I don't know what happened today, but for whatever reason my data stopped working. Woke this morning, sitting on the can doing my business and like I do everyday I go to reuters.com for news. Couldn't access it. Tried other pages, couldn't access it. Now, I have quick pull and it does a pull about a half hour after I wake up so I figured I'd just wait for that. So I get ready and go to work and come to work and see that I have new email in my Outlook but the Storm didn't show it. So then I do a real battery pull, and then I end up getting two new email on my Storm and I think all is well. So as the day goes by and I get work and personal email, it occurs to me my Storm hasn't been flashing. So I see the data is still not working. Its on 1xev (lower case). When I do a battery pull, it goes to 1XEV (upper case) but then a few mins later it goes back down to 1xev. I am getting my SMS, but not email or browser or wireless sync.

What to do?
    03-31-09 04:09 PM
    Try turning your connections off, then back on.
    03-31-09 04:11 PM
    Jackpot!
    Just did that and got 20 emails in at once...and radio is at 1XEV

Thanks man!
    03-31-09 05:00 PM
    Same thing happened to me.

This tricked fixed it for me, too.

Why did/does this happen?
    03-31-09 05:27 PM
    lol! This is truly the dumbest thing I've found about the phone! This has happened to me numerous times in the past few weeks. First time I called VZW, they gave the battery pull crap. So I reconnected to see if it would help, and it's fixed it 100% of the time. I think it re-registers with the network, fixes the problem. If I'm not mistaken I think the .113 changelog that was released mentioned a fix for this. It's the only phone on VZW that does this.
    03-31-09 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD