I've had very few problems with my S2 since feb. However...I've had to reboot several times during the past week. Once, because dialing was very slow, and apps have been crashing. The only apps Ive loaded recently are Bing, VZNav, and Scanlife. I'll be dumping Bing and VZnav right after I finish this post.

I still like my S2, but wish it would remain as stable as it used to be. Some people here think that all I ever do is claim the phone is perfect, but ANYONE who has read ALL my posts would KNOW that I sometimes post about problems, too. cheers!
    08-28-10 10:47 PM
    I've had very few problems with my S2 since feb. However...I've had to reboot several times during the past week. Once, because dialing was very slow, and apps have been crashing. The only apps Ive loaded recently are Bing, VZNav, and Scanlife. I'll be dumping Bing and VZnav right after I finish this post.

I still like my S2, but wish it would remain as stable as it used to be. Some people here think that all I ever do is claim the phone is perfect, but ANYONE who has read ALL my posts would KNOW that I sometimes post about problems, too. cheers!
    LOL, it's OK to like your phone, but also be critical of it's lesser points! Maybe reloading the OS will save it though?
    08-28-10 11:15 PM
    LOL, it's OK to like your phone, but also be critical of it's lesser points! Maybe reloading the OS will save it though?
    I reloaded it twice in the last couple months, but that was due to problems with contacts that couldn't be fixed otherwise. I avoid reloads unless absolutely necessary. I'm the same way with PC's. I've gone many years with Windows w/o reloading the OS, except for two instances--that's across more than 9 computers since I got Windows 98. I don't recall if I ever reloaded earlier versions, such as 3.1. People who reload windows at the drop of a hat puzzle me. I wonder why their computers would require such frequent drastic measures.
    08-29-10 12:01 AM
    I reloaded it twice in the last couple months, but that was due to problems with contacts that couldn't be fixed otherwise. I avoid reloads unless absolutely necessary. I'm the same way with PC's. I've gone many years with Windows w/o reloading the OS, except for two instances--that's across more than 9 computers since I got Windows 98. I don't recall if I ever reloaded earlier versions, such as 3.1. People who reload windows at the drop of a hat puzzle me. I wonder why their computers would require such frequent drastic measures.
    Most people don't monitor what programs they install on their PC, and over a period of time more resources are being hogged by unnecessary programs. For one, more entries in the startup registry means more programs loading at Windows start up time.

I assume that goes for BB OS as well.
    08-29-10 12:20 AM
    I to recently have had a lot of random resets, no changes in app downloads and everything on my phone is becoming very slow. Like speed dial tends to work when it feels like it.

No OS change, no new different apps. Even on the default theme I still get these random reboots about everyother day at least. Starting to drive me insane.

Wouldn't be as bad if I didn't have to wait 7min for it to start back up
    08-29-10 01:44 AM
    I just received a warranty replacement because I was seeing significant sluggish performance, but it seemed to be linked to a short somewhere. Once it started to slow down, the phone would just die shortly thereafter and then need a recharge, even when battery was at 90% 5 minutes earlier. I would also take it off the charger with a 100% charged battery overnight, and the phone would not startup. It would go back on the charger and say it was at 1% battery charge. Lastly, my lock button was hard to push.

My warranty replacement is night and day on the SurePress side, and so far after 2 days, not performance issues or charge issues.

You might also try starting with a fresh set of databases by installing a fresh copy of the OS and not porting over your information. I don't know about 5.0, but in the 4.7 days this move helped me a lot once.
    08-29-10 06:56 AM
    I just had my S2 replaced two weeks ago. Sluggish performance, not receiving calls or messages and a loud buzzing during phone calls. Verizon didn't even bother with anything, just said "we will give you another one".

The sure press is "softer" if that makes sense.

Now, one week later, with a new battery that I purchased, the phone isn't holding a charge for more than 12 hours. I am taking this one back in. I am under warranty until October, have a droid coming in 2 weeks, but I still want a working Storm. I don't have any complaints, and I am only going to the droid because I am getting bored with the phone.
    08-29-10 08:22 AM
    I've had a couple of instances of the phone becoming hot and the battery draining withing a couple of hours, but that has been rectified by a battery pull. I figured it's because of the battery becoming slightly dislodged. I can't think of any other reason other than an intermitant short in the case. Another thing I have noticed recently is my surepress seems to be noisier/rougher. Any thoughts there?
    08-29-10 10:29 AM
    To the OP, I doubt if VZNav and Bing are the culprits here. Unless they are not working well with other apps for some odd reason. I have had both VZNav and Bing on S2 since inception and I use both apps fairly regularly without any issues. I hope you get it figured out soon because if a device (S2) that is less than a year cannot function well, RIM should be headed for a big trouble.
    08-29-10 12:54 PM
    To the OP, I doubt if VZNav and Bing are the culprits here. Unless they are not working well with other apps for some odd reason. I have had both VZNav and Bing on S2 since inception and I use both apps fairly regularly without any issues. I hope you get it figured out soon because if a device (S2) that is less than a year cannot function well, RIM should be headed for a big trouble.
    I have tried to use VZNaz two times in the past. It just seems to not let go of the gps, ever. My battery would not last 5 or 6 hours with it installed and enabled. I also felt like it hurt performance.
    08-29-10 02:00 PM
    I agree with you but I dumped them because I only use VZNav when on vacation and vacation is over and Bing isn't something I use but rarely. I only mentioned them because I don't load my phone with any utilities and few apps and things had been going well until I went on vacation. (other than 2 necessary OS refreshes due to Contacts issues)
    08-29-10 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD