I have to say I am absolutely heart broken and I am a Newbie. I have tried searching for an answer on here, google, talking to other blackberry users, and even going to the Verizon store.

I was updating my Storm(the Legit way, I wasn�t using the leak) using the download method(downloading the .exe from Verizon). While that was installing I somehow managed to pull the USB cable out of the computer right when it was at the end of "Removing all Applications" this caused an error but I forgot to write the error number down.

I tried running the .exe from verizon again to no avail, took out the battery lots and lots of times, reinstalling the blackberry software and drivers on my pc, using the command prompt loader.exe /nojvm method, tried wiping it in JL_Cmder(not sure how to make this work), and as a last resort I went to Verizon and they tried to use device manager to get it working again(they said that's all they can do).

Whenever I run the Apploader it always finds the berry as "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN", It gets past connecting to device (ARM), I don't check anything except the things that are grayed out in the next screen(I have in the past though with the same effect), I click finish and it gets past load JVM and System software(this can take 30-60 min), but it never gets past Intilizing Device. The errors at the end vary but are typically [A:0x0000000E], [A:0x00000001], or [A:0x00000025].

If you need any more information ill be happy to let you know and I will try whatever possibilities you can think of(I'm at the point where I'd even consider using it for target practice...lol).

Thank You so much for taking the time to read this!

I also followed the tutorial about Nuked Berries here on crackberry and I the tutorial about how to install an OS.

Zach
    12-07-08 02:52 PM
    Hey, sorry to hear about the bad luck with the berry..

Heres what I would do..call verizon, *611 talk to an rep and explain that you would like them to patch you through to the bb customer service. I will bet that they can help you..they helped me out

And the reason I say to call the verizon cust service is because the call costs money if you call them direct for whatever reason.

Try it!
    12-07-08 02:55 PM
    This is going to be a dumb question, but is there a way I can call 611 from a landline(my berry can not make calls).

Zach
    12-07-08 02:57 PM
    1 800 922 0204 is verizon customer care. You never want to call in from the phone you're having issues with, so in this case you're all good.
    12-07-08 02:59 PM
    Call 1-800-922-0204 and enter the phone number of your BB. That will get you directed to the right person.

Sorry to hear about your luck. Maybe you can leave out the part about unplugging the cable and just tell them that the update bricked your BB. That would be the best way to get one under warranty.
    12-07-08 03:01 PM
    12-07-08 03:01 PM
    Im on hold waiting for customer service.

I did try the nuked berry tutorial already, still got Fatal Errors at the end.

Zach
    WOW, VZW is fast, on the phone with them now.
    12-07-08 03:04 PM
    Whenever I run the Apploader it always finds the berry as "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN", It gets past connecting to device (ARM), I don't check anything except the things that are grayed out in the next screen(I have in the past though with the same effect), I click finish and it gets past load JVM and System software(this can take 30-60 min), but it never gets past Intilizing Device. The errors at the end vary but are typically [A:0x0000000E], [A:0x00000001], or [A:0x00000025].
    You don't happen to have a firewall on or something of that sort? Whenever I tried to wipe my device it would always throw me some sort of error like that until I realized I had to shutdown my firewall and bam, all was well. Also, try to wipe your device and then try the loader.exe /nojvm again. Best of luck!
    12-07-08 03:07 PM
    No firewall is running(ive turned them all off that are on the computer) I'm on a mac running Parallels to do all this stuff in XP Pro. I have tried wiping and then doing the loader.exe /nojvm again and still errors(did that earlier this morning).

Verizon said that they cannot put me through to RIM because my device won't power on....that’s dumb.

Zach

EDIT: I try not to double post, but I just nticed, my phone keeps connecting an disconnecting from XP every couple of minutes and there are not any programs running that would do that...is this a symptom?
    Last edited by mttallaczach; 12-07-08 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Not to double post
    12-07-08 03:10 PM
    Verizon is sending me a new one(I'm surprised but they said t=it will be NEW not a refurb) but if anyone has anyother ideas it would be much appreciated. I kinda feel bad getting 2 when there are a lot of other people that cant get one. any sugestions? anyone?

Zach
    12-07-08 03:33 PM
    Seems like you did everything possible to get your current BB to work again. You shouldn't feel bad that you are getting another one.
    12-07-08 03:44 PM
    I guess, but I don't understand why I cant get it to work...I guess this can be my puzzle for the next 1-2 weeks...lol
    12-07-08 03:50 PM
    Since you're sure you bricked it, why don't you try the other 2 apps in this thread and see if you have any luck..
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/wiping-110531/
    12-07-08 03:51 PM
    will do, it would be awesome if it works...I have hope...if I wipe it, I should be able to get it working with apploader right?
    12-07-08 03:53 PM
    It's possible you just had a bad unit, and it would have failed anyway without you accidentally unplugging the USB cable.

Or perhaps because you're doing it on a Mac running Windows in what amounts to a sophisticated emulator. Putting an extra virtual layer between your app and the hardware, especially when you need that app to do specific hardware manipulation such as loading a new OS onto your phone, sounds to me like it would present a world of problems.
    12-07-08 03:56 PM
    will do, it would be awesome if it works...I have hope...if I wipe it, I should be able to get it working with apploader right?
    Should...
    As long as you have the OS on your pc.
    12-07-08 03:56 PM
    http :/ /forums.crackberry.com / f3 /how-do-i-recover-dead-blackberry- 32322

this is the one i used when i got the reload software white screen. not sure if you used this one but it was very easy. good luck
    12-07-08 03:58 PM
    It's possible you just had a bad unit, and it would have failed anyway without you accidentally unplugging the USB cable.

Or perhaps because you're doing it on a Mac running Windows in what amounts to a sophisticated emulator. Putting an extra virtual layer between your app and the hardware, especially when you need that app to do specific hardware manipulation such as loading a new OS onto your phone, sounds to me like it would present a world of problems.
    I was thinking about the virtualization problems...but they couldn�t do it at the verizon store and I know they have a good computer because they had 2 storms to play with running 4.7.0.75 that they said they have had since launch.
    12-07-08 03:59 PM
    i think you should do it from a PC.

USB sucks in guest OSs.
    12-07-08 04:06 PM
    Running XP in bootcamp would work right?

looks like I'm going to get to boot up the little macmini...lol
    12-07-08 04:11 PM
    I think boot camp would be much better.
    12-07-08 04:13 PM
    When I am in apploader, besides the default applications to load, are there any additional ones?

Zach
    12-07-08 04:24 PM
    From the posts that I have read many people are having problems with Mac and the storm def try boot camp that should work a lot better or perhaps you can get your hands on a pc?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 04:24 PM
    From the posts that I have read many people are having problems with Mac and the storm def try boot camp that should work a lot better or perhaps you can get your hands on a pc?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not working with boot camp, I only have macs at my house, ill see if I can get access to a PC to install stuff on.

I was using JL_cmder...how do I know it sees the blackberry? if I choose either Device Info, Eventlog, or screenshot...nothing happens except a blank notepad for the first 2 and a prompt asking me to name the screenshot...
    12-07-08 04:40 PM
    Whenever you are doing an upgrade of your software or doing a wipe of the handheld you will receive a message that warns you not to remove the battery (or power source) from the device. If either of those things happen then more then likely the device is fried. I guess trying the things that others have posted may work but it was probably better for you to get a new one. VZW shouldn't have any refurbished units at this point because the device hasn't been out long enough for them to have them in stock.
    12-07-08 05:13 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD