Just thought I'd share. My phone is having some serious issues that appear to occur intermittently so I took it into the store 2 or 3 days ago and it began working immediately after she did a batt. pull (of course), but it didn't fix the issues. I took it back in today and she went through the painful process of getting one ordered. She was on the phone with *661 CS for ~10 minutes. They were not able to find a warehouse w/ the units in stock, but they are going to continue looking.

Anyway, one of my major issues is the battery wont charge if it is acting up, so she gives me two extra (total of 3) batteries to hold onto until I get my phone. She was really awesome and was intent on making sure that I was taken care of, even though I am past my 30 days! Incredible!
    01-08-09 03:52 PM
    I dont understand this at all... They HAVE NEW UNITS in stock. Why couldnt they just give you one of those, and not a white or brown box unit? You do have till Jan 15th for the new excahnge correct?
    01-08-09 03:56 PM
    I dont understand this at all... They HAVE NEW UNITS in stock. Why couldnt they just give you one of those, and not a white or brown box unit? You do have till Jan 15th for the new excahnge correct?
    No, they didn't have any -- I asked; plus I would like to take my chances at getting one of the "newer" ones (newer manufacturing date) that people seem to think are better made. Aside from which, my first replacement did not come in a white or brown box unit. It was in OEM packaging with all of the same accessories.
    01-08-09 04:00 PM
    No, they didn't have any -- I asked; plus I would like to take my chances at getting one of the "newer" ones (newer manufacturing date) that people seem to think are better made. Aside from which, my first replacement did not come in a white or brown box unit. It was in OEM packaging with all of the same accessories.
    I know they have new ones... trust me. I have one that is shipping to me overnight. Your getting a brown box unit (FRU). That is what they are looking for.
    01-08-09 04:03 PM
    You sound so certain of it, but to be honest -- I don't think they are organized or prepared enough to predict what people are going to get. I believe that all the people on the phone (*661) do is call around to warehouses to see which ones have storms in stock. I don't think they know whether the warehouses have FRU units or w/e.... wait a minute..

Ya know what, you may have a point. I don't know I'm really tired and hungry. But I'm going to remain optomistic that my local CS lady at the store is going to make sure that I get a proper phone.

I sure hope that isn't their new system though, but you may very well indeed be correct. We'll see.
    01-08-09 04:16 PM
    To be sure... id call a CSR yourself at *611. If they dont send you a new one, hang up and call back. Youll eventually get someone who will send you one. I know for a fact they have them in stock... I hate to see you be burned... Which is why I am telling you. Im not saying brown box units are bad... but most prefer brand new units - same as they recieved the first one they bought. And users who are still in the 30 day window SHOULD be entitled to a choice of what they recieve. VZW is ONLY out of stock on FRU models at the moment.
    01-08-09 04:29 PM
    My replacement phone was brown box and I'm very happy with it. Screen click is very nice and no dust so far. Build date 12-24-2008. Now I hope I didn't jinx myself. lol
    01-08-09 05:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD