ok..here goes... i just got my bbs.. ive had it for about two weeks.. ive kinda figured it out... and b4 i got my bbs i had an iphone.. so u would only imagine i compare them for everything..and im loving this bbs.. but overall.. its slow .. the lock button is super slow...my email dosent show images .. my ringtones dont work it makes the same two beeps for all of the tones.. it connnnnstantly freezes.. so i feel like i have to take alot time after i touch anything on it so it wont mess up on me?? anybody have any tips.. cuz i just want it to work as well as the iphone did because the iphone never really had any defects and i had it for a while.. im hoping its just my phone and not the bbs itself .. so if anyone could help that would b great
    03-18-09 11:36 AM
    Which OS are you running? If you are still running the OS that came with the phone (.75), that could be a large contributing facor. I would suggest upgrading your OS to at least .109 (I'm running the hybrid .114 and my phone is working beautifully) and I'm sure that most of your problems will clear up.
    Last edited by bearkat38; 03-18-09 at 11:52 AM.
    03-18-09 11:48 AM
    as far as i know i havent upgraded the os.. so i hope your right.. now i just dont know how or where to get an os upgrade from?? any tips?
    03-18-09 11:55 AM
    Here's the link..try the Hybrid OS Bearkat38 is talking about..pretty stable and fast..you'll like it

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ne...-great-181926/
    All of these issues can be addressed. do a search for tips and tricks and youll find alot of things you can do to change it around including downloading images in email and changing your sound profile for each alert. I spent about and hour as soon as i got my bbs setting everything up the way i wanted it

as for the OS upgrade i wouldnt waste my time IMO. sure it fixes some issues but makes others worse. I would wait until verizon releases the offical update in a few weeks, but to each his own.
    what will an os upgrade do? and y is the hybrid ...hybrid..wats mixed about it??
    03-18-09 12:01 PM
    what will an os upgrade do? and y is the hybrid ...hybrid..wats mixed about it??
    Keep in mind the leaked updates are beta, use at your own risk. There are many threads documenting how to get and install the updates, latest is ver .114 but it has several issues.

The Hybrid .114 is an attempt to fix some of the problems introduced with .114. It's "hybrid" because the guy who made it took pieces from previous updates and patched them together. I'm running it myself and it works well, but just be advised these are not official updates approved by your provider.
    03-18-09 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD