Well I returned my Storm this morning I was just having some minor issues and was more worried about the durabilty of the phone more than anything. I went with the curve not real happy about it but it is best for now.
    Well then this afternoon I get a call from Verizon from a person that is now calling some people back that have retuned their phones to see why and what was the cause for the return and I gave them a list of the items that have been covered here many times. I was told they are having lots of problems with this phone.
    12-02-08 03:25 PM
    Maybe it was to let us know that VZW is very aware of the issues and trying to do the right thing and rectify them. Or it could be to let us know that 15% of storms have been returned and that the phone sucks
    12-02-08 03:37 PM
    I honestly have been enjoying mine
    12-02-08 03:39 PM
    Thanks for the inside scoop!
    12-02-08 03:40 PM
    I was told they are having lots of problems with this phone.
    This method of using hearsay to "validate" a statement is such a waste of space.

Saying the president of RIM was on TV today and announced "17.3% of Storms are being returned" would mean something. "I know at guy at Verizon who said...." is absolutely unquantifiable nonsense and meaningless.
    12-02-08 03:44 PM
    Maybe it was to let us know that VZW is very aware of the issues and trying to do the right thing and rectify them. Or it could be to let us know that 15% of storms have been returned and that the phone sucks
    My local VZW store refuses to acknowledge any of these issues. There must be have been about 10 people in there today, and not a single one would so much as admit to even hearing about the problems. As far as they're concerned, I'm the only one on the planet who is experiencing these problems, and it must be all in my head. There couldn't possibly be anything wrong with the STORM! yuck. It's so infuriating when you have to say, "No, really, I saw it on the Internet. A ton of people are having the same problem." Yea, that always makes you look real intelligent.
    Anyways, I returned it and paid the restocking fee to get a Curve. I wanted to love the Storm, but I just couldn't do it.
    12-02-08 03:48 PM
    I feel so sorry for the crackberry servers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 03:57 PM
    My local VZW store refuses to acknowledge any of these issues. There must be have been about 10 people in there today, and not a single one would so much as admit to even hearing about the problems. As far as they're concerned, I'm the only one on the planet who is experiencing these problems, and it must be all in my head. There couldn't possibly be anything wrong with the STORM! yuck. It's so infuriating when you have to say, "No, really, I saw it on the Internet. A ton of people are having the same problem." Yea, that always makes you look real intelligent.
    Anyways, I returned it and paid the restocking fee to get a Curve. I wanted to love the Storm, but I just couldn't do it.
    I've been kind of suprised that the CS reps I am talking to while dealing with these exchanges have ranged from not knowing anything about screen problems to saying its a software issue. Do they not know or are they being told to handle it as such for "damage controll"?
    BTW, even with the probs I really do enjoy the phone overall
    12-02-08 04:05 PM
    What exactly are the issues with the phone?
    12-02-08 04:07 PM
    sweet i love mine. sorry to hear you didnt.
    12-02-08 04:09 PM
    I think you have made a mistake taking your storm back and I will tell you why, you brought the phone in the first place for the same reasons as the rest of us. We all read the spec and saw it was going to be the best phone in the world in every way. I see you have been following the talks on the forums and from that it does look like we are going to get several updates which in a short time will probably turn the storm into the phone we all wanted to buy. I think you should of taken a chill pill and waited a few more days. I bet you get proper road rage on the road in a queue!
    12-02-08 04:10 PM
    I am glad that a lot of users are returning them that means when the updated OS comes out and they are badass then everyone around me will not have one too! They will probably raise the price then for suppy and demand!
    12-02-08 04:12 PM
    I'm very happy with mine. And when you look at the HTC Touch Pro and compare it to the Storm you'll see that they are quite similar spec for spec as far as costs would go. The Touch has a smaller higher res display, Storm lower res but bigger. The Touch has WiFi, the storm has 4 cellular radios. They are both running in the same speed realm. Flash sizes are larger in the storm... You know... But you get to pay an extra 150 bucks more for the Touch over the storm. Also the VZW storm is dumbed down from that of other networks. And you get unlimited internet and email for 15 bucks a month cheaper with a Storm than other devices. The storm is a great buy and with some minor tweaks in the software has taken a great step forward. Having a bit of patience and watching a new phone grow is a privilege. Try to enjoy it!

I just hope you never have kids! Cause its kinda frowned upon to return those when they don't come out how you want them. I'm not saying I am but I don't think you're ready!
    12-02-08 04:25 PM
    We all know there are problems with the Storm. I am happy some people are returning theirs so maybe when I get mine fixes will happen a little quicker.

Thanks to all those who threw themselves under the buss to return their Storms so mine will be better in the future.
    12-02-08 04:27 PM
    Here is the thing; everyone went out and bought the storm because they saw the cool commercial. Let's face it...it is a blackberry. Had anyone read the reviews they all said this is not a phone that can be learned in 1 day. I personally loved mine; and now after a 1 week or so can do way more than I ever could with my 8820. It is a Blackberry, there are many things about these devices that aren't easy, but once you bound with yours you can't give it back.
    12-02-08 04:28 PM
    Today I took the two pieces of paper out from behind the battery and went into the Verizon store to show the tech the keyboard problem. He took the phone and tried it, said, I see what you mean and then ordered a replacement to be sent to my home. No problem.
    Why I was in the store I spent some time playing and comparing the Storm with the HTC touch pro and the Omnia. The screen, browser and gui on the storm blew the them out of the water.
    Remember this is just my opinion
    12-02-08 04:35 PM
    Well here is something refreshing .

I sent my storm back after I had trouble with callers not being able to hear me. I went back to my Touch Diamond. I only had the Storm two weeks and GOD I MISS IT !!! I want it back and I want it back NOW !

So I'm off down to Vodafone shop tomorrow to get another and eat humble pie for being a nit wit. Lesson learned and one that will cost me no doubt
    12-02-08 04:49 PM
    What exactly are the issues with the phone?
    SARCASM ALERT!

There are no issues with this phone. Unlike every other NEW phone or Gadget out there, this one came out PERFECT! No start up issues, no difficulties registering the phone like iphone did when new ( AND their latest release fiasco!). No issues at all!

Sorry for the sarcasm on your post, This is not directed toward you at all, just an opportunity to remind people that ALL new high tech things have initial roll out issues that have to be resolved. And this thing is NEW and pretty advanced and has a few issues which are being addressed and will of course be resolved in short order. People have a very short memory, but if we were to go back and see what happened to during the initial release of the Apple iphone, we'd see they had about the same reaction to the phone and the "issues" people had with it back then!

Those who are fed up already really should review their needs and go buy an iphone if they want something similar that has had most of the initial issues resolved. I for one am sticking with VZn and this is a great device that will be improved over time.

OK, got that off my chest....
    12-02-08 04:59 PM
    everyone asks me if i have problems. i just tell people its the best phone ever and any "problems" it may have will only be fixed with RIM updates
    12-02-08 04:59 PM
    I've been kind of suprised that the CS reps I am talking to while dealing with these exchanges have ranged from not knowing anything about screen problems to saying its a software issue. Do they not know or are they being told to handle it as such for "damage controll"?
    BTW, even with the probs I really do enjoy the phone overall
    They must be instructed how to handle the complaints. I was in the store today looking at Storm and Curve and mentioned hearing about problems with the Storm and the CSR acted completly shocked. She said this "always happens when a company rushes to release a new phone. Blackberry will release the improvment software and everything will be great. I have no doubt."
    12-02-08 05:01 PM
    I have had mine now since yesterday and I have no real problems with it. Yeah, it seems to lag here and there but nothing an update or two wouldnt fix. I wasnt expecting my phone to be all everything and perfect on the first day. It does take time and it will surely get better as they work on what bugs are out there. My only problem was learning to use the touch and click feature properly with my slightly large fingers!
    12-02-08 05:13 PM
    Everyone out there who 'loves their storm' -- I just want to see you post a video of you using your phone to browse around the web. I want to make sure than i'm not insane, because nobody i know feel that the browsing is even decent.

everything else, it's okay, software will help - although the 'click problem' is there and now, the OTHER side of my Storm opposite the battery is clicking poorly and requiring a firmer click -- I'll definitely need a replacement device, one i doubt they have resolved the issues on so soon.
    12-02-08 05:18 PM
    Deleted many posts on this thread. Please keep it clean here. No need to bash the OP because the user returned their Storm.
    12-02-08 05:19 PM
    I just hope you never have kids! Cause its kinda frowned upon to return those when they don't come out how you want them. I'm not saying I am but I don't think you're ready!
    I don't care if you are joking or not. But to someone who is unable to have children, this comment is totally uncalled for!!! To compare electronics to a child is rediculous. I hope you NEVER have to feel the grief I live with each and every day!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 05:41 PM
    The only problem I had with mine was the initial lag issues. Im running .75 and as far as I'm concerned my phone works exactly how I would like. I'm a corporate guy and I use my Storm as a blackberry is intended to be used. I have several coworkers who also now have Storms and the only complaint I have heard as of yet is the lag. I also have several friends who are new blackberry users and they have very mixed reviews. Two of them love the phone and are using it for work and play. The other 3 got the phone as a replacement to dare's and envy's. They are having serious issues with how it works in general. Most of the complaints I am hearing are basically the same as if they had went to a Pearl, Curve, or Bold.

It has become very clear to me that some of these phones have quality issues and some don't. I think the typical BB users with good Storms probably feel like I do and like it for the most part. I think the users who got devices with quality issues hate it. I don't blame them one bit, but I also think these users are a little bit understanding and have faith that these quality issues will eventually get worked out.

Then we have the users who wanted it as a multimedia device or just because of the hype. These users have a whole new tool to learn and thats difficult. Add to that the issue of getting a Storm of "poor" quality and you can count on them to want nothing to do with it or any other BB. If this is your first experience with RIM then what confidence would you expect to be left with?

So, what do I say when a friend says "How do you like your Storm?" Well, I tell them the truth. I love my Storm, but if you want it because of hype or as a Iphone replacment then look to something else. This device has the potential to be the "business" if you looking for a business device. If you want a toy then look elsewhere.

I'm also not saying that this device couldn't be what non-business users want. I just don't think it's ready for that type of user.

BTW I payed full retail for my Storm because my Fortune 50 employer only supplies us with AT&T devices. I travel and have learned my AT&T lesson. Lets just say when your working on a catastrophe team in New Orleans about 30 hours after Katrina you would rather have a network that functions because it sucks to have to tell someone that just lost their home that your having trouble processing their claim because you can't communicate with home office. Especially when they want that check so they can find some way to put a roof back over their kids. Had a guy laugh as I threw my old company bb about 40 yards into a parking lot and pulled out my VZW personal pocket pc to handle their claim. BTW that was a great convo with my director. "So, what exactly happened to your BB?" "It's Gone..... Let just move on!"
    12-03-08 12:40 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD