 printed in the middle!!

Did a quick search here but havent had luck, was wondering if someone has had the same problem and would be kind enough to help me out?

Thanks alot everyone,
    04-17-10 04:00 AM
    I forgot to mention that i have a Mac!!
    04-17-10 04:20 AM
    You need to reinstall your OS

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-10 07:29 AM
    Use BBSak to Wipe device and reinstall the OS.

04-17-10 07:32 AM
    Yup. 507 merely means you don't have an operating system installed. You don't even need to wipe with BBSAK, just reload software.

04-17-10 08:41 AM
    Thanks everyone, yes i did some research on the net and you are correct, i dont have an OS..all i did was push the "update software" button!!

Anyway, the problem is that i cant make my storm connect with my mac now because it doesnt have an OS. So i am stuck at this stage..luckily i still have my trusty old Bold and was able to transfer or restore my info to that machine but in the mean time i have no idea where to go from here.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

thanks again
    04-17-10 03:50 PM
    try taking out the battery while its plugged in and see if it will recognize it.
    04-17-10 04:44 PM
    Hi Paul,

thanks for the info, didnt work unfortunately ahhh i will keep researching and see if i can find a solution..could there have been something corrupt in the update, like a trojan or virus that did this? If there was its not a good thing as it could affect lots of users. Up to that, i have never had any problems, so its weired!!!
    04-18-10 12:20 AM
    Just use bbsak to wipe then reinstalled os thru bb desktop manager.
    04-18-10 01:50 AM
    I forgot to mention that i have a Mac!!
    Understood... I would forget to mention that as well!
    04-18-10 07:18 AM
    Lol@kript!!
    Just tried the bbsak as well to no avail..i have resigned myself to the fact that its not repairable...it was good while it lasted though!! thanks for the idea's guys and gals..
    04-18-10 07:30 AM
    Lol@kript!!
    Just tried the bbsak as well to no avail..i have resigned myself to the fact that its not repairable...it was good while it lasted though!! thanks for the idea's guys and gals..
    Are you kidding me? This is by no means a problem that can't be repaired. Do you have access to a windows machine? If so shoot me a PM and ill help you get it back up. For some reason a lot of Mac users have problems with updating the software on their phones.

04-18-10 08:32 AM
    Don't give up. I think many of us have had that reload software issue at one time or another. If u absolutely cannot get it up n running take it to the store. I did once a while back because I was new to BB n couldn't figure it out for the life of me. Long story short I brought it and in a matter of 25 Minutes my phone was up amd running. (I would only suggest this if all else fails Cuz I know it can be a hassle and there are some great threads on here about this issue). Good luck!

04-18-10 11:56 AM
    Follow these instructions and you will be up and running in no time.
    04-18-10 03:23 PM
    I think everyone is missed reading that the OP has a Mac. None of the options for recovering a bricked storm will work on the Mac.

The only choice is to find someone with Windows or if it's an Intel Mac, setting up a dual boot with Windows. Verizon won't help either, as they will not reload a bricked storm. They will however replace it under warranty.
    04-18-10 08:16 PM
    I think everyone is missed reading that the OP has a Mac. None of the options for recovering a bricked storm will work on the Mac.

The only choice is to find someone with Windows or if it's an Intel Mac, setting up a dual boot with Windows. Verizon won't help either, as they will not reload a bricked storm. They will however replace it under warranty.
    If you would bother to follow the link in my post you will see it is for a Mac. I know it will work on a Mac as I have just recently reloaded the OS on my Storm from a Mac. Getting to the exact same point of the Reload Software:507 and finishing the install from a Mac.
    04-18-10 08:28 PM

That's not true. I bricked my first storm n went to my local vzw store n they fixed it. Maybe I just got lucky. I dunno. Maybe it depends on the person u get but I absolutely bricked my storm n Verizon fixed it. They did say I would most likely need a replacement when I talked to them on the phone but I took a chance n brought it to my local store. Even at the store the employee seemed quite doubtful but ultimately gave it a shot n fixed it. That was just my experience though.

04-18-10 09:16 PM
    Hey everyone, thanks again for all the help in trying to help me, i really appreciate it. The latest is,,I spent all of last night trying the un-brick method as Gnomad suggested and although it seemed like it was going to work, alas, the carrot is still dangling infront of me!! Basically, i followed the instructions Gnomad and i get as far as the loading of the OS. It just seems to freeze on about 80% of the download on the desktop manager side..the storm turns off and then comes back on and just displays the battery with the line through it. I left it like that all night after trying to unplug then replug at least a hundred times!! But it just stays there and goes nowhere!!

I also managed to try using windows and BBSAK..again to no avail. So I will keep trying for a bit longer and hopefully something will work..

Thanks again and i will keep you all updated
    04-19-10 05:20 AM
    Is it still showing the 507 error? Do you have a PC where you are at? Shoot me a PM if you need some help.
    04-19-10 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD