Now I'm no Expert by far, that said, I believe .148 will be released as the official version by RIM/VERIZON.

This is by far and away the best OS I've seen for the Storm. Memory leak for "Me" has been zero, in fact as time goes on it has been increasing. Battery life appears to be pretty good and obviously varies user to user application dependent.

For the first time since the November release date I'm excited to be a STORM owner.

Well, that's my two cents!

Attack me as you will!!!!!
    05-23-09 10:01 PM
    No attacking from me. I personally think we'll see .148 as well as the official OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 10:04 PM
    I hope it becomes official because I would really like to see a official good os before I purchase the tour.

I want to have a good reason to switch between the two phones
    05-23-09 10:12 PM
    I am stuck 75. I need it to be official to get it passed IT. The question is when. Don't know how much longer I can wait

05-23-09 10:15 PM
    148 is nice... I have much more memory now and things seem to be a lot faster, and the button unlocking the phone issue is fixed as well! No complaints here!

05-23-09 11:10 PM
    I guess that's encouraging.

05-23-09 11:12 PM
    im on .132 and love it. very stable memory, very rare restarts, quick acceleromoter and fast browsing.

i love it.
    05-24-09 12:12 AM
    I don't know...I've head all this rubbish before..we will see.
    05-24-09 01:07 AM
    i dont think so i work for verizon

a few weeks ago we had a data class talking about some of the new plans and crap one of the enig. was there and we began to talk storms i asked if i could see his build and it was .174 i asked if i could have a copy but yea that went over like a lead ballon lol he said that a version would be relased with in 2 to 3 weeks the only problems they had with the build was a conflict with the new vz acces manager so lets hope he is telling the truth because my god that was a great os.
    sorry for the spelling its late and i am half asleep lol
    05-24-09 01:30 AM
    .174 eh? Can Patches or anyone else confirm this?
    05-24-09 02:27 AM
    i dont think so i work for verizon

a few weeks ago we had a data class talking about some of the new plans and crap one of the enig. was there and we began to talk storms i asked if i could see his build and it was .174 i asked if i could have a copy but yea that went over like a lead ballon lol he said that a version would be relased with in 2 to 3 weeks the only problems they had with the build was a conflict with the new vz acces manager so lets hope he is telling the truth because my god that was a great os.
    sorry for the spelling its late and i am half asleep lol

about 3 months ago someone came with the same story that it would be released within 2-3 weeks and they worked for verizon two so you are going to have a hard time getting people to believe this
    05-24-09 02:36 AM
    .141 was Platform .174...
    05-24-09 02:41 AM
    about 3 months ago someone came with the same story that it would be released within 2-3 weeks and they worked for verizon two so you are going to have a hard time getting people to believe this
    Its said all the time. I believe nothing when it comes to official OS updates and peoples encounters with their neighborhood VZW rep.

05-24-09 02:42 AM
    .148 had a very bad memory leak on my device. I haven't installed any new apps or anything. .132 so far is the best I've used.

05-24-09 02:48 AM
    and if it does become official, 90% of us will be on future leaks.
    05-24-09 03:02 AM
    Its said all the time. I believe nothing when it comes to official OS updates and peoples encounters with their neighborhood VZW rep.

yupz I have been around the forum a bit have seen it many many times..
    05-24-09 03:06 AM
    well, .148 was really nice but with the .90 radio it kicks ***. I also added the 5.0.0.93 font file(I really like the Global Serif). Anyways, I could see it being released on verizon but I don't know how important color banding is to them.
    05-24-09 04:08 AM
    and if it does become official, 90% of us will be on future leaks.
    I was wondering if I was the only one thinking this.

Whichever release is official, with the sloooooow rate VzW is progressing, that 90% you were referring to will sigh and say, "Oh yea. I remember that leak a few months back. I will stick with .2XX, its much better....."

05-24-09 07:04 AM
    If .148 was going to be "Official" all the Hybrid tweaks wouldn't be necessary.
    05-24-09 07:46 AM
    If .148 was going to be "Official" all the Hybrid tweaks wouldn't be necessary.
    Yeah they would ... to some the status quo is akin to waving a red flag at a bull. It's what makes for races of all kinds. Thank gawd ...
    05-24-09 10:43 AM
    No attacking from me. I personally think we'll see .148 as well as the official OS.

+1
    I agree,
    Would help with overall cust sat if this were dropped official. I am just tired of everyone with .75 complaining (rightfully so) in these forums etc, when many of us are using an entirely different Storm with newer OS.
    05-24-09 12:19 PM
    I was wondering if I was the only one thinking this.

Whichever release is official, with the sloooooow rate VzW is progressing, that 90% you were referring to will sigh and say, "Oh yea. I remember that leak a few months back. I will stick with .2XX, its much better....."

Don�t think there will be that much of a disparity, but in concept, I agree.
    05-24-09 12:21 PM
    if they get a build, and it passes, they won't NOT pass it to wait for something else. if it passes, they release it. now once they get a build out, they might become more critical of future test builds....

and idk what is in lab/network testing, very few people do. the only thing we have is speculation/discussion of RIM employees who state they know which builds were taken off of the partner site, etc.

IMO .148 will pass. i haven't heard ANY negative feedback about the OS.

there is negative feedback based on 3rd party apps, with memory leaks, QL not working (now resolved with an update) etc...but none of the issues discussed are an actual flaw or bug in the OS.

botched installs and 3rd party apps hijacking your app memory are not bugs, no matter how you position it. sorry.
    05-24-09 01:55 PM
    Patches, not to hijack, but regarding .148 the camera save is incredibly slow and when playing a song and you lock the screen while it's on repeat, the next track does NOT play. A bug which seems to have started with .141
    05-25-09 01:34 AM
    Camera saves are fine for me. I removed all of my music today. I'll reload and test tomorrow. I'll post feedback.

05-25-09 01:37 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD