My BB storm 2 is BRAND NEW! 2010. Is this a "THING" with newer BB storm 2's? Will it clear up? My husbands Storm 2 is crystal clear, its white, not this yellow, dingy looking screen. Its not horrible, just kinda sucks. I'm a perfectionist...lol...its driving me crazy!!!!!!!! lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-10 01:31 AM
    You might have to get it replaced, based on what you're describing. It's possible you got one from a bad batch.
    12-11-10 01:33 AM
    I seen lots of personal electronics with LCD screens, and ALL of them have different color temps). If you are a perfectionist, basically you are screwed. seriously. If you go to any store and look at a couple of touch screen phones carefully, you'll find that no two have identical color temps except in rare instances. Try to reign in your need for perfection, because this tech isn't perfect.

Having said that, I haven't seen YOUR screen, so perhaps it's ridiculously out of spec, in which case a swap would be justified.
    12-11-10 02:42 AM
    You might have to get it replaced, based on what you're describing. It's possible you got one from a bad batch.
    Thanks! I will live with it. It's such a mild tint. The OS and phone are...perfect!! I don't wanna risk loosing a great phone. It seems to get a bit more clear after use. I have my screen brightness set to 70 with auto dim. I'm hoping over time, it will either clear up, or I will get use to it, not even notice.

12-11-10 02:44 AM
    Might be such a new device that the glue is still drying. If that's the case, it should continue to improve and clear up.

12-11-10 10:22 AM
    My first two 9550's had a cool color temp and my latest is definitely on the yellow end of the spectrum. As you said, not terrible, but I do prefer the cooler temp screens.
    12-11-10 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD