Im hope this thread will be helpful but after purchasing MerterBerry (Which I highly recommend, it is a great app) I did some work on minimizing my memory leak. I am running .122 currently and my memory leak is basically non-existant. The phone has been running solid for 3 days with no battery pull or reset of any kind and I have only lost 5.6 MB of memory. I boot up with 43MB. These are the apps I have on the phone.

Theme
    Went back to the stock theme from Ecruz's Android theme, which definatly reduced the memory leak, I assume the theme leaked so bad due to the today feature which was really buggy.

Apps
    Meterberry
    Weatherbug (updated set to hourly)
    VyMail
    Google Maps (Latitude Disabled**)
    Poynt
    Shazam
    YouTube
    Bartender Pro
    Pandora
    App World
    Google Talk
    AIM
    Facebook
    Tiltris
    Berry Labyrith
    Solytare
    Flight path
    Brickbreak
    WordMole
    Contact
    Calendar
    Browser
    Camera
    Video Camera
    Maps
    Media
    Calulator
    Google Notebook (Launcher*)
    Google Taks (Launcher*)
    TD Bank (Launcher*)
    Wikipedia (Launcher*)
    ESPN (Launcher*)
    Google Reader (Launcher*)
    Twitter (Launcher*)

*Replaced a lot of apps with launchers to increase app memory
    **With Latitude enabled memory leak is significant
    04-29-09 10:05 AM
    So did you remove any apps because you noiced a memory leak?
    04-29-09 10:12 AM
    I am wondering the same thing. For you to have that many apps and go three days with only losing 5.6 mb of memory is strange. If you don't mind me asking, can you recall how much you used your phone?
    04-29-09 10:17 AM
    impressive
    04-29-09 10:17 AM
    All those aps, with no leak and getting 43MB? Wholly smokes... Although I am still running .109, I have very few aps and lose half my memory just looking at my phone!
    04-29-09 10:20 AM
    I use it frequently. I cant recal everything I have done but in the past three days it has been on I have:
    • Made and received various phone calls/SMS/Emails
    • Used Google maps
    • Played Flight Path and Solytare
    • Web browse (twitter, crackberry, google reader, etc)
    • Weatherbug has been running the whole time
    • Facebook updates
    • Used VYMail to get voice mail

Thats about all I can rember. I always make sure and close out my apps when Im done. And i run the memory cleaner every so often. The only app I removed due to memory issues was Viigo (i just use google reader instead now) and I had to stop using GoogleLattitude.

Also I forgot to mention I am running TalkLock as well.
    04-29-09 10:24 AM
    That is very impressive. Especially since Weatherbug has been running the entire time.
    04-29-09 10:27 AM
    VERY IMPRESSIVE. I start out at about 26.6, and by the end of the day I'll be under 10. SUCKS!
    04-29-09 10:52 AM
    Jeez I start out with 21MB and within 30 minutes I am usually down to 5-6mb.
    04-30-09 03:14 AM
    Anyone else going to try this. See if it works.

Whats difference with Viigo and Google reader.

I have viigo you see but hardly use it.
    04-30-09 03:32 AM
    I have similar results wih 132 and running E's Win 7 theme.

So, I wouldn't worry about putting Android back on.

I cycle between 44 and 35 (ended yesterday at 39mb at 10pm) and have a few BIG apps loaded on top of the type of apps you are running (Garmin. Docs2Go and Tetherberry)

Meterberry
    Weatherbug
    VyMail
    Opera
    Garmin
    Tetherberry
    Beanreader
    Quick Launch
    Facebook 1.5
    ScanR
    Soft Reset
    Instamapper
    Vlingo
    BBFile Scout
    StormYahtzee
    BubbleArmy
    Tiltris
    AppWorld
    Google Sync
    stormLock
    E's Win OS 7 Limited Theme

Last edited by nightfishing; 04-30-09 at 07:45 AM.
    04-30-09 07:40 AM
    And i run the memory cleaner every so often.
    Shouldn't be necessary with 122 or 132.

The OS does a much better job and recovering memory on it's own. If you get down "low" open up an app (I use weatherbug) and see what happenes ;-)
    04-30-09 07:45 AM
    That is amazing! Wish I could do the same with less.......
    04-30-09 09:52 AM
    Anyone else going to try this. See if it works.

Whats difference with Viigo and Google reader.

I have viigo you see but hardly use it.
    Google reader is just a web based RSS reader. At work I go to Google.com/Reader and have all my RSS feeds (Crackberry, Engadget, Gizmodo, etc) in it, then when as I read each article it is removed from the list. This way whether I'm at home, work, college, etc all my read and unread articles are synced. On the storm you can just go to google.com/reader/m (I think) you can view all of your feeds there (you have to set them up on a PC first). The interface could be nicer but it saves alot of app room. So I just downloaded the Blackberry launcher for it (as well as a bunch of other sites) from edlindustries.com.

I have been tring to replace as much as I can with web launchers to conserve app memory and seems to be working so far.
    04-30-09 10:04 AM
    I use Google reader, also. Viigo has always seemed utterly worthless to me without a proper way to read articles when you are not on your bb. (Marking thousands of articles READ twice kinda defeats the purpose of a newsreader LOL)
    04-30-09 10:14 AM
    fyi..I narrowed down my memory leak cause to message peek.. I usually went from 30 -10 within a few hours.

Gave that new berrypopup a try and removed message peek. I've been stable at 30mb a few days now. btw highly recommend berrypopup.
    04-30-09 11:29 AM
    I use it frequently. I cant recal everything I have done but in the past three days it has been on I have:
    • Made and received various phone calls/SMS/Emails
    • Used Google maps
    • Played Flight Path and Solytare
    • Web browse (twitter, crackberry, google reader, etc)
    • Weatherbug has been running the whole time
    • Facebook updates
    • Used VYMail to get voice mail

Thats about all I can rember. I always make sure and close out my apps when Im done. And i run the memory cleaner every so often. The only app I removed due to memory issues was Viigo (i just use google reader instead now) and I had to stop using GoogleLattitude.

Also I forgot to mention I am running TalkLock as well.
    Have you tried using the camera? I always seem to get a horrible memory leak if I use the camera for about 10-20 minutes. My memory will drop all the way down to zero at times and reset the phone, it's crazy.

- Charlie
    05-20-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD