ok how about if let say i went to some remote country and have my phone sim unlock . . . i would still be able to us it right..? but not in US or should i say Country with Verizon service . . . Sorry im planing to go back Home to Philippines this summer and planing to have my phone unlock and giving it to my bro when i leave to back to US. . . i think they only have GSM Network over there but not sure . . .
    Last edited by slicccknut; 03-06-09 at 01:42 PM.
    03-06-09 01:39 PM
    Yea man keep it and tell ur friend good job on finding it.... W/E dude take it back what if u lost ur phone would u want that person to bring it back to u?... I know I would gezzzzzz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 01:50 PM
    LOL Damn guys...
    03-06-09 01:58 PM
    Tell him to return it to the Store. That would be appreciated.
    03-06-09 02:04 PM
    You go Cali Girl. You can back me up anytime.
    And I'll... back her up any time...
    03-06-09 02:11 PM
    You're a tool.
    Last edited by CrackBerry Storm meh; 03-06-09 at 02:17 PM.
    ur a LOSER. straight up. only someone with NO integrity or class would steal someones phone. and yes, it is considered stealing when you do not take all the reasonable measures to give it back. and i find it hard to believe that someone who takes shortcuts at others' expense would consider themselves a "hard worker"

you don't have to be careless or not give a f*k about your belongings in order to lose your phone. maybe it fell out of his pocket, maybe his girlfriend(who probably looks much better than your wife...usually attractive women with class aren't into your type) was using it and left it behind. or maybe he DID set it down, and accidentally left it behind. it's not hard to do, especially when there are poorly raised inbred SCUMBAGS like yourself around ready to pick up other peoples belongings at any given moment, not even giving the owner enough time to run back and get it. damn greedy broke f*ckers!! (because regardless of the "hard work" they do, they still cant make enough money to not have to steal from others..or better yet..to buy CLASS!)

i feel sorry for your wife.
    I cannot agree more with this statement. This kind of response gives me reason to put a little faith in humanity.
    I find it pretty upsetting that when I get on these forums this is still one of the top posts. We get it your "friend" is a ******. And no he cannot connect it. How many other colorful ways can we put it? I really hope this post gets deleted or closed asap.
    03-06-09 02:12 PM
    I find it pretty upsetting that when I get on these forums this is still one of the top posts. We get it your "friend" is a ******. And no he cannot connect it. How many other colorful ways can we put it? I really hope this post gets deleted or closed asap.
    If you don't want the post to remain on top don't you think it would make sense not to respond to it?
    03-06-09 02:17 PM
    Gotta a little story for you OP.

I happened to get my phone stolen. I was at my basketball game and it was stolen right out of my gym bag.

Afterwards, I figured out it got sold on craigslist and ebay multiple times (up to 4).

Well long and behold the phone finally wound up into a great persons hands. He tried to activate it but Verizon wouldnt let him because it was blacklisted. I had already gotten a replacement and this guy really didn't do anything wrong.

All he did was buy the phone on craigslist and traded off his iPhone and $80. So he was in a bad situation.

Well, I felt bad for the guy and appreciated him calling to try to return it. So what did I do? I called Verizon and got them to take the IMEI off of the blacklist.

Moral of the story...Good things happen to people who do good.

Good luck to your "friend" and/or your decision you choose to make.
    03-06-09 02:17 PM
    - 100s of ways. We are just angry about someone helping someone who steals a blackberry and has the nerve to ask us how to change it to being theirs.
    03-06-09 02:20 PM
    Not that I condone this @ all but after 8-12 months the phone will no longer be blacklisted so he can wait that long. but for all of that he might as well return it.
    03-06-09 02:22 PM
    1) OP and "friend" have no ethics whatsoever.

2) thread should probably be closed.

3) did i mention OP and "friend" deserve whatever Karma dishes out to them?
    03-06-09 02:31 PM
    You and your friend need to be donkey punched. Quit acting like a liberal. It is not your phone. You are not entitled to it. You do not deserve it. Have some fiber and return the phone.
    03-06-09 02:46 PM
    WTF? Why does this ever become a question that should be asked? Why can't people do the right thing and return it to the store so the person who payed for it can get it back? If your friend wants the Storm bad enough to practically steal it, why not just buy the damn thing?
    Hey may as well just steal it right out of the store, since that's basically what he did already. Except what he did is actually worse, since now the person whose phone is gone has to find a way to restore all his contacts, media, or potentially-compromised data that was never intended to get into the hands of another random individual. Not to mention he has no phone and is out whatever the cost is to replace it.

Interesting story: A friend of mine was witness to an iPod being stolen by a room-mate of his at a party one time. A few days later, my friend nabbed the stolen iPod and returned it to its rightful owner. Any decent individual would do the same in a similar situation.
    Last edited by mdude85; 03-06-09 at 02:54 PM.
    03-06-09 02:52 PM
    I am astonished thatitks even gotten this far...put yourself in the shoes of the person that lost that phone...your "friend" is a putz...what a loser. What is wrong with people these days????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 02:57 PM
    Karma is a biznitch, period. Alot of people don't believe in karma til it bites them in the ***. I for one am a strong believer in karma, and when it comes for the OP or his "friend", it's not going to be anything nice.
    03-06-09 03:27 PM
    Calm down

I really dont care if he connects it or not, he wanted me to ask here so i did. Looks like he has a pretty paperweight now. Thanks for the replies
    He has a paperweight and a felony if he's caught.
    03-06-09 03:41 PM
    1.) There is no such thing as karma. Whats going to happen will happen and anyone that actually believes otherwise is either naive, ignorant, or poorly educated in how the world actually works. The universe does not care if youre good or bad.

2.) Phones are lost/stolen every day. Anyone here ACTUALLY know of someone that has had the cops show up at their door for trying to activate a phone? Yeah.... The police have better things to worry about and Verizon doesnt give a sh** if you lost your phone. I've lost a couple and guess what they said they could do for me? Nothing. A felony for finding a lost phone?? Riiiiiiight.... Thats NOT going to happen.

3.) Most of you are hipocrites who download(steal) music/video/software/etc on a regular basis. If RIM released a perfect OS5.0 for your storm today but tacked on a $50 fee, you would all download it for free without concern if someone here posted a link to a pirated copy.
    Last edited by tucker_dahlin; 03-06-09 at 07:06 PM.
    03-06-09 07:02 PM
    It is just wrong to keep the phone, plain and simple! I hope he gets gonorrhea for being dishonest
    03-06-09 07:26 PM
    I was thinking if the owner will be one of us in here?
    03-06-09 07:42 PM
    Anyone have a legal citation for keeping lost property and being charged with theft? We can argue the moral and ethical issues, but I don't think there are legal ones.

Secondly, what would become of a lost Storm which was recovered and returned to a Verizon store? If it is my phone, I have already reported it lost and filed my insurance claim. What happens to the returned phone. Would Verizon learn that it would belong to Assurion. Could that phone be returned and reused by Assurion.

Or would it just head to the cell phone cemetery?

b.b.
    03-06-09 07:57 PM
    Rooster punch your friend in the back of the neck and then break his thumbs.....now he has no reason for a BB......Problem solved !

03-06-09 08:23 PM
    Rooster punch your friend in the back of the neck and then break his thumbs.....now he has no reason for a BB......Problem solved !

what is a rooster punch? google doesnt know either. is that like a donkey punch?
    03-06-09 08:31 PM
    what is a rooster punch? google doesnt know either. is that like a donkey punch?
    ROFLMFAO!!!!
    03-06-09 08:37 PM
161 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD