I have had the Storm for three weeks now. Generally, I love the device. I have been lucky enough to have not had any of the major problems some have experienced. I have also used the iPhone a fair bit so that is what I find myself comparing to most of the time. Here are my main comments/suggestions/hopes:

1. I like the "clickability" of the screen for items such as menu selection, browser items, navigation, etc.

2. I don't like the click screen when it comes to typing, especially in full landscape mode. I can type much faster on the iPhone and find its full keyboard easier to use. That said, I almost always use the portrait smart-type board.

3. I hope future software updates will improve the flow of the menus, lists, etc. I love how the iPhone just moves so effortlessly as you ove your fingers up and down the screen. I also like your email or other lists on the screen will just continue to scroll if you flick it down or up with your finger. My Storm just doesn't move up and down so easily. What it wierd is that lists of articles, etc. in my Wall Street reader app flow up and down in a very iPhone-like way on my Storm but none of the actual BB apps will do this. This gives me hope that a future software fix will improve it.

4. Additionally, I hope future software updates will simply improve the speed of EVERYTHING. Mine responds fairly quickly, but it still feels a touch slow at most tasks.

5. I wish the Storm could layout an SMS text discussion the way an iPhone can.

5. Question: Is Wifi a feature that could be added via a software update, or would it require some form of hardware change to accomodate it?

6. I hope they can get the theme builder out soon for this thing so the developers can really start to personalize the thing. I am not a big fan of the Storm icons.

7. Bottom line, I love the Storm and think it will evolve into a great device but it is just a bit off at the moment. If I could have the look, feel and performance of an iPhone with the email, smart type and MMS text ability of a BB right now, I would be set.
    12-15-08 05:12 PM
    WiFi will not be added by software
    12-15-08 05:19 PM
    So...... basically you're saying you wish you had an iPhone with a BlackBerry logo on it?
    12-15-08 05:22 PM
    So...... basically you're saying you wish you had an iPhone with a BlackBerry logo on it?
    An iPhone on Verizon that worked on BES -- I would buy it in a heartbeat and my guess is that many other Storm purchasers would to. Typing would be a pain, but I would learn to live with it for all of the ease and convenience that the iPhone has to offer. An before you flame, I have been a BB user for 4 years and very much like BB. But, since the iPhone on Verizon with BES is not a possibility, I will live with the Storm and like it.
    12-15-08 07:04 PM
    My list:
    CON:
    -I hate it when the camera comes on in another function (like a phone call...oh please get us better software for this camera)...and it happens at least 4 times a day for no reason I can determine.
    - I pull the battery daily cause of all the issues of it rebooting even after I have Release .76 installed.
    -The keyboard in portrait mode in any application (multi-tap or otherwise)...hate it.
    -The slowness of the browser to repaint and enlarge the screen when you tap the magnification symbol.
    - The overall lack of speed.

Pro:
    -physical design is beautiful.
    -the overall UI is simple and very functional..HOWEVER, BB just needs to get it working without failures in every application...like voice calling, bluetooth and speed dialing, that crazy camera, video, etc, etc, etc,

Bottom line...we NEED major software fixes now.
    Last edited by auburn1975; 12-15-08 at 07:25 PM.
    12-15-08 07:23 PM
    An iPhone on Verizon that worked on BES -- I would buy it in a heartbeat and my guess is that many other Storm purchasers would to. Typing would be a pain, but I would learn to live with it for all of the ease and convenience that the iPhone has to offer. An before you flame, I have been a BB user for 4 years and very much like BB. But, since the iPhone on Verizon with BES is not a possibility, I will live with the Storm and like it.
    Nope - love my Storm, if I wanted an iPhone I would have one regardless of the network.

Want to be the "cool" trendy kid on the block and like Steve Jobs telling you how to spend your cash... get an iPhone.
    Personally I prefer the nice integration into my business email and Blackberry push technology, click technology works for my fingers and the ability to replace simple things like a battery or upgrade my memory card.

iPhones are good for some but not me
    12-15-08 08:05 PM
    Nope - love my Storm, if I wanted an iPhone I would have one regardless of the network.

Want to be the "cool" trendy kid on the block and like Steve Jobs telling you how to spend your cash... get an iPhone.
    Personally I prefer the nice integration into my business email and Blackberry push technology, click technology works for my fingers and the ability to replace simple things like a battery or upgrade my memory card.

iPhones are good for some but not me

Being this blind can lead to having a mullet 20 years after there no good.

reguardless of how much people don't like "Steve Jobs"

His phone his computers his OS

are far superior in quality..

you know why I like microsoft a crap ton?

because if it was all mac I may not have a Job.. I spend my days fixing things..

do you know how often I fix the mac section?

not very..

love them or hate them they come up with a great product that definetly does work and I have real world experience to prove it

I choose the storm over the iPhone for a phone but certain things the storm will never hold a candle to the iPhone.

part of the problem with mac/apple.. is that people have been using microsoft for so long they still assume that macs cant do what they can do and are scared to change
    12-15-08 08:13 PM
    Being this blind can lead to having a mullet 20 years after there no good.

reguardless of how much people don't like "Steve Jobs"

His phone his computers his OS

are far superior in quality..

you know why I like microsoft a crap ton?

because if it was all mac I may not have a Job.. I spend my days fixing things..

do you know how often I fix the mac section?

not very..

love them or hate them they come up with a great product that definetly does work and I have real world experience to prove it

I choose the storm over the iPhone for a phone but certain things the storm will never hold a candle to the iPhone.

part of the problem with mac/apple.. is that people have been using microsoft for so long they still assume that macs cant do what they can do and are scared to change

Since we sound as if we are in the same business (over 20 years in the IT industry)… I would like to counter with

1. I would love the ability to have a mullet since I have be bald for the last 20 years

2. Please point out where I said:
    a. Mac technology was poor.
    b. Blackberry is Microsoft?

3. I prefaced with “I Prefer” and ended with “iPhone are for some but not for me” … but where are the inaccuracies?
    a. Is the business email better integrated (IMO yes)
    b. Does BB use push technology (Yes)
    c. Can you change out Memory or Batteries (Yes)
    d. Do I prefer the Click technology (yes)

So not quite sure why this is blind I am pointing out fact, be it personal choice or actual
    Last edited by TXBlade; 12-15-08 at 08:34 PM.
    12-15-08 08:28 PM
    Since we sound as if we are in the same business (over 20 years in the IT industry)� I would like to counter with

1. I would love the ability to have a mullet since I have be bald for the last 20 years

2. Please point out where I said:
    a. Mac technology was poor.
    b. Blackberry is Microsoft?

3. I prefaced with �I Prefer� and ended with �iPhone are for some but not for me� � but where are the inaccuracies?
    a. Is the business email better integrated (IMO yes)
    b. Does BB use push technology (Yes)
    c. Can you change out Memory or Batteries (Yes)
    d. Do I prefer the Click technology (yes)

So not quite sure why this is blind I am pointing out fact, be it personal choice or actual

I know I guess my entire post wasn't actually against you in a whole..

"Want to be the "cool" trendy kid on the block and like Steve Jobs telling you how to spend your cash"

specifically that line leads to people saying things about how macs cant do this and cant do that etc etc..

when in reality it can do more then what the perception is

and being in IT you obviously would know it .. it wasn't really a attack more a attack on a generalization.
    12-16-08 01:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD