I have really enjoyed this phone, but in the last 2 days I have had constant freezes with OS locking up, it usually happens when I am google chatting with someone.

I have to pull the battery out 6 times in the last 2 days, where before I have have only had to do it once. I have had my phone since Dec 08.

Is there fix? Is my phone dying?

What can I do fix the freezing problems?

Thanks for you help in advance.
    05-10-09 11:30 PM
    Over the last month, I too have found that my Storm freezes and I have to do a battery pull about every other day. Phone will ring or I'll get a message alert... I pull it from its holster... and that's when it freezes. I have been extremely careful lately to NOT push any buttons when I take it out of the holster. But, the problem persists. I"m gonna switch back to my curve soon!
    05-11-09 12:49 AM
    yep, those are some of my other issues too.

1 battery pull since Dec of 08.

Now 6 battery pulls in 2 days.

Verizon better hurry with an OS update, soon.

If Apple comes out with a 32 gig iphone in June, I am gone.
    05-11-09 12:52 AM
    I'm new to the Blackberry world and have had a Storm for about a week. I am tired of the freezing and waiting for the little hour glass (clock) to disappear so I can do something. It's very frustrating to not be able to answer a call because the phone is frozen.

I'm considering a switch to one of the Hybrid operating systems, but am a bit nervous about screwing around with that.
    05-11-09 09:55 AM
    I'm new to the Blackberry world and have had a Storm for about a week. I am tired of the freezing and waiting for the little hour glass (clock) to disappear so I can do something. It's very frustrating to not be able to answer a call because the phone is frozen.

I'm considering a switch to one of the Hybrid operating systems, but am a bit nervous about screwing around with that.
    the newer OS's will speed the phone up quite a bit, they are not perfect however. and there is zero chance you will brick your phone installing one. worst case is you will lose your data. but that would be rare
    05-11-09 10:04 AM
    Need more info. Current OS? Apps installed? What was the last app you installed and when?

Going from Dec with 1 battery pull to 6 in the past 2 days kinda indicates something recently changed.
    05-11-09 10:40 AM
    The fact that you've had the phone for several months, and it just suddenly started doing this says that it's probably something you installed recently. So, going along with what kuroshio said, what have you changed in the past couple days? Any new apps, or updates for apps? Based on what little attention I've paid, the facebook 1.5 app seems to be rife with problems.
    05-11-09 12:32 PM
    3rd party apps and/or themes are likely to blame.

I'd upgrade OS asap.
    05-11-09 02:16 PM
    I'm having the same issue on my 8330 (VZW) which I just upgraded to .138? There didn't seem to be any issues with the install; it went according to the directions I read off the forum.

Any thoughts?
    05-12-09 01:53 AM
    yep, those are some of my other issues too.

1 battery pull since Dec of 08.

Now 6 battery pulls in 2 days.

Verizon better hurry with an OS update, soon.

If Apple comes out with a 32 gig iphone in June, I am gone.
    Oooooh! Verizon is getting nervous now!
    05-12-09 01:55 AM
    Need more info. Current OS? Apps installed? What was the last app you installed and when?

Going from Dec with 1 battery pull to 6 in the past 2 days kinda indicates something recently changed.
    Current OS: .47
    Apps installed: the ones that came with the phone with the exception of Viigo. But that was weeks ago. Everything worked fine then.

But lately its been freezing alot more frequently.
    05-12-09 11:10 PM
    Current OS: .47
    Apps installed: the ones that came with the phone with the exception of Viigo. But that was weeks ago. Everything worked fine then.

But lately its been freezing alot more frequently.
    How about you tell us the right OS?

.47 never existed...

Go to Options > About

You'll see:

4.7.0.xx ( Platform 4.7.0.xx)

Tell us what is there...

Also, Go to Options > Memory

look at the "Application Free" section and tell us that number
    05-12-09 11:14 PM
    Also, hit Options > Advanced > Applications

Type everything on that list for us
    05-12-09 11:16 PM