i bet you found it and dont want to give it back
    03-06-09 01:24 AM
    your "friend" is a Dbag.
    your kind of a Dbag for posting this....
    03-06-09 01:32 AM
    Ehh. Whatever. Can't change the world and it's up to your friend to do what he wants.

But don't come here on a help forum and ask for help with something that, in my eyes, is illegal. It's pretty much like finding a set of BMW keys, and going into the parking lot to drive the car home as if it was your own. You know full well the intent of the owner was not to dispose of the phone, and they do want it back.

Maybe someone could clarify also...I think if you try to use the phone for personal use, it could fall under theft of services.

So just end your membership now, because I am going to guess you are not going to get much help with anything at all here as most people don't condone idiots and their ways.

If it was in a trash can, then maybe a different story. But on a bench in a Dave and Buster's pretty much says the party was having a good time, and simply forgot the phone.
    Last edited by stevetim; 03-06-09 at 01:44 AM.
    03-06-09 01:41 AM
    I dont understand why all of you care so much, and I KNOW some of you are hypoocrites. Yeah, if he stole it he's prob an untrustworthy person. If he found it and thought maybe he'd try to activate it, then it says a little something about his character. BUT, Id be willing to bet that many of you posting here would have considered the same thing if you were still waiting to get a storm and thought it would work. Would you all rush to the nearest police station and happily turn in $200 in cash, too, if you found it in the street? Probably not...
    03-06-09 01:44 AM
    wow that took about 20 mins to read. haha very entertaining.

but yeah... the lost/found/stolen blackberry storm is useless.
    03-06-09 01:50 AM
    I am not saying that what he did is right, i personally wanted him to take it to the VZW store but he is NOT doing it. For those saying its me, its not i have my Bold and i would never use a storm (dont like it) ever. Im not going to beg him to take it back and i really dont care what he does with it, thats all him. He asked me to post this here and i did it, woopty doo if you think im a bad person its the internet fellas.
    03-06-09 02:08 AM
    Calm down

I really dont care if he connects it or not, he wanted me to ask here so i did. Looks like he has a pretty paperweight now. Thanks for the replies
    umm.. it's not a paperweight yet.. it's a mp3/media player with 9gigs of memory.. upgradeable too. LOL.
    03-06-09 02:44 AM
    I dont understand why all of you care so much, and I KNOW some of you are hypoocrites. Yeah, if he stole it he's prob an untrustworthy person. If he found it and thought maybe he'd try to activate it, then it says a little something about his character. BUT, Id be willing to bet that many of you posting here would have considered the same thing if you were still waiting to get a storm and thought it would work. Would you all rush to the nearest police station and happily turn in $200 in cash, too, if you found it in the street? Probably not...
    Beleive it or not, there are still a lot of folks who have morals and integrity. It sounds like you have no morals and integrity only when it's necessary.
    03-06-09 03:50 AM
    Calm down

I really dont care if he connects it or not, he wanted me to ask here so i did. Looks like he has a pretty paperweight now. Thanks for the replies
    Take it to a Verizon store they should be able to locate the owner via the ESN. Oh yea tell your friend if he doesn't "what goes around comes around". If your friend keeps the phone he is nothing more than a common thief!
    03-06-09 04:14 AM
    Beleive it or not, there are still a lot of folks who have morals and integrity. It sounds like you have no morals and integrity only when it's necessary.
    I'm not saying what I'd do. I'm a very honest person and I'd like to think I wouldnt hesitate to return it. But being honest means that I can admit that if I didnt have a storm and really wanted one, the thougt might cross my mind. And it would cross the minds of other ppl that have posted here, too. The difference is that I'm not talking s*** about it. I dont know the person and I'm not going to judge him or "his friend" by a forum post. Maybe you wouldnt do the same as him, maybe you would. BUT, you cant pick and choose what makes him a bad guy. You have morals and integrity so I'm sure that you have never downloaded music or software for free, right? Do you copy cd's or dvds that you don't own? Do you keep the extra burger you recieved by mistake, or pay a tab thats missing a couple drinks? Its all the same, and you along with everyone here have probably done some of these things more than once. Its still stealing from someone, despite what you think about it, and youre a hipocrite to judge this person for something that you probably do on a regular basis.
    03-06-09 05:08 AM
    I think the whole story is made up just to get the OP some attention.
    03-06-09 05:47 AM
    Return it..how would you feel?
    03-06-09 06:37 AM
    Whats up guys? I was at Dave and Busters last night with some friends and one of them found a Blackberry Storm on a bench. Is there any way he can connect it and use it? Hes already on Verizon

I tried to tell him to return it to vzw store but he said hes not going to
    Id be careful. Personally id return it. But you know karma...

~Joe
    03-06-09 06:40 AM
    I would return it. Karma will get you everytime. It never ceases to amaze me that some people lack the ability to feel any empathy what so ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 07:02 AM
    i know my storm wouldnt even turn on for anyone but me. Shes monogamous no doubt.
    03-06-09 08:45 AM
    Im not promoting the idea of stealing or using lost phones, but do you really think Verzion will black list any phone??

You gotta look at it from the buisness side of things... Anytime a person activates a new phone or service...its another contract for Verzion, contracts = money for Verizon.

Verizon doesnt care if we lose or have our phones stolen, they probably prefer it. Its a win-win for them... The guy that orginally lost his phone will either have to buy another phone and if he has insurance, he'll get a replacement. And the loser that found the phone will have to sign up for a new bb plan.

Sucks for the guy that lost his phone... but Verizon doesnt care...why would they black list a phone if they get another customer out of it all?
    03-06-09 08:45 AM
    Coming from somebody that has lost their storm, return it!
    Mine fell out of the seido spring holster one night while I was out. I realized later that night, called and texted the phone multiple times with no response. The .... ignored every attempt, and did not return it to the address on the main screen. People like that make me sick!! The phone is now a paper weight or at best a mediocre mp3 player
    03-06-09 09:28 AM
    all else fails, you can use it for parts...im kidding.
    but im sure the moderators here can get your info and give it to the authorities...i mean, you are an accomplice to a larceny...depending on your state, it could be over 5 yrs in jail. minimum 30 days in any city. just turn it in to any verizon store and drive on...no questions asked.
    03-06-09 09:36 AM
    Can someone lock the thread, already? I think we can all agree that:

A. The Op could potentially be the "friend."

B. Either way, the "friend" is a ****** for even entertaining the thought of connecting a lost phone.

C. There is probably no way to connect it (and there rightfully shouldn't be, as that would simply encourage phone theft).

D. That we've invested more than enough time and effort in letting this guy know he's a ******.

Agreed?
    03-06-09 09:37 AM
    Basically he has a brick. He will NOT be able to activate it.

Apart from the fact that it's complete idiocy to post that "you"'re (friend) have/has just stolen a phone! I can't believe the stupidity of some people.

Whats up guys? I was at Dave and Busters last night with some friends and one of them found a Blackberry Storm on a bench. Is there any way he can connect it and use it? Hes already on Verizon

I tried to tell him to return it to vzw store but he said hes not going to
    Last edited by bbsean; 03-06-09 at 09:42 AM.
    03-06-09 09:40 AM
    I dub this as FAKE. He just wants a kick out of it...
    03-06-09 09:40 AM
    You need to take this to the proper place. Finding a phone and keeping it is the same as theft....I have learned like many karma is a b i t c h
    Live your life to be to be on top but dont get there the wrong way!!!!!
    03-06-09 09:46 AM
    Your friend? I think you mean you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-09 09:58 AM
    Don't know about the States, but changing networks doesn't change a thing - IMEI number slam dunks the phone side at least for any use whatsoever - and if it ever shows up as a stolen phone on a system - such as some poor sap trying to activate it, having bought it in good faith, it's not beyond the realms of plausibility that a friendly LE visit would be in order.

Ask your friend if he really wants to risk a conviction for his paperweight.
    03-06-09 09:58 AM
    Im not promoting the idea of stealing or using lost phones, but do you really think Verzion will black list any phone??

You gotta look at it from the buisness side of things... Anytime a person activates a new phone or service...its another contract for Verzion, contracts = money for Verizon.

Verizon doesnt care if we lose or have our phones stolen, they probably prefer it. Its a win-win for them... The guy that orginally lost his phone will either have to buy another phone and if he has insurance, he'll get a replacement. And the loser that found the phone will have to sign up for a new bb plan.

Sucks for the guy that lost his phone... but Verizon doesnt care...why would they black list a phone if they get another customer out of it all?
    At the same time, one can logically assume that someone stealing a phone is likely not looking to pay an ETF. So assuming they're under contract, they either want to put the phone on an existing VZW contract or unlock it to use elsewhere. If they activate it, they encourage phone theft, which encourages not buying a phone that locks you into a 2 year contract. I don't think it's in VZW's best interest to activate stolen phones, especially when you consider that on top of all of this, pissing off customers whose phones have been stolen by letting word get out that they'll activate them can't help VZW any. Obviously this is just a string of assumptions but I don't think it's as clear cut as VZW getting another customer by activating stolen phones. My guess would be that there isn't a huge percentage of thieves that would sign a new contract with VZW after stealing a VZW device.
    03-06-09 10:01 AM
161 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD