Hello to All�.
    I'm new to this forum and not even sure if this is the right place to put this entry but what the heck, here it comes. Today the unthinkable happened. I went riding on my new motorcycle and I put my BB storm in my pocket but forgot to zip up the pocket. Long story short, I lost the phone. Fortunately it was found by a motorist who later contacted me at home and here is how he described the event. He saw the BB Storm flying out of my pocket at the intersection as the light turned green, after that was just sheer horror. He saw 3 cars going over it at 40 MPH flipping it several times till it ended at the right shoulder of the road. First he did not even wanted to pick it up because he thought it was utterly destroyed, but he did anyway. To his amazement it was just restarting and after about 1.5 minutes all came alive and it was back to normal.
    The crystal face was unscratched (had a protective film on it) the protective rubber case that I had put on was gone and the back metal case was scratched up a bit. No other damage. I was in shock. I took it in to VZ to check it all out and they said it was all OK. I guess it�s safe to say it passed the shock resistance test which it was not even designed for. I�m still amazed and my hat is off to the Storm design team. Job was well done.

03-30-09 11:25 PM
    Wow. 3 cars?!? thats nuts....
    +1 for the Storm!!
    03-30-09 11:29 PM
    How about some pictures?
    03-30-09 11:51 PM
    I would be horrified if my storm ever touched pavement.
    03-30-09 11:52 PM
    I bet that guy went and bought a Storm right after that.
    03-30-09 11:55 PM
    I would be horrified if my storm ever touched pavement.
    I noticed 2 little scratches on the chrome part of my storm the other day and i was so upset haha i immediately looked up ways to change the chrome to black, or 'customize' it. Haha.
    03-30-09 11:56 PM
    i have a sleeve that i keep my Storm in (off of an old HTC mogul). since i had kept a samsung i760 in the same sleeve, it's a little loose around the storm. i dropped the storm/sleeve yesterday and luckily it didn't fall out of the sleeve upon impact with concrete. long story short, it's still working fine. not to say that it's comparable with the aforementioned abuse, but still.
    03-31-09 12:55 AM
    How about some pictures?
    I would love to but since I'm new they will not allow me till I have 10 postings...but thanks for the idea because I just took some great pics..and I'll post them later.
    03-31-09 03:16 PM
    I noticed 2 little scratches on the chrome part of my storm the other day and i was so upset haha i immediately looked up ways to change the chrome to black, or 'customize' it. Haha.
    Nail polish.
    03-31-09 03:36 PM
    What kind of bike?
    03-31-09 03:59 PM
    I was actually just thinking about that and my father owns a laser engraving company. I'm thinking of taking it in and seeing if he can put my name, address or a 'if lost call <name> in phone directory'.

That's pretty awesome and encouraging about your ordeal with three cars running it over! I was a bit worried about durability since the screen is like one big button.
    03-31-09 04:14 PM
    Wow for me this is what happened. I got out of my car. It falls out of my pocket the screen cracks, but yours has no cracks after being run over WTF!!!!
    03-31-09 04:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD