So, I searched and couldn't find anything. I dropped my storm today from my belt level onto a tile floor. When I looked down, my screen was detached on 3 corners, and hanging by the other corner. I carefully picked it up, placed the screen back where it is supposed to be.. then back into the belt pouch.

I walked to the verizon store around the corner to have them look at it, and the screen was fully attached, not loose, and couldn't be removed at this point. The clerk thought I was going mad.

Has this happened to anyone yet? Just wondering if everything is ok, and it is "meant" to do that. Everything seems to be working just as it used to be (which on my phone is great).

Thanks

Mark
    01-13-09 12:59 PM
    There's a youtube video of the Storm's screen (Or the outer touch layer) falling off after the phone fell off a truck.
    01-13-09 01:02 PM
    Yeah, it comes off. I'm guessing that after few months, when everyone is complaining about dust, that they'll have us take them to a store, they'll pop it off, dust it out, and throw it back together.

Check out this thread for pics.
    01-13-09 01:53 PM
    There are two screens on the storm. The bottom layer is the actual LCD for the images. The top layer is the touch screen that senses well touch. They are stuck together with very thin double back tape. If your screen popped off and you pressed it back on, well it will stick again.

As long as you put it back on exactly the way it was, you shouldn't have a problem.

Something tells me that RIM used some really cheap double sided tape and that's why there are dust problems under the screen, screens popping off, keys popping off, etc.
    01-13-09 03:51 PM
    That would just about ruin your day!
    01-13-09 05:26 PM
    just curious...was it a mexican or canadian made storm?
    01-13-09 05:39 PM
    i'd probably cry.
    01-13-09 05:48 PM
    that sucks. then the fact they looked at you like you were crazy lol bad day id say
    01-13-09 08:47 PM
    That sucks, good luck!
    01-13-09 08:59 PM
    Be careful when taking the screen off...there are plenty of "how to.." videos and posts related to how to safely remove the screen...it is very easy to do something wrong and brick your LCD...but I wouldn't know anything about that ...p.s. thank god for insurance.
    01-13-09 09:11 PM
    Vertical or horizontal case for your Storm ?
    01-13-09 11:01 PM
    The DIGITIZER, not the screen separated from the screen sandwich due to poor design. The digitizer is stuck to the LCD screen with double-sided sticky tape... not even good tape at that.
    01-13-09 11:10 PM
    Correct, it was the digitizer. I did carefully place it back on. I normally keep it in the leather pouch horizontally. I took it out, and it slipped and fell on a tile floor from waist height.

Everything seems to be working fine now though, and couldn't be happier. I believe mine is a Mexican phone. ordered right after release day, received on Dec 7 I believe.

Thanks everyone.

mark
    01-14-09 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD