Oh my people... you've taken this the wrong way...

The whole point WAS that THEY only want the phone because they think it's cool, and know nothing about it. And they are being childish by thinking that it'll make them cool if they get it before me... the fact that they are being so childish is what makes me mad... not the actual fact that they are getting the phone. I'm 18, they are 18 and 19 years old, and the fact that they have the "oooooooooh he got teh hologram pokecard too but I got it first so I WIN HA!" mentality is what makes me mad.

I've actually spent time looking and "researching" this phone, comparing it to the iPhone, G1, and the HTC Touch Pro, so as to make an informed decision on which phone to drop my cash on. Hope this helps clear up the OP a little... I re-read it and it did come off as kiddish... but that wasn't my point.
    What does an 18 year old need with any of "the" phones you've been looking at anyway. At 18 you should be trying to get laid-not poncing around about phones. Btw, and not to sound "kiddish", what is your point?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 04:21 PM
    What does an 18 year old need with any of "the" phones you've been looking at anyway. At 18 you should be trying to get laid-not poncing around about phones. Btw, and not to sound "kiddish", what is your point?

I don't have to worry about TRYING to get laid, I have a girlfriend, so it's not like I'm struggling to get some.

You don't need to know my reasons for needing the phone. I just want the damn thing. I want it for all the same reasons you people want it, thats why I came the this damn forum to get more information. Put two and two together. And don't worry about my point anymore. It doesn't matter. I just wanted to post something different than the "OMG I TOUCHED THE STORM" and "NEW VIDEO WITH STORM IN IT" threads.
    11-19-08 04:26 PM
    You cant be surprised by the situation though, you know people always bad mouth things they really want...but because u said it first they bad mouth it....i get what ur saying but its no big deal....whenu get the phone just tell them how awful it is
    Who does that? 10 year olds! Because they don't want someone else to have it first. Childish! I've been telling them for months how this phone was going to be the best phone on the market, listing off features, the "clickable" screen. I'm not bad-mouthing it so they won't get it.
    11-19-08 04:28 PM
    Isn't America land of the free home of the brave or something like that? If he wants to get a phone that he has properly researched, just like you "adults" have what is the problem? Well done OP! Your friends have taste.
    11-19-08 04:29 PM
    I don't have to worry about TRYING to get laid, I have a girlfriend, so it's not like I'm struggling to get some.

You don't need to know my reasons for needing the phone. I just want the damn thing. I want it for all the same reasons you people want it, thats why I came the this damn forum to get more information. Put two and two together. And don't worry about my point anymore. It doesn't matter. I just wanted to post something different than the "OMG I TOUCHED THE STORM" and "NEW VIDEO WITH STORM IN IT" threads.
    Translation:

Look dad I wanted to frikkin post something for once and feel important! SOMETIMES I WISH I'D NEVER BEEN BORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-19-08 04:31 PM
    Isn't America land of the free home of the brave or something like that? If he wants to get a phone that he has properly researched, just like you "adults" have what is the problem? Well done OP! Your friends have taste.
    11-19-08 04:34 PM
    I can't stop reading this trainwreck
    11-19-08 04:35 PM
    haha wow, how old are you?
    Seriously! Get over it! Sounds like high school drama, no wait... middle school drama.
    11-19-08 04:36 PM
    really? wow...
    11-19-08 04:37 PM
    dude.. where's my car?
    11-19-08 04:39 PM
    you know what this calls for ....

Mr. GPStorm, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

This makes me laugh every time..
    11-19-08 04:45 PM
    I can't believe this thread made it past 10 posts
    11-19-08 04:47 PM
    This thread could be a new show on Bravo. It could come on right after Real Housewives. I know I'd tune in.

11-19-08 04:47 PM
    haha wow, how old are you?
    HAHHAHA....sorry to add to the flaming, but ..... HHAHAHAHAHA
    11-19-08 04:53 PM
    I'm 18, they are 18 and 19 years old, and the fact that they have the "oooooooooh he got teh hologram pokecard too but I got it first so I WIN HA!" mentality is what makes me mad.
    What exactly is a pokecard? Is that what the young people are calling comic book cards these days?
    11-19-08 04:57 PM
    Seriously. So here's the situation:

I've been talking about this phone FOREVER... how I planned on getting it the moment it comes out, you know the whole business, I'm sure many of you have been saying the same things to your friends and family.

Well about a week ago, one of my good friends who has not said one word about the Storm up til now (didn't even know the name of the phone, when it was coming out, all he knew is that I was getting it) was talking to my other friend, and he says he's gonna get that new BlackBerry phone. My other friend says "You know Garrett (thats me) is getting that one right? He's been talking about it forever." So the other guy goes "Yeah. I don't care, I'll make sure I'll get it before him." Seriously... its not the fact that he'll have the phone or that he wants it, just how he thinks its important to have it before me. That's dumb. But im not dumb... <---- Didn't mean to put that, but I'll leave for comical purposes.

Friend #1 (the one who said "You know Garrett is getting...") texted me this morning and said "Guess what". I said what. He says "I think im going to get the Storm now. Its damn cool!" Again, it doesnt make me mad that he's going to have the same phone I am, it's just that just a week ago he was bad mouthing the other guy for wanting the same phone I did, and for saying he was going to get it before me. I just don't understand people sometimes... But anyways, I'll have my BB Storm on Friday, so I'm not worried about them.
    Then what happened?

linger longer
    11-19-08 04:58 PM
    lol seriously, i could care less if my friends had the same phone as me. I only care if i have the phone that i need to fit my needs.

grow up kid.
    11-19-08 05:02 PM
    11-19-08 05:07 PM
    I am still rolling on the floor. I keep coming back to this thread because it's hysterical!

I think Garetta needs to put more mascara on because her face is such a mess after all these greattttttt responses.

I think GPStorm needs to run and hide and re-create a new User ID, becuase she will never live this down.

PS - Ohhh and we are so glad she is getting laid...what's his name?
    11-19-08 05:08 PM
    Again, it doesnt make me mad that he's going to have the same phone I am, it's just that just a week ago he was bad mouthing the other guy for wanting the same phone I did, and for saying he was going to get it before me. I just don't understand people sometimes... But anyways, I'll have my BB Storm on Friday, so I'm not worried about them.
    You think that's bad? My 48 year old friends are gonna go out and get a Storm on Friday too! And they didn't even ask me if it was OK with me!! They are just trying to be soooo much cooler than me.

Maybe I'll buy a car just to make em jealous.
    11-19-08 05:08 PM
    Wait, is this the new Storm?! How did this puppy get it before me?

11-19-08 05:16 PM
    Wait, is this the new Storm?! How did this puppy get it before me?

He's holding it all wrong! Waste of a perfectly good touch screen.
    11-19-08 07:47 PM
    Been racking my brains as to who the OP reminded me of

Oh yeah:

11-19-08 08:21 PM
    This confirms it... definitely the same guy as the OP:

11-19-08 08:24 PM
    you know what this calls for ....

Mr. GPStorm, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    completely made my day. actually, this entire thread did.
    11-19-08 09:01 PM
99 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD