So I know I have to be cautious about what I say here, seeing as though I don't want to get yelled at I also never really post, but I for some reason really feel the need to.

I understand why another storm is coming out. Great. Superb even. It does look pretty, and the WiFi going to be great times. I guess it just bums me out that I finally got the Storm 1 and I'm trying ever so hard to keep up with the leaks/hybrids/updates and so on and so on and scooby dooby doo bee...and out of nowhere comes a brandy new storm, all pretty and new like..when I can't even get an official OS update from Verizon. I'm not hatin' on RIM or VZW for any of these problems, they are no one's but my own. And I personally LOVE the storm on .148, so I'm not losing sleep. Just kinda like "oh...so a new storm 2 you say" as I look at my tweaked and leaked phone.

I'm assuming (and not so secretly hoping) there will be just as many glitches in the storm 2 as there were in the Storm 1. Or RIM will have perfected the touchscreen and the slow clap will commence.

I'm hoping for all that get the Storm 2 that you will have a fine time with it. ****, I'll most likely get it when my upgrade time rolls around. I can't wait to see what you all think of it honestly.

I just figured I'd give my opinion on the matter...hope I don't get yelled at!
    05-22-09 12:52 PM
    Its worth getting the storm 2, but not until its been out, tweaked, bug tested and most importantly cases and other accessories are available since they always fail to have them at the launch day.
    05-22-09 08:51 PM
    Or just wait until the storm 3 with RIMs current track record we'll probably see leaks around Christmas with a launch around February

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 09:48 PM

I'm assuming (and not so secretly hoping) there will be just as many glitches in the storm 2 as there were in the Storm 1.
    LOL. I can't say that I don't agree with you here. The only way to avoid this feeling would be if Verizon releases the same OS for the current Storm with the new model drops.
    05-22-09 10:37 PM
    So is RIM supposed to half production?

05-23-09 12:48 AM
    I agree third eye...if I got a new os for my current storm my mind will feel at ease...

I feel like storm one owners are the outcasts that rim doesn't want to play with at the park. :P

05-23-09 01:20 PM
    I wont be getting a storm two simply because i love the original storm 1 and its click functionality.

With the Storm 2 not clicking i will pass
    05-23-09 01:22 PM
    I wont be getting a storm two simply because i love the original storm 1 and its click functionality.

With the Storm 2 not clicking i will pass
    Can you give me any official data on the screen function and exactly what Truepress technology is? Not just speculation and guessing by people who have no even touched or seen the new Storm? I am not trying to be a **** but it's getting hard to see everyone assume they know this new version is going to suck just because they are frustrated with seeing a better version of their precious Storm is coming out...

Evolution is good... it makes things better over time... this include everything from phones, cars, and even the human race itself. :]
    05-23-09 02:14 PM
    Can you give me any official data on the screen function and exactly what Truepress technology is? Not just speculation and guessing by people who have no even touched or seen the new Storm? I am not trying to be a **** but it's getting hard to see everyone assume they know this new version is going to suck just because they are frustrated with seeing a better version of their precious Storm is coming out...

Evolution is good... it makes things better over time... this include everything from phones, cars, and even the human race itself. :]
    There was a video of the storm 2 and the screen didnt click
    05-23-09 11:52 PM
    There was a video of the storm 2 and the screen didnt click
    I though Surepress or whatever the call it was the thing they really like about the Storm with typing and stuff. No?
    05-24-09 12:15 AM
    I am just interested in finding out what the app memory will be like on this thing!
    05-24-09 12:42 AM
    I think the fact that I owned 2 touch screen phones in a row and didn't fully fully fully love either one of them. shows me that its time to just get a regular berry "tour" here I come. However I don't see my storm as a bad phone it actually is pretty dang slick just not into typing on a touch screen anymore... its quick but not quick enough.

I wouldn't worry about the storm 2 if your happy with your storm 1 I mean at the time of purchasing the storm 1 you were perfectly happy signing that contract for it
    05-24-09 03:25 AM
    I fail to see the point of this thread. This is like a car person buying the last year of a model and then complaining because they didnt' wait for the next year's better model to come around. SOmething comes out... a new and improved one comes along a short while after. That is called natural progression.
    05-24-09 09:13 AM
    I fail to see the point of this thread. This is like a car person buying the last year of a model and then complaining because they didnt' wait for the next year's better model to come around. SOmething comes out... a new and improved one comes along a short while after. That is called natural progression.
    Correct. It happens with everything. I'm not sure what the big deal is as it's common knowledge that products get updated, usually around 12 months. But your analogy was dead on. There will always be a newer better device around the corner. Always. You get what you get because you like it. If you want the newer one, get it. But don't complain because there's something newer....
    05-24-09 09:20 AM
    Its common sense that new technology is always comin out and most the time
    It is obsolete within two months....but it doesn't mean we all have to be floormats and
    Let everyone walk all over us either!

05-24-09 09:47 AM
    the reality is the new storm is not out and they may be an os update before it does. and the two versions do not look that differnet. if the os update fixes the issues, they phones may perform very similiar.
    05-24-09 10:04 AM
    I posted this on another thread also.....
    When the Co-CEO of RIM says, paraphrasing "We really messed this one up", and "this is the new reality", I do feel like we are entitled to a device that works as described when they pitched the phone. I am still waiting for the Storm to perform like lewis Hamilton did in the first commercials out on the product. I don't think it would be unreasonable to offer $100/$150 credit off of full retail. VZW is caught holding the bag here, sucks for them, but thats the price of doing business. Technology is always moving forward, but a device should work, without having to load a leaked or hybrid O/S, to make it somewhat stable. I know some will say, the phone does work, and yes it does, but not all the features are reliable and I think that's where the rub lies with me. I want to be able to take a picture, switch to video and then attach it to a e-mail without the phone locking up. Is that too much to ask for apps that RIM loade on the device?
    05-24-09 01:12 PM
    I posted this on another thread also.....
    When the Co-CEO of RIM says, paraphrasing "We really messed this one up", and "this is the new reality", I do feel like we are entitled to a device that works as described when they pitched the phone. I am still waiting for the Storm to perform like lewis Hamilton did in the first commercials out on the product. I don't think it would be unreasonable to offer $100/$150 credit off of full retail. VZW is caught holding the bag here, sucks for them, but thats the price of doing business. Technology is always moving forward, but a device should work, without having to load a leaked or hybrid O/S, to make it somewhat stable. I know some will say, the phone does work, and yes it does, but not all the features are reliable and I think that's where the rub lies with me. I want to be able to take a picture, switch to video and then attach it to a e-mail without the phone locking up. Is that too much to ask for apps that RIM loade on the device?
    +1!!! I agree totally. People keep trying to compare this to other devices and electronics. Point is THIS PHONE HAS NEVER WORKED LIKE ITS SUPPOSED TO FROM DAY ONE AND CANNOT BE IGNORED BY VZW OR RIM!!!!
    05-24-09 02:03 PM
    But the Storm2 does not appear to be much different AT ALL from Storm1... just barely.

The "guts" of the thing will likely be much the same, the screen is somewhat different... but is that it.

So it's basically a Storm1 with a software update?

This is good news! Surely, Storm1 will enjoy a similar upgrade. The click screen is fine with me.. just make it all work correctly, and it's a great phone.
    05-24-09 02:24 PM
    But the Storm2 does not appear to be much different AT ALL from Storm1... just barely.

The "guts" of the thing will likely be much the same, the screen is somewhat different... but is that it.

This is good news! Surely, Storm1 will enjoy a similar upgrade. The click screen is fine with me.. just make it all work correctly, and it's a great phone.
    But isn't that we want?
    05-24-09 02:40 PM

this is kind of the way I look at it. People are running around saying that they forgot about storm 1. That's a completely false rumor. The storm 1 is not a bad phone and honestly I prefer the click screen I actually think it was extremely innovative for a touch screen and works well.

Even though I am getting the tour my storm will stay in the arsenal as a media device when I want to tool around on it for a weekend or something.

I remember when the hype started building for the storm one and people were screaming about how bad they wanted the phone and they didn't care if the OS wasn't done yet they just wanted the phone in there hands.

If you didn't want the storm 1 you shouldn't have spent the money on it

The sad thing is before anyone new any information about the storm 2 these same people were talking about how they couldn't wait for a new os. The new OS isn't even here yet and its time to complain about a new phone coming out..

I don't know I think people jump to fast to assumptions and just assuming that the new phone means there leaving the old phone in the dust is a pretty bad assumption.
    05-24-09 02:50 PM
    Its worth getting the storm 2, but not until its been out, tweaked, bug tested and most importantly cases and other accessories are available since they always fail to have them at the launch day.
    With that I do agree.................
    I am waithing to see what Win Mo devices will be coming out as well.
    Good chance I will stay with BB but ya never know.
    Iphone is never an option
    That will kkep the flames away from me
    05-24-09 02:51 PM
    Correct. It happens with everything. I'm not sure what the big deal is as it's common knowledge that products get updated, usually around 12 months. But your analogy was dead on. There will always be a newer better device around the corner. Always. You get what you get because you like it. If you want the newer one, get it. But don't complain because there's something newer....

I agree but this wasn't 12 mos. though so I can see why a lot of people
    might feel slighted if one comes out say next month or the month after.
    With App3g coming and the Palm Pre. Maybe they will wait.
    05-24-09 02:55 PM
    I agree but this wasn't 12 mos. though so I can see why a lot of people
    might feel slighted if one comes out say next month or the month after.
    With App3g coming and the Palm Pre. Maybe they will wait.
    But it's not out. And until it's out, people can't say anything one way or the other. They are prematurely getting mad because "Storm 1 hasn't been a year", but Storm 2 is also not out.... So they can't use that argument.
    05-24-09 02:59 PM
    But it's not out. And until it's out, people can't say anything one way or the other. They are prematurely getting mad because "Storm 1 hasn't been a year", but Storm 2 is also not out.... So they can't use that argument.
    I am with u on that. People are getting all upset over something that is not released.
    05-24-09 03:01 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD