hey my dad just got the bb storm 9530, okay there are few problems with it, first we put his sim card in it, all the contacts are saved in his bb and when he clicks on the contact name to make a call it dials the number but it says "conjestion". probalbly i said to my self tghe OS needs to be updated. so i cannot the storm to pc and the bb desktop manager didnt find any os upates for it. has anybody expereniced this problem before, let me know. and yes the phone has been unlocked.
    04-05-09 10:56 AM
    Stop messing with OS updates. That's not your problem.

What carrier is this with and is it activated on that network? I ask because if you're on a CDMA carrier like Verizon or Tellus, you don't use a SIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 11:01 AM
    i am in jamaica with digicel, they are 2g network. so we use sim. but he can recieve calls. we havent touch the os. we just the got the phone. so i am wondering what is the problem.
    04-05-09 11:04 AM
    The problem is that if you're on a GSM carrier (use a SIM card because the g or "Generation" of network has nothing to do with SIM or no SIM) you really should have gotten a 9500 instead. What carrier is the Storm that you have and was it properly unlocked? Also, set your radio network settings to GSM and try again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-09 11:10 AM
    i got the phone from verizon. they unclocked it. maybe it was not unclocked properly. where is the radio newtork settings?
    04-05-09 11:15 AM
    Options > Mobile Network
    04-05-09 11:19 AM
    so basically if that doesnt work then get it unlocked again?
    04-05-09 11:19 AM
    I am guessing if Verizon unlocked it they unlocked sim for global roaming.
    You need a unlock code so you can use any GSM sim card.
    PM me and I can help you get phone unlocked
    04-05-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD