I have had the Storm since .75 and I have to say my patience is wearing thin. I am currently running .103 and they just can't seem to get it right. I don't understand how people can call .75 a production release. It's a disaster. Currently, my phone STILL has the following problems:

1. Reboots at least two times a day
    2. Visual voice mail doesn't show new messages
    3. Screen and applications lock constantly
    4. Still doesn't answer calls properly
    5. Media player still unstable
    6. Slacker app unstable

I have no idea what Verizon is doing right now but they better get off their asses and wake up and get a real release out. If Blackberry cannot fix this, replace the hardware or re-write the OS from scratch.

I believe people's patience is running out. I feel like Verizon has been given enough time to properly deal with these problems and they haven't. I don't have the time to constantly load betas on my phone to keep the dam thing running.

Verizon and Blackberry - WAKE UP! The Iphone is out there and Windows Mobile is right around the corner. You can't get this Storm right and I will be running another platform as I will have lost all confidence in BB as a company.
    02-20-09 10:25 PM
    you know..... the .103/.106 hybrid is really hard to beat...
    02-20-09 10:30 PM
    Also, RIM has been pounding out a ton of OS's fixing the bugs. They have sped it up and now just working on making it more stable. Sure, .75 is slow, but its stable. Verizon wont release anything that isnt stable. DL the .106 hybrid and you will be happy, hold you over until the next leak
    02-20-09 10:32 PM
    I have had the Storm since .75 and I have to say my patience is wearing thin. I am currently running .103 and they just can't seem to get it right. I don't understand how people can call .75 a production release. It's a disaster. Currently, my phone STILL has the following problems:

6. Slacker app unstable

I have no idea what Verizon is doing right now but they better get off their asses and wake up and get a real release out. If Blackberry cannot fix this, replace the hardware or re-write the OS from scratch.

I believe people's patience is running out. I feel like Verizon has been given enough time to properly deal with these problems and they haven't. I don't have the time to constantly load betas on my phone to keep the dam thing running.

Verizon and Blackberry - WAKE UP! The Iphone is out there and Windows Mobile is right around the corner. You can't get this Storm right and I will be running another platform as I will have lost all confidence in BB as a company.
    WHO THE **** CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-20-09 10:35 PM
    Rant/Rave...move it on out of here!
    02-20-09 10:37 PM
    Uh....slacker is slackers problem...not RIM, Verizon's, Yours, Your Mom's, My Mom's, or anyone else's.

If you have a problem with slacker then take it up with slacker, it's called a THIRD PARTY app for a reason.
    02-20-09 10:37 PM
    wow tarheel....... too much caffeine?
    02-20-09 10:38 PM
    I hear what you are saying about having issues with the storm but you have to understand that this device was rushed to marked. and while it is not perfect it is a great device. For example today I went to Medieval Times in ATL and the storm worked flawlessly. I ran video for 15 minutes, took serveral pictures from the show. uploaded them to facebook and used google maps to get me back to the hotel all without a single lag or reboot. All while running Appleberry 8 theme.
    I know that you may feel hesitant about taking out your storm for fear it may freeze or something but i tell you it is alot better than it may seem. What I would suggest is looking into the forums on the .103/.106 hybrid. IMO its way more stable than .103. Just trying to help. Think about it.
    02-20-09 10:38 PM
    I don't understand why people here defend the problems. You guys should be demanding more from these idiots for rushing this thing to market.
    02-20-09 10:40 PM
    haha, using a storm at midieval times? just had to point out the irony
    02-20-09 10:40 PM
    it started at .65, now we know there is 121... that is 56 OS builds in 3 months, and thats just the point that we know of on here! someone reported seeing a storm at a rim conference using .133! 56 builds in 3 months, i personally would not consider that dragging their feet
    02-20-09 10:42 PM
    I feel if you had these problems with the device why not return it? Personally I haven't had any of the mentioned problems with .99. I am just grateful these OSs have leaked and given us the opportunity to move beyond .75.

Windows Mobile is hardly a competitor even with 6.5 coming this year. The iPhone while a competitor still lacks functionality you get can on the Storm without jailbreaking or using leaked software. I think if you get the Storm the time that the iPhone has had to develop, you will see a superior all around device.

Also I believe you are talking about RIM...BlackBerry is the product.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't understand why people here defend the problems. You guys should be demanding more from these idiots for rushing this thing to market.
    "A sucker's born every minute..."

They may be idiots for rushing it but what does that say about those that are angry after purchasing?

I don't sit here saying it's flawless....nor is it really GREAT....but I deal with it and understand that maybe after about 6 months (like the curve) we'll finally hit the jackpot.
    mmm... like i said in another post.... people are NEVER content... then there would have been a million threads saying.... where is the promised storm... what is the hold up..... release it already....

we tend to be a very entitled people.
    6. Slacker app unstable

i LOL-ed.

1. don't know what's wrong with ur phone, i haven't had a reboot in 3 weeks and i have A TON of apps on it.
    2. don't use visual voicemail, think it's a waste of money
    3. again, A TON of apps and no probs there
    4. mine answers calls perfectly on .99
    5. no probs with my media player, i watch podcasts and listen to them all the time.
    6. slacker is a 3rd part app, not made by vzw or "BB" lol, it's only official for official firmwares anyways so y r u complaining?

next, BLACKBERRY IS NOT A COMPANY, IT'S RIM...

VZW doesn't make the firmware, it's (again) RIM

stop complaining when u run beta OS's

the iphone was a POS for the first half year to year with a bad and buggy OS so get ur facts straight.

lol remake it from scratch? if that's what u want then you'll be WAITING FOR EVEN LONGER THAN YOU R NOW...

i guess going from .75 to up to at least .106 isn't progress to u at all...

i think i've hit most of the points, can this thread to closed now or at least moved to the "i like to cry about everything forum"
    02-20-09 10:43 PM
    "A sucker's born every minute..."

They may be idiots for rushing it but what does that say about those that are angry after purchasing?

I don't sit here saying it's flawless....nor is it really GREAT....but I deal with it and understand that maybe after about 6 months (like the curve) we'll finally hit the jackpot.
    lol seriously, if u knew something was rushed to market AND had poor reviews, then y did u buy it?
    02-20-09 10:46 PM
    We all feel your frustration. I spent almost 600$ on my Storm...
    Im with ya...

The people building the OS's want to give you a great OS and as quickly as possible, they just want to make sure it's right before they release it.

Lets just make sure we don't take out our frustrations on the wrong people and slow down the leaks/official releases?
    02-20-09 10:46 PM
    haha, using a storm at midieval times? just had to point out the irony
    lol i know... more for showoff purposes ...lol guy next to me was bragging about his g1, kept quiet while he was talking. then bust out with the storm and started taking photos, video, facebook... that was pretty much the end of out conversation lol.
    02-20-09 11:12 PM
    I am not defending anyone, When the storm first came out I waited on it and wanted to see what it had to offer. I knew there were issues but i knew that the os that was released was not the final product so when the os leaks got bearable i went and picked mine up.

When you buy a device like this you have to understand that it is a new product and like all new products there are going to be bugs in the first models out. When the manufacturer catches up with them the device will perform as it should.

Whats worse is the people who are expecting too much when a little research would show the pros and cons of a device like this. If you didnt want unstable.. then return it within the first 30 and go get a curve. Tell me what phone has been launched that has been problem free... the over hyped iphone was bs when first launched and it was 2G at that. And windows mobile... lol i moved away from those because wireless sync was sucking the life out of my battery.. so pick your poison .. i picked mine and am going to ride this strom bandwagon out...
    02-20-09 11:21 PM
    I'm with the OP. I feel that the Storm really doesn't live up anywhere near its potential. The OS is a remanufactured version of a non-touchscreen device and is overall really lackluster. The only reason I stick with it is because I love Verizon service and the phone is one of the best all-in-one packages Verizon offers. Once they bring WebOS over to a Verizon Palm, I'm jumping ship.
    02-20-09 11:24 PM
    I'm with the OP. I feel that the Storm really doesn't live up anywhere near its potential. The OS is a remanufactured version of a non-touchscreen device and is overall really lackluster. The only reason I stick with it is because I love Verizon service and the phone is one of the best all-in-one packages Verizon offers. Once they bring WebOS over to a Verizon Palm, I'm jumping ship.
    By the time webOS makes it to Verizon, the Storm will be the well polished device you have been wanting. If assume also you will be dealing with a very young platform just as you are with the Storm which means same frustrations, that's what happens as an early adopter.

I think we put these developers in a terrible position. As consumers we want the best without the wait for it to mature properly. Seems to me the Storm could have been pushed back and the same general disappointment by some individuals would still be evident. They are in a lose lose situation with some.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry
    .com
    Last edited by robertmills; 02-20-09 at 11:34 PM.
    02-20-09 11:30 PM
    Also, from what we have been hearing from CX, the newer software versions are really good. The storm is getting there are will be amazing by the time the pre comes out
    02-20-09 11:34 PM
    I havent had much trouble besides the Accelerometer I am running .75.

You are lucky, I cant even upgrade unofficially, I have a Mac
    02-20-09 11:37 PM
    Saw the video in the pre looked pretty cool but looks can be deceiving plus without actually using it at hand it would be hard to judge how friendly it may seem. Could be another pain in the *** with horrible battery life with all of its gizmos and transitions. But anyways I'm liking my storm and am very excited about the next official OS that I feel will be arriving soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:42 PM
    .103 has give me so few problems as well as .99 As far as I am concerned, they could release either officially and I would be happy not that I am unhappy
    02-21-09 12:02 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD