Ok, got my storm in today, it did take a little doing to get it activated for some reason, but after resending the service books a few times, and a couple of reboots, it's up and running....

First impression:
    I'm in awe... Really, you guys are having that much trouble with this phone. After reading numerous posts on here of all the negatives, I was really beginning to worry. I'm having no problems typing on this thing as I was used to my Pearl, and the Suretype keyboard is right at home for me, typing with one thumb is as easy as my pearl, and even the full Qwerty is easy enough to push out some fairly fast typing...

Lag does not seem to be a problem, it's there but not near as bad as what some have reported, granted I am in the habit of always hitting menu>Close to get out of every application (except SMS/Email). I played with it a few hours with VZ nav still installed, then I deleted it. However I didn't really notice a difference in speed. Again, not that I'm complaining....

The "wiggling" screen (gap), I actually like. It gives me feedback when I'm scrolling through pictures, or browsing a website (swiping). I personally don't think that's a downside to the phone.

The accelerometer is one thing I've noticed. It does take it a second to kick in on the more intensive programs, but it's not unbearable. Maybe it's the way I'm holding the phone, but I haven't had it just switch to portrait/landscape for no reason. It stays on what I want...

The other thing I've noticed so far is the camera. Although I'm impressed with the quality, the slowness needs to be addressed. The video camera however I'm very pleased with, so I won't b***h to much about that yet. I'm sure a future upgrade will speed the camera up.

All-in-all I'm very happy with this phone. Again, after lurking around here and another forum, reading all of the bad reviews, and basically just seeing almost no positive reviews I was starting to worry. But then after playing with mine, I can see it may be one of those love it or hate it phones. I don't think there's an inbetween.

So will I be taking this phone back??? **** no... BUT, that's the great thing about it. YOU CAN TAKE IT BACK IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!!! Personally I just can't see bad mouthing a RISK-FREE trial. It's too good of a phone to be worried about a couple of glitches (of which I haven't seen yet) here and there (IT'S BRAND NEW!!). And if you're B***hing about 3rd party apps, what did you expect?? The phone is brand new, has a completely different way of navigating, and there's going to be some time needed to adapt the apps that are out there, or have yet to be created.

RIM I'm sure has their extermination department destroying the bugs, but so far I think they pushed out a great product, with the potential to be an excellent product. I don't think they're getting the credit they deserve. Granted, yes they could've pushed the launch date further back to continue working on it, however I think they will be able to get the device funtioning at 100% a lot faster with us 400,000 "Beta" testers using it in real-world conditions...

Anyway, that's my review, take it for what it's worth. And to the few who enjoy their Storms, I'm glad to finally join the club!!!
    11-28-08 09:27 PM
    Great post. Thanks for sharing your opinion on the Storm. I have pre-ordered mine through Telus (Canada) and therefore I am happy to hear some positive comments. I wish I had 30 days like you guys do to take it back in case something does go wrong... Telus apparently will only be giving 7 days. Anyways, I will be joining you Stormers in mid-December... can't wait!
    11-28-08 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD