1. Don't assume i want to choose between a home and mobile number when I'm composing an SMS. always assume mobile unless I say otherwise!

2. Make it easier to send a darn message! I hate opening the menu to push send and accidentally hit save draft by mistake. Either make the green hardkey able to send the message or make the send button huge and isolated in the os menu.

3. Let me customize options and menus ala iPods. I want a big button (that I could choose size location and color of!) for compose sms and wtf is a pin message? I don't ever need that "activity log" taking up space so removing things like that from menus would be awesome. We can hide programs and folders from the selection menu so why can't we do it here?

4. Give me a button to use the flash as an LED light somewhere. It's really bright so it's useful to have around when you're walking around dark places like a bonfire or something.

5. Let me set more than one alarm and can I please customize the darn things like crazy?

I'll update this thread as I think of more stuff.
    Last edited by xtremerunnerars; 01-01-09 at 05:25 PM.
    01-01-09 05:22 PM
    An easy way to send your text is to hit the blackberry key twice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 05:25 PM
    1. Some people do not necesssarily enter the correct type of number as it corresponds with the information for the specific contact. Unless I have multiple numbers for one contact, I just enter new numbers in whatever field I land on first, be it work, home, mobile, etc. This function would not work for me.

2. All you have to do is hit the menu button twice after you compose your text, and voila - message sent.

3. Get an iPod.
    01-01-09 05:26 PM
    @drewdo+jenay#2 thanks! that's good to know.

@jenay#1 still give us the option! Let us set a default number for contacts then and that'll alleviate your problem.

@jenay#3 I have one. It doesn't do all the stuff my storm does :-D
    01-01-09 05:28 PM
    hmmmmmmmm
    ::::grabbing some popcorn::::
    01-01-09 05:29 PM
    1. Meh. I still say I am perfectly happy with the way this function is setup.

3. Well then. There you have it.
    01-01-09 05:30 PM
    #2 - PIN messages are a blackberry thing, actually really cool if you know anyone else with a blackberry.
    01-01-09 05:30 PM
    4. Third party app
    5. Third party app
    01-01-09 05:33 PM
    The general idea behind #1 is good... Letting us set a default option for sending emails or calling someone.

#2, another option is to swipe down on the keyboard and there will be a send button second from the left. I kind of think it should be the first one, but I can see the reasoning behind the show keyboard button being first.

A PIN message is a BB to BB message. Ever notice how in people's profiles it lists a PIN? Every BB phone has one hard coded into it, and you can use it to send messages straight to someone else's phone if it's also a BB.

Anyway, the activity log is there for debugging purposes, and if something ever went wrong with your phone, you might well be glad it was there if it allowed someone to figure out what happened. If it doesn't have some sort of maximum size, it probably should. Like after 1,000 lines it starts removing the oldest lines.

And I think most of the rest of #3 will be possible once Storm theme tools are loosed unto the world.

I'm pretty sure there's a third party app to cover #4.

No real opinion on #5 myself.
    01-01-09 05:34 PM
    yeah hitting the BB key twice is a great shortcut for sending messages. i use it like crazy.

a bonfire is a dark place?

honestly your complaints are things that dont bother me, or i am completely content with. odd how everyone has different views and preferences.
    01-01-09 05:35 PM
    > 2. Make it easier to send a darn message!...

Hit the menu button twice to send a message. Its highlighted by default.
    01-01-09 05:35 PM
    I wouldnt mind having more than one alarm myself, and the LED as a flashlight as well. Other than that I am pretty happy with the way everything else works that you talked about.
    01-01-09 05:39 PM
    [QUOTE=cray1000;1311799]
    a bonfire is a dark place?

QUOTE]

HA HA HA!!! I Was thinking the exact same thing. With the huge fire and all. When I think dark place I think my bathroom at midnight with the lights out. Could use a little light for aiming without turning the lights in the bathroom on.

P.S. Yes I am too cheap to buy a night light.
    01-01-09 05:41 PM
    What the OP fails to realize is that RIM does not make custom phones for people. Blackberries are great because you CAN customize the daylights out of them. Unlike other phones....

Just because the OP wants certain things on his phone does NOT warrant RIM's attention.

Most seasoned BB users are very use to the way they work and are very happy with the features. Once new themes are released and the App store is running this post will be a mute point.

I personally like my Storm the way it is, although I did customize a lot of the settings to MY liking.....
    01-01-09 05:41 PM
    I came in here expecting good ideas... What the **** was I thinking.

01-01-09 05:47 PM
    I wouldnt mind having more than one alarm myself, and the LED as a flashlight as well. Other than that I am pretty happy with the way everything else works that you talked about.
    Same here.

01-01-09 05:49 PM
    What the OP fails to realize is that RIM does not make custom phones for people. Blackberries are great because you CAN customize the daylights out of them. Unlike other phones....
    What you fail to realize is that I don't want a custom 'xtremerunnerars edition' storm. I was making suggestions.

And you played right into my point: "they are great because you can customize the daylights out of them."

I love this phone. I really do. We can customize a ton, so what's a few more things?

These phones have a ton of customizable features that not everybody needs. Just because someone doesn't want it doesn't mean it's a bad idea to give them the option.
    01-01-09 06:00 PM
    So why do you want RIM to take notice......most of what you want to do is already on the phone.......

Multiple Alarms simple put them in your calendar....what do you mean by customize? I use diff ringtones for diff alrams.....
    01-01-09 06:20 PM
    Try this. Go to calender hit menu and then new alarm. You can set all the alarms you want

01-01-09 06:21 PM
    So why do you want RIM to take notice......most of what you want to do is already on the phone.......

Multiple Alarms simple put them in your calendar....what do you mean by customize? I use diff ringtones for diff alrams.....
    Right. MOST of it. How do companies improve anything? They keep adding features. If RIM listens to its users and gives them what they want, the company will do better. I don't understand why you're being so cynical/pessimistic/negative.

Thank you to the users who pointed out the alarm thing, by the way.
    01-01-09 06:47 PM
    Anyway, the activity log is there for debugging purposes, and if something ever went wrong with your phone, you might well be glad it was there if it allowed someone to figure out what happened. If it doesn't have some sort of maximum size, it probably should. Like after 1,000 lines it starts removing the oldest lines.
    I acknowledge its importance along with other functions/tasks. I just want to be able to hide it like all of the other icons in the main app selection menu.
    01-02-09 12:51 PM
    watching u guys quarrel amongst yourselves is quite amusing but can we get back on topic....

WHY THE **** ARE THERE NO SMILEYS FOR SMS TEXT??!!
    01-02-09 01:04 PM
    watching u guys quarrel amongst yourselves is quite amusing but can we get back on topic....

Well, imho, with Verizon there is no multi-threaded text, so why waste text space with smileys?
    01-02-09 01:47 PM

Because if there were, they likely wouldn't even show up on the recipient's device.
    01-02-09 01:50 PM
    Even the text ones like :-) would be nice
    01-03-09 01:20 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD