Anyone else is in this situation? I pre-ordered like a week ago. My sales rep told me is system went down this morning. But it came back and and he was able to get my order in but the system went back down later on in the day. He did tell me that they sold something like 400,000 units. Damn!
    11-21-08 08:54 PM
    Didn't happen to me. I was able to order it and suppose to receive it tomorrow.
    11-21-08 09:36 PM
    I ordered one via tele-sales after my "Storm" was not booting up during set-up. The store manager apologized and stated that due to the up coming Holidays that both Fed-ex and UPS are refusing to do next day shipments. So all in all they are only able to promise shipment of Dec.5th at the earliest. Very disapointed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-08 10:08 PM
    I preordered yesterday morning from bestbuy just got an email a lil while ago saying the earliest my phone would ship is monday but no real gaurantee in the email im even getting one.
    11-21-08 10:10 PM
    Thats what it said about mine too. But yours and mine said will ship by 12/5 so that means it could be shipped before
    11-21-08 10:21 PM
    Verry verry verry late delay, dissapointed and very disorganized, the damn mafia would have handled this release better,

11-21-08 10:26 PM
    Verizon is really sucking on the customer service! I have been a happy verizon customer for the most part and have an 8830. I really want the Storm. I called this morning and decided to just order over the phone because I wanted to try and jump ahead of my upgrade schedule. My New in Two is Jan 22nd..I don't want to wait 2 months so I am willing to eat the $50 credit I would get in January BUT I also didn't think I should be paying the $400 full retail because I was trying to buy it early. If they are selling it fro $199 (after mail-in rebate) online, I should get that price. So the CSR at first said no..only can get it n ow for $400. I asked for a supervisor..said supervisor would tell me the same thing. When I INSISTED on speaking to someone above him, he finally relented and the supervisor did offer me the $199 price. Fine. gave him my order..it was in the 11am area of time. I had no idea of a noon cut off. I asked when I would get it, he said the 25th..so that was fine. He said a tracking number should be online that night or in the morning. I asked if I would get an email confirmation, he said no. Thought that was wierd.

So after reading posts here tonight, I called them back and asked if there was any tracking or order number. Well, lo and behold...the order did not get in the system until after 2pm so now it was delayed until december 5th!!! WTF! I told her it was ordered before Noon and she gave me "well, the manager had to approve it, blah blah) I PLACED IT WITH A SUPERVISOR!!!

SO I told her to just cancel it and I would check around the local stores. Well, they can't cancel it because she said it was already being sent out. I said you just told me it wasn't shipping for 2 weeks so why can't it be cancelled??? She said my only option was to refuse it and then it woudl be credited! again...WTF?? SO if I go to a store and happen to find one and buy it..I buy it twice and then have to wait until it arrives, refuse it and then wait for a credit. I am calling Amex to find out if this is really allowed! That is just rediculous!

This is really pisspoor customer service. I have been on Verizon for at least 4 years now with the same phone line..through my former company that bought us blackberries and then I eventually had it transferred to my own service...and they want me to pay full retail AND won;t credit me!

BS!!!!
    11-21-08 10:33 PM
    I was told the same thing: "you'll get it by the 5th" they kept saying. My guess is they have to say this to cover their a$$e$. I'm just going to keep checking in with them at the stores, especially on black friday. Who knows, maybe I'll strike gold!
    11-21-08 10:36 PM
    I still think that this is all being handled poorly. They push a phone so hard and then when people go to purchase their new phone they are all sold out and told to wait 2 weeks or longer.

11-21-08 10:40 PM
    Didn't happen to me. here in Los Angeles, everything went smoothly, and everyone was very nice and handled the situation perfectly. While waiting in line, the people let the people in line play with the phone and check it out.

My mom was like 50th in line, and the store only had 17... but they said I would get it tomorrow, I called and confirmed a few hours ago, and it has already been shipped and will get here tomorrow!
    11-21-08 10:49 PM
    For me..it is not just necessarily it is now 2 weeks delayed..but poor customer service. I should have received an email confirmation when I placed it...and not have to sit and wonder if the order was even placed. It feels very deceitful they didn't inform me it could be delayed if the order doesn't get in the system...and now to pull this BS that they cannot even cancel it even though there are no plans to ship until the 5th. I don't think they are allowed to even charge me until it ships..I am calling AMEX next. I plan to visit some local VZ stores tomorrow to see who has one..perhaps..I should have just ventured out today but had to work and thought the phone order option would be best..NOT!!! VZQ SUCKS still!!
    11-21-08 10:53 PM
    Chicago was a mess! Many stores only got 3 units. Went to costco & they had plenty! Good luck guys

11-21-08 10:54 PM
    I went into a Verizon store and ordered mine and was told that mine would arrive at my house on Nov.26th (Wednesday) and Nov.30th at the latest. So I may get lucky and not have to wait until the second day of December for mine to get here.
    11-21-08 11:05 PM
    the Verizon wireless page is now saying next shipments are the 15th...
    11-21-08 11:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD