I bought a storm at the end of January. A very short time later, it started to malfunction .[flickering screen] Call tech support, and it was decided to be replaced it …..new phone came I sent the old one back the same day I got it the new one it arrived in their workouts in Fort Worth, Texas on Friday, two days later, yesterday I received a bill from Verizon for the cost of the new phone. After talking to four different representatives, each one given a different answer Different explanation for this bill all of them explaining that this bill should be paid I feel that I’ve been misled… deceived…I feel that Verizon has done something that was fraudulent, that im now paying for a second phone out of my own pocket, with no real explanation as to if or when it will be reimbursed this is what it means by 30 day guarantee I feel like I’ve been screwed
    02-24-09 08:39 PM
    What were their reasons that you have to pay?
    02-24-09 08:43 PM
    Something is not right. Call back and askfor a supervised.
    CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 08:43 PM
    im sorry to hear about your issue. and no1 explained to you exactly why you were paying for that equipment? you have 1yr mfg warranty if something happens to the ph w/o add'l ins from verizon.
    02-24-09 08:46 PM
    That's BS! Call back, raise ****, and don't hang up until they fix it. If they sent you a replacement, it's out of their pocket, not your's. Not to mention it should have been replaced under warranty.
    02-24-09 08:47 PM
    Also, was it within your 30 days? Did you return the old phone within 10 days by Fed Ex? Did you keep your reciept?

Call a supervisor..they are opened until 11pm.
    02-24-09 08:48 PM
    It is the policy of Verizon Wireless to place a hold on your account for the price of the phone until the phone you are sending back is in fact received. The charge can take up to 3 months to be taken off your account, but it is usually done much faster. You only need to pay the portion of your bill that reflects data and usage.

Not sure why none of the reps explained this to you, but they should have.
    02-24-09 08:51 PM
    I was told when I had to replace my phone that this could happen and when I asked about it I was told its basically an insurance policy to make sure I sent in the old phone and once the phone was received it would be taken off my bill. So the only thing about your situation that sounds different from mine is verizon's inability to give you an adequate explanation

Last edited by Stormin2day; 02-24-09 at 09:02 PM.
    02-24-09 08:59 PM
    It is the policy of Verizon Wireless to place a hold on your account for the price of the phone until the phone you are sending back is in fact received. The charge can take up to 3 months to be taken off your account, but it is usually done much faster. You only need to pay the portion of your bill that reflects data and usage.

Not sure why none of the reps explained this to you, but they should have.
    Exactly. Caught me by surprise at first also when I saw my account was billed for $280 one day, but it was quickly debited back within a week.
    02-24-09 09:04 PM
    thanks guys. I’m just frustrated with the whole thing I know it workout in the end I’m going to go for a walk and cool off
    Last edited by big joe; 02-24-09 at 09:19 PM.
    02-24-09 09:16 PM
    I was told when I had to replace my phone that this could happen and when I asked about it I was told its basically an insurance policy to make sure I sent in the old phone and once the phone was received it would be taken off my bill. So the only thing about your situation that sounds different from mine is verizon's inability to give you an adequate explanation

I have never replaced a phone through CS but I have done two wireless modems and I was told about this BUT I was told this only happens if I didn't send the other one back within the ten days. If I did get it, the charge would be removed (may take up to 3 billing cycles).

To the OP: something is fishy talk to a supervisor ASAP.
    03-01-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD