It just started doing this. I did a battery pull and even went to the default theme thinking it was that. When I hit the BB button instead of getting home or the menu on the left that comes up with options, I get a pop up box like when u want to switch aps.
    Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
    Carlissa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 08:08 PM
    It's a known hiccup for your .141 OS, I would see if throwing your service books + a battery pull would help. Did it do that before your upgrade?
    05-13-09 08:13 PM
    did you try changing the key interval to something slower it might be cause your holding the bb button too long.
    05-13-09 08:29 PM
    Mine started doing this about a week after upgrading to .141. Pretty annoying. Would love to know how to fix this.

Edit: Changing the tap interval did fix mine.
    Last edited by txaggie84; 05-13-09 at 08:36 PM.
    05-13-09 08:33 PM
    It sounds like you need to adjust your keyboard and screen sensitivities.

go to Options>Screen/Keyboard and scroll down to Touchscreen and revise the settings. Try a few until you find the ones that work for you.

When you press the BB button do it quickly, don't hold it down.
    05-13-09 08:34 PM
    did you try changing the key interval to something slower it might be cause your holding the bb button too long.
    You beat me to it.
    05-13-09 08:35 PM
    No it didnr do ir before rhe upgrade but I did mess with key settingS tonite
    It's a known hiccup for your .141 OS, I would see if throwing your service books + a battery pull would help. Did it do that before your upgrade?
    05-13-09 08:37 PM
    Your holding the bb button down too long which will bring up the application switcher. Change the key rate to something slower.

Options>Screen/Keyboard>Key Rate
    05-13-09 08:37 PM
    try pressing the BB button and letting go quickly...if you hold it down it will go to app switcher...or as above switch you sensitivity
    05-13-09 08:38 PM
    No it didnr do ir before rhe upgrade but I did mess with key settingS tonite

I can tell from your typing when you have random capitals that your key rate is set too high. It could have changed by itself during the upgrade.
    05-13-09 08:38 PM
    I went back to orig settings and it is better. Thank u. Any help with getting better with typing? Cuz I'm 2 seconds from going back to curve. I can fly with my curve. I've had this phone for almost 2 weeks now so I can still return it and cancel verizon contract as I still have sprint but wanted the storm so bad. I love the screen but getting annoyed at typing.

Thanks,
    Carlissa

05-13-09 08:44 PM
    I went back to orig settings and it is better. Thank u. Any help with getting better with typing? Cuz I'm 2 seconds from going back to curve. I can fly with my curve. I've had this phone for almost 2 weeks now so I can still return it and cancel verizon contract as I still have sprint but wanted the storm so bad. I love the screen but getting annoyed at typing.

Thanks,
    Carlissa

Well it took me about two weeks to really get good at typing. So all i can say is that there is a learning curve and it takes a while.
    05-13-09 08:47 PM
    I can tell from your typing when you ha
    ve random capitals that your key rate is set too high. It c
    ould have changed by itself during the upgrade.
    Exactly what it was. It is fine now. I adjusted the settings. Put it back to normal I had changed it to fast thinking that would help my typing. I'm sick of making mistakes.

Carlissa

05-13-09 08:50 PM
    Funny from this I learned that by pressing the BB button longer u get the switch app thingy which I didn't know til this mishap.

LOL
    Carlissa

05-13-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD