As I sit here and read through all of these post I am udderly amazed and absolutely dumfounded by the comment in here. We have been lucky enough to have a multitude of OS leaks provided to us in which we are NOT ENTITLED to, then complain about the frequency in which they are leaked. We have all been lucky enough to experience the Hybrids which were developed to improve on an already existing platform. And we complain that that is not enough. Everyone needs to step back away from the computer and really think about all of this. I am not trying to get philosophical here and I just think we need to realize that we are not entitled to any of these.

We all chose to buy our Stroms, nobody forced us. As with any new product there will be issues, either software or hardware. If you dont like the device take it back. If you do like it, be happy with what you have. They're plenty of people out there that would like to have what you have in this device.

This forum is like a bunch of kids in a toy store....I want I want I want.

CHILL......patience is a virtue

Moderator Please move this thread
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 02-21-09 at 12:10 AM.
    02-21-09 12:07 AM
    I have had the Storm since .75 and I have to say my patience is wearing thin. I am currently running .103 and they just can't seem to get it right. I don't understand how people can call .75 a production release. It's a disaster. Currently, my phone STILL has the following problems:

1. Reboots at least two times a day
    2. Visual voice mail doesn't show new messages
    3. Screen and applications lock constantly
    4. Still doesn't answer calls properly
    5. Media player still unstable
    6. Slacker app unstable

I have no idea what Verizon is doing right now but they better get off their asses and wake up and get a real release out. If Blackberry cannot fix this, replace the hardware or re-write the OS from scratch.

I believe people's patience is running out. I feel like Verizon has been given enough time to properly deal with these problems and they haven't. I don't have the time to constantly load betas on my phone to keep the dam thing running.

Verizon and Blackberry - WAKE UP! The Iphone is out there and Windows Mobile is right around the corner. You can't get this Storm right and I will be running another platform as I will have lost all confidence in BB as a company.
    What Apps are Installed?
    Are you running a custom theme?
    Have you tried removing the SIM Card?
    Have you tried a clean wipe?
    Have you used CrackMem or Removed unwanted and unneeded Services from the Install process?

There are a ton of tips and tricks that you could try to improve your experience. Try answering some of these questions first.
    02-21-09 12:12 AM
    I will tell you what, if you can get Verizon to take mine back, I will gladly go to something else but they won't. I am not bashing the effort. I understand how difficult it is - I used to program! I understand the challenges, however, I also understand if the company made a bad decision to go to market with a sub-par product, they should either throw resources at it to fix it as fast as possible or give people another option.

To me, the Storm is a touch screen device with a recycled OS designed for a non-touch screen phone. The reason I bought it was because I took a leap of faith that RIM and Verizon with all the money and resources they had would fix this thing. Maybe they will but in my opinion, it's taking a **** of alot longer than I ever thought it would.

Yes, the IPhone had issues but Apple threw resources behind it and fixed the issues. Now they have a very stable platform. Yes, it's lacking features but they are light years ahead on apps and everything else.

I have carried every phone out there including Windows Mobile, Treo etc. I agree the Blackberry OS is by far the most feature rich and mature but I will also tell you Blackberry has never struggled this long trying to get one of their devices working properly.
    02-21-09 12:19 AM
    i can see how this is a discussion about beta OSs. not.

that was a not joke
    02-21-09 12:22 AM
    Running on .99 and it's flawless.
    02-21-09 12:25 AM
    I think it is time fir the impatient storm room as now people of a group are in the same position as you are.
    I can wait. Sure there will be an official OS sooner or later. Nothing wrong with the current os.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 12:29 AM
    What Apps are Installed?
    Are you running a custom theme?
    Have you tried removing the SIM Card?
    Have you tried a clean wipe?
    Have you used CrackMem or Removed unwanted and unneeded Services from the Install process?

There are a ton of tips and tricks that you could try to improve your experience. Try answering some of these questions first.
    Do you also want me to load the code into a decompiler and start looking for programming loops? Maybe I should try some new if then statements in the code? ****, maybe I should write my own BB OS if I am going to go through all this work.

Yes, I have wiped my handheld about 10 times now, run different OS versions, kept only BB apps on, etc etc etc. It still reboots.

Seriously, WTF does it matter? The OS should be stable enough to support the phone even if you have one or two immature applications on the phone. Look how many apps the IPhone people load and that phone doesn't crash.

Even Google pulled off a more stable OS with the small little TMobile company. Granted it doesn't have some of the features, that is version 1 touchscreen and that works right.
    02-21-09 12:29 AM
    If you hate the Storm so much why did you keep it past the return period? I agree with the other posters - no one forced you to buy it - or to keep it for that matter.

I am glad to see so many people defending the Storm on this thread. It is a leap forward for RIM and VZW. I have had a RIM device since the email pager days (I learned of the 9/11 attacks from a news alert on my RIM) went to Treo for a while and have been back to BB for the past 5 years. My Storm has given me far fewer problem then my many early Treos did.
    We bought it as early adopters. That is part of the fun!

02-21-09 12:30 AM
    You know, I have to agree with the title of this particular thread. I got my Storm for free - and I am still thinking about returning it!

There was a promise of two quick patches in the works back in November ... one has been released and it is 3 months later. Also, no app store, and the phone is still very slow for anyone that is uncomfortable upgrading to a beta version, or those that don't realize what one is.

My personal feelings and views are that I will give RIM and Verizon another month before switching phones and carriers. This will be an adjustment for me for I have been with this carrier for a long time, and have enjoyed their products. However, it seems that Beta OS's are only enough for the hard core fan, not the average user. The very fact that such a step is needed will more than likely be what kills this phone - unless something is done in the very near future.
    02-21-09 12:32 AM
    I think it is time fir the impatient storm room as now people of a group are in the same position as you are.
    I can wait. Sure there will be an official OS sooner or later. Nothing wrong with the current os.

I get what you guys are saying about be patient, however, when you business dealings and life revolve around your cell phone, it would be nice if it could at least answer a call, retrieve voice mails, and not reboot in the middle of conference calls. All I want is basic stable features.

Everything else I can deal with being instable. Get the basics working.
    02-21-09 12:32 AM
    how is this not a rant and rave thread
    02-21-09 12:33 AM
    Maybe if half you geeks quit trying to install hacked os's and rigged apps and wait for something official, you wouldn't have these issues. Seems like everyone wants to mod the Sh*T out of their week old devices then complain because it don't work correctly WAH fn WAH!!! go by an iSuck and make out with it!

my two week old storm has had no problems, loaded 6 themes, 7 3rd party apps, two of them run all the time using the GPS, I do a battery pull in the morning when I wake it up and it's good all day long. Never had it reboot on me....and i'm a noob, whats your excuse!
    02-21-09 12:37 AM
    If you hate the Storm so much why did you keep it past the return period? I agree with the other posters - no one forced you to buy it - or to keep it for that matter.

I am glad to see so many people defending the Storm on this thread. It is a leap forward for RIM and VZW. I have had a RIM device since the email pager days (I learned of the 9/11 attacks from a news alert on my RIM) went to Treo for a while and have been back to BB for the past 5 years. My Storm has given me far fewer problem then my many early Treos did.
    We bought it as early adopters. That is part of the fun!

You are in a fishbowl man! Yes, us very technical people know how to load betas and recover data when the thing crashes but the average person doesn't. Look at it from the eyes of a non technical person who got lured into the phone by the slick marketing and commercials and now has a .75 phone that runs slower than molasses and doesn't know what to do.

You guys sit here and defend both companies and say "all hail RIM for providing these leaked betas" when in reality they are leaking them on purpose to use you as a pawn to get feedback from these forums. Why the **** do you think the betas get leaked?

Show me one commercial that said that the Storm was a great phone with alot of promise but you should expect issues and problems. And by the way, if you don't know how to load beta code, you should consider not buying one. I haven't seen any, have you?

All I see on the commercials is a perfected product in which people walk around and flip through menus at lightning speed and never have problems. If you guys love RIM so much, go apply for sales jobs and sit in front of real world customers and get out of the little tech bubble you are in and you will feel the pain.
    02-21-09 12:38 AM
    Face it. We are in the age of rapid advancement where if you want to use technology you have to possess some understanding of it. My Storm performs better then my 3rd gen Comcast DVR that is now 6 months old. Let's not even talk about Windows.

Yeah it is not perfect. Could it be better of course. But it is a very complex multifunction device and it allows all kinds of 3rd party apps, so there will be some issues.

In today's marketplace if you wait until a product is bullet proof you die.

02-21-09 01:04 AM
    I would upgrade to .103 and get rid of slacker. Slacker can and will cause problems.
    02-21-09 01:30 AM
    im running .106 hybrid no problems with my phone... honestly if they made an official just like it... it would be perfect.. for me at least my phone is so fast 5 days and no restart freezing or nothing and i have a bunch of apps installed... my memory hasnt dropped under 35mb... trust me try it
    02-21-09 02:32 AM
    I had an iphone from launch. Took them about 8 months to get it stable. Then take the fact that unless you were in the jailbreak community you only had the stock dinky apps until the appstore finally dropped. Well over a year. The phone still crashes, and without a jailbreak nothing non-apple runs in the bg. WinMo has so many mem leaks its not even funny.

Talking about ads that are false, I remember my "Real Internet, not watered down internet" commercials from Apple. Loved how they had the nytimes website loaded, with flash player loading. ALL companies lie with the devices used in commercials. I love RIM, but I know the Storm isn't what it should be..yet. I'll wait for a couple more months. They are showing a lot of effort.

02-21-09 06:18 AM
    To me the fact that RIM has put together so many builds and not released anything points to the fact the ship is a drift with no real answers and defending the phone to the death will not save it.
    02-21-09 07:08 AM
    Do you also want me to load the code into a decompiler and start looking for programming loops? Maybe I should try some new if then statements in the code? ****, maybe I should write my own BB OS if I am going to go through all this work.

Yes, I have wiped my hand held about 10 times now, run different OS versions, kept only BB apps on, etc etc etc. It still reboots.

Seriously, WTF does it matter? The OS should be stable enough to support the phone even if you have one or two immature applications on the phone. Look how many apps the IPhone people load and that phone doesn't crash.

Even Google pulled off a more stable OS with the small little TMobile company. Granted it doesn't have some of the features, that is version 1 touchscreen and that works right.
    ignorant much? the iphone didnt always have the app store. it wasnt always stable. dont know much about the g1, like how long google worked on it etc. i do know that android was in the works for a good couple years though.

everyone knows the storm was released prematurely. how much so? i guess we wont know until the 'golden code' is released. meanwhile, they are working on it. but if you're impatient, you are welcome to go get another phone until this one is tweaked. after all, this is RIM's first touch screen too...have some damn patience.

its no surprise that the OS needs work. if 30 days wasn't enough time for you to decide if you wanted to wait or not, tough luck. but hey you have the phone and the OS. if you think you can do better, go ahead and good luck. you know you'll always have willing beta testers at crackberry.
    02-21-09 07:28 AM
    I have had the Storm since .75 and I have to say my patience is wearing thin. I am currently running .103 and they just can't seem to get it right. I don't understand how people can call .75 a production release. It's a disaster. Currently, my phone STILL has the following problems:

1. Reboots at least two times a day
    2. Visual voice mail doesn't show new messages
    3. Screen and applications lock constantly
    4. Still doesn't answer calls properly
    5. Media player still unstable
    6. Slacker app unstable

I have no idea what Verizon is doing right now but they better get off their asses and wake up and get a real release out. If Blackberry cannot fix this, replace the hardware or re-write the OS from scratch.

I believe people's patience is running out. I feel like Verizon has been given enough time to properly deal with these problems and they haven't. I don't have the time to constantly load betas on my phone to keep the dam thing running.

Verizon and Blackberry - WAKE UP! The Iphone is out there and Windows Mobile is right around the corner. You can't get this Storm right and I will be running another platform as I will have lost all confidence in BB as a company.

PUT THE PHONE ON EBAY AND BUY YOURSELF A CRICKET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-21-09 07:32 AM
    You are in a fishbowl man! Yes, us very technical people know how to load betas and recover data when the thing crashes but the average person doesn't. Look at it from the eyes of a non technical person who got lured into the phone by the slick marketing and commercials and now has a .75 phone that runs slower than molasses and doesn't know what to do.

You guys sit here and defend both companies and say "all hail RIM for providing these leaked betas" when in reality they are leaking them on purpose to use you as a pawn to get feedback from these forums. Why the **** do you think the betas get leaked?

Show me one commercial that said that the Storm was a great phone with alot of promise but you should expect issues and problems. And by the way, if you don't know how to load beta code, you should consider not buying one. I haven't seen any, have you?

All I see on the commercials is a perfected product in which people walk around and flip through menus at lightning speed and never have problems. If you guys love RIM so much, go apply for sales jobs and sit in front of real world customers and get out of the little tech bubble you are in and you will feel the pain.
    AMEN brother!!
    02-21-09 09:10 AM
    im running .106 hybrid no problems with my phone... honestly if they made an official just like it... it would be perfect.. for me at least my phone is so fast 5 days and no restart freezing or nothing and i have a bunch of apps installed... my memory hasnt dropped under 35mb... trust me try it
    Have you tried using the camera? The only times my phone has rebooted with this OS on it, was using the camera. :P

The commercial says "Screen images simulated", same as the Iphone commercials. Dipstick.

As for the leaks being leaked here for beta testing...

Um, duh? That's a genius move on the part of RIM (not that RIM is actually leaking them). They can see how these OS's are affecting these phones in a real world environment. You can't hire that much R&D effectively.

Do you really want RIM to fix the phone, or do you just want to complain about nothing? All I see is a bit*hfest, with no resolution in sight. The OS will be updated when they get it working the way they want it to, and it will be good, just like the Curve's was once they got it ironed out.

tl;dr version:

Stop QQ'ing and get a new phone or wait it out, ya crybaby sourpuss.
    02-21-09 09:53 AM
    Well I suggest getting a new phone. If a phone causes u this much grief u really need to move along and find something else.

02-21-09 03:10 PM
    Yeah - sell your Storm an buy a Razor.

02-21-09 03:37 PM
    I think all I read about these forums are people complaining about a phone, the hypes and downs of leaked and hybrid operating systems. There are some threads with love for the phone. But stop right here just go get a different and be "happy" with it or complain again and move on. Stuff is getting old and people are getting angry about seeing the same stuff. If the phone isn't for you then go somewhere else. Ifyou are stuck with it brake it and if you can't risk that then live with it.

02-21-09 03:41 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD